Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 272759 times)

Suspense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2012, 07:33:03 pm »

Genned a world with a pony mod. The mod turns all the dwarf language names into English, but keeps the vocabulary from the Dwarvish dictionary.

Here are some selected highlights from the first few years of my pony civilization.

I think I may have won.

I will contend your claim to victory, as mine has no mods (beyond the graphics pack.)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »

I'm really regretting that WATER sphere right now.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »

Genned a world with a pony mod. The mod turns all the dwarf language names into English, but keeps the vocabulary from the Dwarvish dictionary.

Here are some selected highlights from the first few years of my pony civilization.

I think I may have won.

Save?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »

A goblin civ called the "Poisons of Washing".
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2012, 04:08:29 am »

An ocean called The Gulf of Oil.

Bonus points. It was an ocean WITH AN AQUIFER.

Besides the hillarious redundancy, they tried to dig the oil well. ;)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:52 am »

I have a few oddly-named organisations. For example, 'The Boats of Liberation' (sailing refugees?) And my personal favourite, 'The Machine of Portals'. GLaDOS is in my world!

Also, some artefacts: Goreddispersed (presumably, what happens to a dwarf caught out when trolls attack), Vandaljade the Muscle of Stroking (no. Just... no.) and Sparklebitten the Brilliance of Sects (please tell me that has nothing to do with Twilight.)
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2012, 11:21:26 am »

Two FBs with excellent names showed up at my current fort. "Gakit the God-forsaken Ruthlessness" and "Rethi Minedburied the Deep Shaft".
One of my military dwarves also named his steel short sword "Virginsieges the Shank of Tragedies". 23 kills so far, mostly goblins.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2012, 12:25:52 pm »

Is it just me? Or does "the desert of woods "not make much sense? Lol
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2012, 07:19:32 pm »

One of my first fortresses was named "Floorconfused".

Sadly, it fell due to a mix of incompetence and inexperience, and a reclaim proved troublesome, so I never got around to actually making the floors be confusing.
stockpile: git based installation management.
Dwarf Fortress for Fedora: Packages of DF and friends for Fedora Linux.
« Reply #294 on: December 04, 2012, 04:07:36 am »

I just made a new world and was choosing my starting civ, and noticed the last one in the list:

The Emerald City.

I wonder if their roads are made of yellow brick and they are led by a great Wizard.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 04, 2012, 05:45:13 am »

my last forts random name was "Labourrights" not veary fitting as it was on a terrifying volcanic glacier

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2012, 06:44:20 am »

my last forts random name was "Labourrights" not veary fitting as it was on a terrifying volcanic glacier
"You have the right lo labor. You have the right to remain silent."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2012, 07:21:34 am »

LOL how dwarfy
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2012, 11:51:40 am »

Browsing around some of the carvings in my latest fortress, I found the group name to be particularly cool / foreboding:

But then:

God damn it.
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 11, 2012, 03:19:51 pm »

My last fort was named honorboulders.
If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 93