Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Aimed shots in the coming update?  (Read 5449 times)

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aimed shots in the coming update?
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2010, 06:53:42 am »

Can't wait for someone to mod in skeletal narwhals with laser guided aim.  :o
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 10:24:57 am »

I wonder how skills factor into this aimed shot thing. Is it just a matter of weapon skill or is the fighter and striking skill mixed in? Will weapon masters have significantly higher hit chance?

I'm also curious what the new wrestling format is like and if that effects these hit things as well. After all, if I'm holding someone by the arm you'd think it would be easier to chop that arm off since it's not waving around.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:45 am »

I wonder how skills factor into this aimed shot thing. Is it just a matter of weapon skill or is the fighter and striking skill mixed in? Will weapon masters have significantly higher hit chance?

I'm also curious what the new wrestling format is like and if that effects these hit things as well. After all, if I'm holding someone by the arm you'd think it would be easier to chop that arm off since it's not waving around.
I hope to see it today, because if Toady won't meet the deadline, my brother shall explode inside a hospital.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 10:31:24 am »

I hope to see it today, because if Toady won't meet the deadline, my brother shall explode inside a hospital.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2010, 10:33:26 am »

You haven't seen my thread, did you?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:38 am »

You haven't seen my thread, did you?
I have, My request still stands.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:38:40 am by piecewise »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 10:43:19 am »

Well for the aimed shot questions (and some related stuff) we should get a WoT in the FotF thread any minute now since toady answers questions there regulary.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 11:36:06 am »

Well, seeing how both of those factoring into doing everything else with a given melee weapon, I don't see why this wouldn't.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 12:29:29 pm »

Sweet. I'd like to try shooting off someone's left lower back tooth with an arrow...from several tiles away...while also a few z levels up...with an injured arm & eye...while winded, drowsy, hungry & thirsty...
Pretty sure that would be rather hard, considering the numbers involved.

I'm not even sure if arrows are included in the aimed shot thing, since they're effected by physics and all sorts of other crap.
Million to one chance... Should work ( (C) Terry Pratchett, "Guards! Guards!" , awesome book btw).

Memorably invoked in the Discworld novel Guards, Guards, where the Watch try to make the odds exactly a million to one by use of a blindfold, rope and so on — but end up with one to nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine-hundred ninety-nine to one chance, which isn't improbable enough. Though minutes later they survive an explosion because, the narrative hints, their chances of surviving it were exactly a million to one.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]