Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stripping Goblins of their weapons before throwing the goblin cages into lava?  (Read 4572 times)

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[see: subject]

Is there some way to do it? I captured almost every single member of the past few sieges, and I'd hate to just toss them to Armok without stealing their legendary Goblinite whips first.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep in mind that the Goblins are all in cages, if that wasn't obvious enough, and also that they're all just sitting in my stockpile right now.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes there is, but...

you will need to disable your lava garbage zone and set a new garbage zone for the weapons to go to.

Use the [d]esignation menu: d-b-d and use that on the cage the goblin is in.
Loo[k] at the cage and remove the dump designation from it.

your dwarfs will now dump all the goblin's gear in the closest garbage zone, from which you can now reclaim it. (you did make a second garbage zone and disable the one over the lava, right?)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes there is, but...

you will need to disable your lava garbage zone and set a new garbage zone for the weapons to go to.

your dwarfs will now dump all the goblin's gear in the closest garbage zone, from which you can now reclaim it. (you did make a second garbage zone and disable the one over the lava, right?)

Uhh, does this apply to built cages or stockpiled goblin cages? Because all of mine are stockpiled right now and whenever I remove the dump designation from the cages, the dwarfs don't go get the wepaons.

Do I need to build the cages first?

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you designate a garbage dump zone (not a refuse stockpile)?

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You will often need to [c]laim the weapons with d-b(-c).
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile

yes there is, but...

Uhh, does this apply to built cages or stockpiled goblin cages? Because all of mine are stockpiled right now and whenever I remove the dump designation from the cages, the dwarfs don't go get the wepaons.

Do I need to build the cages first?

I'd like to ask the same question, as I never succeeded in stripping the goblins of their goblinite on stockpiles. I believe you need to get them into a built cage, but I'd still like a clarification.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you designate a garbage dump zone (not a refuse stockpile)?

Hmm, I just got it working.

For some reason the dwarfs won't do it en-masse...just one cage at a time. Odd.

lastrix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh man, you're too vile and cruel!!! thats not dwarfy!!!!

goblins are best practice for your marksdorfs, since you may build 2z level complex where you'll throw goblins, after that your marksdorfs would rapidly get their legendary marks and archery!

You're too cruel throwing such precious dolls into magma.
And if you won't need their shit, just build an magma-channels to fill 1z-level of complex by lava, so any shit would dissappear, after that you may just remove that magma somewhere.

Code: [Select]
0z
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXX++ -> to magma-freeing
XXXXX

1z
XXXXX
X++XX
X++..   <- drawbridge here (magma-safe)
XXXXX

2z

*..XXX
*..XFX
**XXX

X - wall
F - something magma-stopping
* - fortification
. - open space
+ - floor
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:53:00 am by lastrix »

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile

That's the thing. I want their stuff, since it sells well and can be melted down into fresh iron ore for my own dwarves. Also, lashes.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

Invader equipment is always forbidden when it enters the map, for some reason; thus, when you want to dump it, you need to reclaim it as well.
The mass-dump method works whether the cages are built or stockpiled, but in both cases you'll need to remember to undump the cages themselves (especially if they're stockpiled - if they're built, they'll just get dumped once you deconstruct them).

In 0.31, though, I generally prefer to just dump the weapons through Z-Stocks so that they last a bit longer as live target practice.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

That's the thing. I want their stuff, since it sells well and can be melted down into fresh iron ore for my own dwarves. Also, lashes.

Iron won't melt in magma though, so you should be safe just dumping them wholesale. Their clothes and trophies will melt, but the armor and weapons won't.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile

Iron won't melt in magma though, so you should be safe just dumping them wholesale. Their clothes and trophies will melt, but the armor and weapons won't.

I want all of their stuff. ALL OF EET!! And their bones too.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

definitely dump the stuff through the stocks menu. If you haven't used mass hide on strange things you can hide over your cage stockpile and get a nice visible blue H next to any goblin equipment, just in case you happen to have bins of the stuff sitting around but don't want your haulers wasting time moving that.

Then obviously unhide the cages when you're done in the stocks menu.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

I want all of their stuff. ALL OF EET!! And their bones too.

Try drowning them instead of using magma, then.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: [1] 2