Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 242187 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2010, 07:58:31 pm »

Far be it from me to question the mighty warrior webadict with his shining armor and holy sword +5, but what are you trying to get out of Toaster?

He's not concerned about your vote at all and you didn't ask him any questions, so he pretty much has no reason to respond to you.
This is why I worship Allknowia, the All-Knowing God of Knowing All. I get the +4 on all Knowing checks.

Okay, whatever. You can go do your own thing. If being useless and unhelpful works for you more power to you, bro.
Would you rather I rage at the machine and waste some lynches? No. Let's save that for when I have evidence.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2010, 08:01:53 pm »

Why?

"Well hey SHAD0Wdump is looking, acting, and talking like scum... Instead I'll say Leafsnail is scummy... then vote the same person he's voting for?"

He was incredibly scummy, just dumb as hell at the time. Why am I not allowed to vote for a person because another person that is voting them seems dumb/scummy?

Far be it from me to question the mighty warrior webadict with his shining armor and holy sword +5, but what are you trying to get out of Toaster?

He's not concerned about your vote at all and you didn't ask him any questions, so he pretty much has no reason to respond to you.
This is why I worship Allknowia, the All-Knowing God of Knowing All. I get the +4 on all Knowing checks.

Okay, whatever. You can go do your own thing. If being useless and unhelpful works for you more power to you, bro.
Would you rather I rage at the machine and waste some lynches? No. Let's save that for when I have evidence.
The thing is, you need to do something to get that evidence. Obviously you plan on others handing it to you. But what the hell man? Why not do out and find some for yourself.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2010, 08:02:56 pm »

Why?

"Well hey SHAD0Wdump is looking, acting, and talking like scum... Instead I'll say Leafsnail is scummy... then vote the same person he's voting for?"

He was incredibly scummy

Was not, sorry.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »

Hm. Yeah, So my top three scum are

Janus, Kamina, and Shadow. I think Kamina is it, so there.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2010, 08:11:34 pm »

Save for drawing out those overeager to pounce on opening questions, Janus.
Do you really believe that this is indicative of scumminess? For me in particular? I do the same thing in every game I'm in.
Vague attacks and an urge to appear active are indicative of scumminess in anyone.
True. But I thought the point was the overeagerness to attack opening questions. And I think that my general attitude on lurkers would explain any want to be active.

Eh, bored, I'll continue catching up later.
Is it later yet? The game is still moving fast enough that lurking is too easy to miss.

While I'm dragging up a few older posts, I feel like pointing out I would of voted SHAD0Wdump yesterday, but I really want to give a Zoologist a chance to grab him first. I still do.
Why did you feel the need to phrase this this way? It looks like you're being defensive for something you haven't been accused of. 

I do agree that on first look a Zoologist would certaintly pick up SHAD0Wdump, but on second loop there's all sorts of ways that could go wrong. Prime target for a Reporter, plasma bomb, night kill, prolly a few other things.

If you were only calling for an Org policy lynch to get the conversation started, why did you spend nearly all of your time bickering with Org instead of actually talking to any of the other people talking about the Org policy lynch you suggested?
Because he was there. And I did somewhat, although you are quite correct that I could have done more. Not going to work in another game though, so meh?

And I also wanted to get him talking. He can actually rarely be surprisingly deep if he actually bothers to play. Which he hasn't since then... ORG, where'd you go again?

Pre-post edit:

Hm. Yeah, So my top three scum are

Janus, Kamina, and Shadow. I think Kamina is it, so there.
Oh. There. Shiny.

I can guess why you'd pick me and the others have lots of suspcion on them so far, so that's reasonable enough. Why Kamina first in particular? Any why no vote? (I don't remember who / if you're voting).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2010, 08:13:26 pm »

I am already voting Kamina, no need to change.
He was very wishy washy, followed by I give up, and a few other things I said earlier and have no deisre to draw bakc out since they have already been said, you should know this from reading this thread.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2010, 08:19:00 pm »

He was very wishy washy, followed by I give up, and a few other things I said earlier and have no deisre to draw bakc out since they have already been said, you should know this from reading this thread.
A *lot* of things have been said in this thread. Including basically an about face from Kamina since everything you've brought up.  So do you have anything new or any thoughts about his behavior since you voted him?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2010, 08:27:07 pm »

Not much, Im still reading.
Here is my thinking of Shadow, though. Distracting us to lynch him, maybe Spore Spreader, HOWEVER, possibly trying to get us off buddy SQuirtle
Maybe, just a line of thought I had

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2010, 08:31:28 pm »

Here is my thinking of Shadow, though. Distracting us to lynch him, maybe Spore Spreader, HOWEVER, possibly trying to get us off buddy SQuirtle
Just don't wander off... :)

The idea of him running a smoke screen is an interesting idea, but I don't think that they would.  The only reason that would make sense is if they're both scum and Kamina has a *much* more powerful role that they need tonight and they panicked.  Otherwise, they're wasting one to save another.  It's possible, I just don't think it's that likely.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2010, 08:32:39 pm »

Eh, if they thought he could get away with not catching a lynch with a SS claim, I would not put it past them.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2010, 09:41:12 pm »

Buncha stuff.
Yes, these have been pointed out.  I'll remove my vote when I've seen more original contributions, rather than just attacking an me, an easy target.
So there's no chance you're wrong AT ALL?  Not willing to change your mind when new evidence of scum appears is scummy.
Got a one track mind, huh?  Great tunneling.
A *lot* of things have been said in this thread. Including basically an about face from Kamina since everything you've brought up.  So do you have anything new or any thoughts about his behavior since you voted him?
Just don't wander off... :)

The idea of him running a smoke screen is an interesting idea, but I don't think that they would.  The only reason that would make sense is if they're both scum and Kamina has a *much* more powerful role that they need tonight and they panicked.  Otherwise, they're wasting one to save another.  It's possible, I just don't think it's that likely.
Why are you buddying me?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 10, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »

Web:  You appear to be dancing around the point of asking me why I'm voting Shadow, so let me summarize for you.

His behavior has gone beyond scummy, on past intentionally scummy, way out into "so intentionally scummy that I must not be scum at all!"  He's scum trying to pull off Refuge in Audacity, and I'm calling him on it.  Once he several votes, he tried to back down off it and try "Sorry about that, I'm being helpful now, see?"  Clear sign of RiA scum getting caught in the act and trying to back down off it.

Kamina earns the #2 spot for buddying and parroting me, which you can see in the links.

Also, attempts to proclaim himself an "easy target" is just an appeal to emotion- trying to hide behind being new to avoid a lynch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 10, 2010, 10:16:02 pm »

Also, attempts to proclaim himself an "easy target" is just an appeal to emotion- trying to hide behind being new to avoid a lynch.
That isn't what I meant at all.  All Leaf did was point out some obvious reasons for me looking scummy, and nothing really else.  My point was to call him out on that.  He may have been restricting himself to pointing out the obvious to appear helpful while not really doing anything.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2010, 10:40:37 pm »

Very active thread! I'll catch up shortly, but I'll first address this pending question for me:

Who are your top scumpicks at the moment? I get the sense you don't have any strong suspicions so far.

That is correct. There has been too much going on, and I feel the lurkers are being given a free pass thanks to the traffic. I have a new tool that may help with that, but I'll add that later. As for actual scummitude, I'm right now looking at Leafsnail & Criptfeind (for being mostly useless), webadict (cryptic and unhelpful), Shadowdump (obvious reasons, but probably not worth a lynch) and Ottofar (lurking). But yes, none of these are strong just yet, and I have a lot of catching up to do.

How about you? Who are your top so far, and how strongly do you feel about them?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 10, 2010, 11:02:56 pm »

If doing nothing to get that evidence works out for you then who cares what I think.

You got this, bro. You got this.

Why are you buddying me?

Calm down. Just because somebody says you're acting like town doesn't mean they're buddying you.

It's a difficult judgment to make to say when people are buddying. Usually it's noticeable and intentional, it feels forced, or it's uncalled for, or it's completely unnecessary.

Do you think JTF is trying to get on your good side here by saying your actions look like town? That's usually the question you need to ask.

How about you? Who are your top so far, and how strongly do you feel about them?

Things haven't changed much since you asked me this last night. I'm voting SHADOWdump. That's the only real change. I'm still watching Squirtle Squirtle Squirtle. MBP is lurking up a storm and not answering questions posed to him (so are a bunch of other people but other people are working at them).

MOD: prods have to be requested for you to send them out, right? I'd like one for Mysteriousbluepuppet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66