Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corpses of Intelligent Enemies  (Read 422 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Corpses of Intelligent Enemies
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:28:32 pm »

In older versions, corpses would turn into skull and bones pretty quickly.  The wiki says that they still do that over a period of years, but I'm not seeing it.  I've left an elf merchant skeleton outside for about ten years now, and it's still holding together.

Dwarves won't butcher the corpses of intelligent enemies, presumably over something similar to cannibalism.  So I have many dozens, maybe a few hundred, skeletons of intelligent enemies in a pit.  I can't butcher them.  It seems unlikely that they'll ever turn into bones.  Is there some trick to make something useful out of them, or should I just atom-smash them?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Corpses of Intelligent Enemies
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:52:55 pm »

Skeletons will not turn to bones without being butchered, and even if they did, you would be unable to use them without changing dwarven ethics.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:56:32 pm »

You can always just line the entrance of your fortress with their skeletons. Imagine how scary that would be for visitors.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:18:46 pm »

just atom smash those.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 02:35:59 pm »

You can always just line the entrance of your fortress with their skeletons. Imagine how scary that would be for visitors.

I do that with decorated skulls.  Seems more festive.