Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 242417 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement found
« Reply #735 on: December 01, 2010, 11:49:57 am »

Wait-wait-wait, WHAT?
First of all, why isn't anybody even considering the possibility of exterminator not killing anyone, thus framing Mish?
Second, my vote on webadict was not based on OMGUS but instead on the facts I gathered - for all I know, Web is either the exterminator, or a dopp who wishes to pull a vote on a new player who probably won't put much of a defense because of not being familiar with the game.
Third, as I said, I suspect a team of Web-Karmina (the reasons being similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes and the second immediatly changing his vote to re-balance the scales of voting). Name one reason for two people not familiar with each other have such similarities.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 01, 2010, 11:58:45 am »

Name one reason for two people not familiar with each other have such similarities.

They're both perceptive and correct?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 01, 2010, 12:19:11 pm »

Name one reason for two people not familiar with each other have such similarities.

They're both perceptive and correct?
And everyone else who doesn't employ their line of thinking is dumb and wrong?

Also, how would you explain Karmina backuping Web when he was getting dangerously close to lynch?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 01, 2010, 12:21:08 pm »

Sorry Toast, but Kamina is weaselly since he almost got lynched back day 1. Right now all he does is align himself with any alpha dog he can find to protect his hide.

As for the zath thing, i re-read. I admit to have passed some good info, but i'll still keep vigilant.  Also, i havent got any feedback about you and Kamina relationship, and that's not boding well.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #739 on: December 01, 2010, 12:39:50 pm »

All riiiight, I'm kinda up to date with events.

First of all, about Mish (and then me) being Exterminator - Mish's last post was three days before the end of Day 2, so it would make sense for actual exterminator NOT to kill anyone and claim that lack of kill was due to Mish's absence (yes, I know about WIFOM it implies but isn't it better for Exterminator not to kill anyone for one night at the cost of safety from lynching and ability to kill the next one when odds are in his favor). Second, Zathras has pretty much proved himself a townie (if I'm wrong and missed some vital piece of information, please correct me), so anyone trying to frame him isn't likely to be pro-town.

If I understand the situation correctly, Zathras has proven himself to be a psychic warden, but not necessarily town.

That being said, webadict has pointed that his suspicions swing between him and me, so I would say he must be the one who framed Mish if my first guess is correct.

Sorry for pretty weak accusations, but I'll improve them once I learn about the current state of affairs first-hand.

P.S:
So, webadict posted right before me:
And I came up with two possibilities: Guardian protect or Mish unavailable. The third option (not choosing to kill) has no more reason to be explored, mostly because nothing anyone would do would make any sense. Even for WIFOM. And nobody seems crazy enough to try it.
That seems to fit with my guess - he framed Mish and then directly declared that the possibility of him not killing anyone is impossible, thus lifting suspicions from himself.

Wait,

so it would make sense for actual exterminator NOT to kill anyone and claim that lack of kill was due to Mish's absence (yes, I know about WIFOM it implies but isn't it better for Exterminator not to kill anyone for one night at the cost of safety from lynching and ability to kill the next one when odds are in his favor).

I dunno. You're voting Web mostly because his theory contradicts your theory. Except his theory tries to avoid WIFOM, where your theory jumps right in with it. I think I like the theory with less WIFOM, myself.

@Kamina:
So, being logical doesn't work with you. Well then, where did you get the whole idea that I am Exterminator with the exception of coincidental absence of Mish in the night? If you call logic WIFOM, there's no way to prove I'm not exterminator, SS or a dinosaur for that matter. You are just hellbent on lynching me, which confirms my earlier suspicions on you being in team with webadict (similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes, etc.).

You actually gave an argument as to why Web could be scum, and then you switch your vote to Kamina because he's "illogical"? And what were these "earlier suspicions"? I didn't see anything in your posts about Kamina until now. This just looks like garbage OMGUS.

Also, you unvoted webadict right after you saw me voting for him. Something tells me that you don't actually want him lynched, you just show off that you voted for him and it was just a coincidence that you happened to be in minority...

His unvote of Web does not correspond with your vote of Web; it corresponds with you acting scummy.

Wait-wait-wait, WHAT?
First of all, why isn't anybody even considering the possibility of exterminator not killing anyone, thus framing Mish?
Second, my vote on webadict was not based on OMGUS but instead on the facts I gathered - for all I know, Web is either the exterminator, or a dopp who wishes to pull a vote on a new player who probably won't put much of a defense because of not being familiar with the game.
Third, as I said, I suspect a team of Web-Karmina (the reasons being similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes and the second immediatly changing his vote to re-balance the scales of voting). Name one reason for two people not familiar with each other have such similarities.

1. Probably because everybody in this game would like to see the Exterminator dead. The Exterminator is sought by town and dopp alike, so waiting around and not killing anyone is a pretty bad idea.
2. Your vote on Webadict was indeed not OMGUS. Your vote on Kamina was very OMGUS.
3. Because if you show two different people a blue duck, they're going to say it's a blue duck.

I'm going Dariush for now, then.

///////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Now, to address earlier concerns.

Janus:
Argembarger said he wanted to be treated like everybody else when replaced in. There's no reason to give him slack if he doesn't want any.
I had for gotten that. I still think that Argembarger had the right idea and Toaster the wrong for the original point though. Even within the original first extension, the vote has already changed quite a bit. It wasn't something that would cause problems back then.

I still found it odd that he mentioned the tiebreaker vote, then completely ignored the two people tied.  I don't think it was terribly scummy- probably more lazy than anything.  His last post was definitely scummier, though.

First off, thank you for respecting my wishes to not give me slack because I'm new. I'm having a pretty good time in the Mafia, and I'm a little upset that I never discovered Mafia earlier in my life. I may be new at Mafia, but I'm not new at arguing or debating, so if I show logical errors or what not, by all means, hound me for them.

Now, I will confess, those posts were extremely lazy that I made. I was distracted with my RL studies and pressed for time, but I went ahead and posted anyway, and now it's coming back to bite me.

To be honest, I don't have much of anything to say about Leafsnail. I'm not all that sure why I FoS'd him. If I had reasons to suspect him then, I don't remember what they were, which probably means they weren't very good ones. Maybe I confused him with someone else, somehow. Likely I was just tired and burnt out.

I should just start keeping physical notes about everyone somewhere, keeping track of all these shenanigans in my head is kind of pointlessly difficult. Sometimes it's like trying to tell a friend about what's going on in Homestuck. I end up confusing myself and having to reread things several times before I post.

As for Ottofar, my main concern right now is that he is focused on Kamina and doesn't seem to have anything to say about the other events at hand. Kamina is, well, kind of an easy target, as I'm sure Kamina would (and has!) freely admitted to. There's nothing really odd about suspecting Kamina, hell, I've been keeping my eye on him too, but to do only that and not have anything to say about anything else going on, well, that could either be Town being really useless, or Dopp not wanting to get caught in a lie.

MysteriousBluePuppet, it's great that you're back and active and posting and everything, but you're coming off as such a cloudcuckoolander to me. I'm having trouble following your points. I'll reread them and see if I can do better, but right now, I don't know what or what not to think about you at all.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 01, 2010, 12:58:01 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail
KaminaSquirtle: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Ottofar, Dariush
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Zathras
Ottofar: JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Toaster
Dariush: Argembarger, KaminaSquirtle, webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There will be no more extensions for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 01, 2010, 01:00:10 pm »

Fine by me, i can be hard to understand (this being not my first language), and i probably sound weird. For my point, i could resume them at Kamina being scummy due to jumpyness, too muc emotionnal connection, and blatant try to buddy Zath. My point against Zath are weaker, mostly being based on the fact that is 'confirmation' is based on Kamina, and the weird kind of synergy they seem to be doing. Also, I'm still somewhat irked by Zath Vs Lurker from day 2 ( i admit i was amongst the condemned, but again the goal is to kill scum, not remove the lurkers.

Again, that's why i would like Kamina to hang. If he flip dopp, its not looking too good for Zath. Flips town ? Sad thing to lose a townie, but he aint doing much right now but switching votes or buddying anyway. and we got a pretty certain exterminator Mish cornered.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 01, 2010, 01:07:26 pm »

If I understand the situation correctly, Zathras has proven himself to be a psychic warden, but not necessarily town.
Well, maybe he is dopp. Regardless, I voted for Web because of it, saw Karmina changing his vote to me because of it and went for him.
You're voting Web mostly because his theory contradicts your theory. Except his theory tries to avoid WIFOM, where your theory jumps right in with it. I think I like the theory with less WIFOM, myself.
Ahem. WIFOM is 'Wine In Front Of Me' and refers to the infinite possibility of "maybe he thought that I'd think that he thought that I'd think...", right?
His theory just straight-out accuses me/Mish of being exterminator for sole reason that he was unavailible for one night AND that there was no killing that night. Yes, possibility of actual exterminator not killing that night is WIFOMy, but it can't be just straight-out ignored. So basically his argument boils down to "my opponent is exterminator and he can't argue with it because he would be suspected of WIFOM". That's just... I don't know. I simply can't describe it. It's just unfair.

Wait-wait-wait, WHAT?

1. Probably because everybody in this game would like to see the Exterminator dead. The Exterminator is sought by town and dopp alike, so waiting around and not killing anyone is a pretty bad idea.
2. Your vote on Webadict was indeed not OMGUS. Your vote on Kamina was very OMGUS.
3. Because if you show two different people a blue duck, they're going to say it's a blue duck.
1. Is it better to just lynch a random townie just because of a random coincidence, who may additionally have some useful role than not kill anyone?
2. It wasn't. I voted for Web -> Karmina voted for me -> I guessed that Karmina was covering Web and that they are on the same team, which can only be dopps -> I voted for Karmina. Not that I'm bandwagoning, but I can only quote Ottofar and MBP on the subject that Karmina is thoroughly behind Web, which can only be either because a) Karmina is pro-town and somehow knows that Web is also pro-town (which is insanely impossible occurence in itself), that Ottofar and MBP are scum and I've voted for the wrong people or b) Karmina and Web are both scum (which seems to be right)
3. If you show two people a blue duck, they won't identically describe the chemical composition of paint on it and the properties of rubber from which it's made.

tl;dr:
1) What are accusations against me except Mish not being availible last night?
2) Why is everyone except Ottofar and MBP ignoring the reasons/consequences for the bond between Karmina and Web?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 01, 2010, 01:10:54 pm »

No Extensions? Come on! I'm at work right now!

How about waiting until like at least 6 your time? My schedule kinda sucks. It'll give me at least an hour more to make a better case against Dariush.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 01, 2010, 01:18:29 pm »

That being said, webadict has pointed that his suspicions swing between him and me, so I would say he must be the one who framed Mish if my first guess is correct.
@Kamina:
So, being logical doesn't work with you. Well then, where did you get the whole idea that I am Exterminator with the exception of coincidental absence of Mish in the night? If you call logic WIFOM, there's no way to prove I'm not exterminator, SS or a dinosaur for that matter. You are just hellbent on lynching me, which confirms my earlier suspicions on you being in team with webadict (similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes, etc.).

Two OMGUSes right after each other was not the right way to begin defending yourself.

So you think webadict is the Exterminator because of stupid reasons. Do you have any other suspicions? Who do you think are doppelgangers?

I guess Toaster beat me to this question, but it's still important to know.

In the meantime, unvote and Dariush.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 01, 2010, 01:21:06 pm »

Well, extend,

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:15 pm »

Two OMGUSes right after each other was not the right way to begin defending yourself.
Once again - I've lost count of how many times I pointed out the logic behind my votes, which are not OMGUS in any way.
So you think webadict is the Exterminator because of stupid reasons. Do you have any other suspicions? Who do you think are doppelgangers?
So, the reason that Web has a pretty good setup to frame me/Mish for exterminator is stupid while the coincidence (how many times have I pinpointed the idiocy of it... uh, I don't even know) of lack of kill is not stupid? Greeeat.
That being said, I'm not sure that Webadict is exterminator, I'm just sure he's scum and that Karmina, backuping him, is another one.

Seriously, it looks like people are simply ignoring my questions and statements.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 01, 2010, 01:54:03 pm »

I don't give a flying rat's ass what you think of webadict or KaminaSquirtle or anything related to the Exterminator.

So why don't you quit ignoring questions and tell me what your other suspicions are. If you don't have any, and if they're not good, I'm perfectly fine letting you hang.

Well, extend,

I don't think we can. We've already had two.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 01, 2010, 02:04:05 pm »

Other suspicions? I already gave two, with perfectly valid explanations about why I picked them. Do you expect me to start sputtering accusations like a witch under torture? And even if I will accuse someone else, it's going to be someone of those who posted something game-related since I replaced Mish, and the only ones who did voted for me, thus if I vote for them, I'll get another cry of OMGUS accusations. Thanks, I'll roll with Web and Karmina.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement requested
« Reply #749 on: December 01, 2010, 02:14:48 pm »

Observant Guards only tell the name of the attacker to the person they were guarding. All players being guarded will receive a message if they would have been attacked. It's an extra feature in this game. [...] Except for one small fact. The player who's protected gets a message. I have gotten them enough times to know this. (What can I say? I'm popular.) Sooo... that means if I was the Exterminator, I'd be taking one heck of a chance.

This goes against my reading of the roles, but I've not seen guardians in action before and Meph has confirmed it, so I stand corrected. It does seem that the remaining possibilities are the Exty not acting due to absence, or a dopp guardian is about and obviously quiet. There doesn't seem to be a good reason for the exty to choose not to act, without indulging deeply in WIFOM.

Dariush, thank you for coming in and volunteering to replace, it's sad that you got caught in a bad situation, but it seems that the safer choice for town is to lynch you now; your defence hasn't really helped or stood up to scrutiny. Hopefully you are the exterminator, or there'll be a lot of people with egg on their face. It must have been the shortest replacement in history. If you flip town, then I think either the dopp guardian theory has real merit, and probably MBP will be who will pay for it, or it was Webadict spewing WIFOM and forging a case around you to save his ass after all. We'll see.

Quote from: webadict
Or will you just keeping pushing the point until I'm dead and prove I'm Town? Because, really, it's getting a little old. [...] I felt a little bad about my prior absence. I tried to make up just a little.

Dude, I was onto you because you were scummy and you weren't playing your town game. You have changed that and are playing your town game, so I'm no longer on your case. You still smell scummy, but nowhere as badly as before, so I'll see how the night pans out and where that leaves us tomorrow.

Quote from: lemon-sucking-webadict
Zathras can suck some lemons.
Bite me.

Other than the Dariush lynch, I'd like to hear who people's top scumpicks are, in brief. Hopefully we lynch scum today, but if not we are dangerously approaching lylo, and there's plenty of scum out there. My current other picks, in descending order: Ottofar, Toaster, Kamina, Webadict. I'm mostly off web's case for now, but it will really depend on how the lynch and night go; my earlier suspicions of JTF were mostly circumstantial or based on my misunderstandings, so I've backed off those too (though I still think his killing Org was ill-advised and maybe scummy); Ottofar is very scummy; Toaster less so, mostly meta-based, but has a scummy way of interjecting without deeply committing, which is consistent with his scum game; Kamina seems to me jumpy rather than scummy, but yeah, lay off the buddying with whoever seems to have a workable argument.

So, everyone else, before the day ends please state your top picks for the record. A thought or two next to each would be greatly appreciated.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 66