Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 272832 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #1185 on: October 31, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »

The Frilly Bust: Natural Or Supernatural -- Book about a group or site. Probably an erotic novel.
This sounds like you're playing the Succubus mod.
Just vanilla. I like to think it's about a goddess of lust, dance, and hospitality taking the form of a dwarf.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 01, 2016, 08:05:02 am »

Pantomimes: Nobody Can Say -- A poem about no particular subject, in a poetic form that consists entirely of its subject. *shrug* umm... uhh... *shrugs again* *performance concludes* *polite applause*
This is some SCP-055 tier shit right here.

More Mantis Man -- Book about a mantis woman leaving on a journey.
What can I say, can't blame a mantis girl for being a playa

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 05, 2016, 06:43:57 pm »

Shorast Asteberib, Baron Consort of Systemracks is visiting.

Hey, Shorast, I used to work at Systemracks! Do you work at the colocation facility or corporate? Are you here to check out our new minecart logic units? Want to see our new aquifer based fire suppression system?

Working at a data center, I found this name way funnier than it should be.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 07, 2016, 05:32:21 am »

The distracting rainy point, a mountain.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 24, 2016, 04:14:59 am »

A Dorf civilisation called The Fiery Page..... which got a whole lot funnier when I had an accidental wildfire go through the damn fort. Although it was probably caused by the usual !!sock!! -> !!beer!! -> !!kitten!! -> !!cheese!! -> !!trees!! cycle, I like to think that it started in a !!bookcase!! somewhere....

Right now I'm in the civilisation The Torches of Cobalt. Blue lights are just cooler, y'know? And less likely to cause !!mayhem!!
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 25, 2016, 01:16:10 am »

An embarking group named "The Scalded Balls" founded "Craftproblems"...

Next to a volcano.  I suppose we know why there is scalding going on.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:24:32 am by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 25, 2016, 02:17:45 am »

A hillocks called attickillers. It's probably a good thing hillocks dont come with attics.

And another hillocks called chambersuck. It's not a great place to live.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:41:45 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 26, 2016, 02:03:15 pm »

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 26, 2016, 05:53:06 pm »

My current fort is called Tombtalks.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 27, 2016, 04:55:19 pm »

The Frilly Bust: Natural Or Supernatural -- Book about a group or site. Probably an erotic novel.
This sounds like you're playing the Succubus mod.
My current fort is called Tombtalks.

...So, how about those vampires then?
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 28, 2016, 02:07:22 am »

You know, legends mode can point out loads of vampires in every world I've genned, but I don't think I've seen one in fort mode for well over six months. I hunted one down and killed them for a hearth person quest though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dan Duncombe

• Bay Watcher
  • DwarfCorp, Established Since 24!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 01, 2016, 06:49:23 am »

I've had a mead hall called 'The Lyrics of Squirting'. I had another mead hall called 'The Passionate Virginity'. A tavern called 'The Devourer of Dumplings'. A mead hall called 'The Depth of Squirting'. A keep called 'The Tower of Controllers'. At one point the Frilly Confederation constructed 'The Festive Crypt'. A tavern called 'Cinnamon Buttery-Meal'. A market called 'The Pumpkin of Smashing'. A legendary slab called 'The Pregnant Lie'. A mead hall called 'The Virginal Paint'. A dark pit called 'Greatestnightmares'. A hamlet called 'Hotbrides'. A fortress called 'Urgebusts'. The list goes on...

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 10, 2016, 02:18:07 pm »

Just now had a squad called "The Creative Attacks" They don't have any weapons since they were made just to kill an errant helmet snake and kobold thief.

also the baroness for my civ is someone palanceleaders.

The dwarven god of disciplined is called The Absolute Princess. Depicted as a male dwarf. Wow its like his own name insults him!

Appropriate names.

The siege that destroyed the fort they were in had a goblin who killed off multiple dwarves with his iron scourge who was given the title the wise executions.

The same goblins who wiped out my fort also attacked the fleshy trumpets, a group that belong to a civ known as the awe inspiring tool. Someones proud of their size. They also founded a place known as boltlarge.

Also another place name: Budblaze. 420 yo.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:11:26 am by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Wen Ligeng

• Escaped Lunatic
  • You remove the +«☼frill shark leather thong☼»+.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 11, 2016, 04:55:39 pm »

Almost every single one of my dwarf civs is questionably named.
The dwarves are apparently into some pretty rough stuff.

I later started up an adventurer and realized I hailed from a fort named "Largebusts", so I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Depressed vampires can be cheered up by socializing through glass windows.

The crystal glass vampire observation booth and adjacent necro-numismatics chamber have been designated a tavern. She is somewhat less depressed to have socialized, performed, and told stories. Come one, come all, see the amazing vampire story-teller!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #1199 on: December 12, 2016, 12:29:07 pm »

The dwarven god of disciplined is called The Absolute Princess. Depicted as a male dwarf. Wow its like his own name insults him!
Wow.

A Dorf civilisation called The Fiery Page..... which got a whole lot funnier when I had an accidental wildfire go through the damn fort. Although it was probably caused by the usual !!sock!! -> !!beer!! -> !!kitten!! -> !!cheese!! -> !!trees!! cycle, I like to think that it started in a !!bookcase!! somewhere....
That's a thing? Oh dear... I need to make some ponds then. Will the dwarves try to extinguish themselves if they are on fire?
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93