Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 93

Author Topic: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation  (Read 273802 times)

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Civ/Dwarf/Fortress/other Names Compilation
« Reply #645 on: February 03, 2014, 02:50:03 pm »

You've got one very unrelated name next to two very sensible names, one moderately logical name (rain comes out of the sky usually) and several plain ones. That means you're lucky.

Not really. For a god to mention a valid domain four flippin' times in his own name, and yet not have power over that domain, is bad enough. But when that domain is then picked up by some other god in the same pantheon, that's just rubbing the first god's nose in it.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 03, 2014, 11:17:47 pm »

In a completely unrelated fort, I once had a dwarf whose name was Mechanism Mechanismmechanism. He was a cook.

Heh, reminds me of a terrrible d&d joke that would be hilarious to re-create in masterwork: Gnomy, McGnome the Gnomiest Gnome the half-Orc barbarian....
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 04, 2014, 01:25:13 am »

Heh, reminds me of a terrrible d&d joke that would be hilarious to re-create in masterwork: Gnomy, McGnome the Gnomiest Gnome the half-Orc barbarian....

You had me going there, until I got to the half-orc part. Pretty funny.

Somewhat related, I found a book named "The Book of the Book in the Book." Yeah.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 04, 2014, 01:35:03 am »

Yeah. the only character concept that was deemed more ridiculous was a gold plated dorf... Of course I think someone's done an artifact set of gold plate armour....
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 04, 2014, 12:02:07 pm »

Somewhat related, I found a book named "The Book of the Book in the Book." Yeah.
Quote from: Someone whose name escapes me
More Book
I am now expecting him to write "Bookiest Book".
It has begun. The BOOKCEPTION will reign!
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 04, 2014, 01:16:45 pm »

Speaking of books, a goblin necromancer named Olo in one of my worlds once wrote "The book: my greatest mistake", bound in peach-faced lovebird bone. It was a 231 page commentary on "The book: my greatest mistake", a 231 page commentary on "The book: my greatest mistake", a 231 page commentary on, well, you can guess what. The writing was as vicious as it can be.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 04, 2014, 01:20:05 pm »

Speaking of books, a goblin necromancer named Olo in one of my worlds once wrote "The book: my greatest mistake", bound in peach-faced lovebird bone. It was a 231 page commentary on "The book: my greatest mistake", a 231 page commentary on "The book: my greatest mistake", a 231 page commentary on, well, you can guess what. The writing was as vicious as it can be.
So essentially he went insane and starting writing commentception books with his undead friends.
Nice to know.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 04, 2014, 01:48:26 pm »

So essentially he went insane and starting writing commentception books with his undead friends.
Nice to know.
He also later wrote "Zombies and the world", a very humorous 17-page essay on the secrets of life and death and about 35 different books about himself.

Speaking of hilarious artefact names, I once had a legendary brass mace called "Gentleparrot the destroyer of anuses", which was studded with various gems and encircled with dog leather.

EDIT: I also once forced a bone carver into a fell mood so that he would make my baron into something useful. The result was a dwarf bone figurine of moon snails called "cat".
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:57:08 pm by Knit tie »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 04, 2014, 01:57:37 pm »

That sounds like an essay I'd probably write. Oh, and that weapon has to have some kind of history to tag along with it.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 05, 2014, 06:45:26 am »

I also once forced a bone carver into a fell mood so that he would make my baron into something useful.

I'll be in the corner quietly expiring of laughter if you need me.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 05, 2014, 05:34:31 pm »

I don't even want to know how my expedition leader got the name "Ducim Incestuouspumpkin."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 05, 2014, 08:50:41 pm »

A book called "The Sinewy Fight of the Vampire Lord", a 444 page chronicle written by Egu. It concerns the vampire lord Upimi Acewill the Awe-Inspiring Violence. The writing is reasonably serious yet has a hint of viciousness to it.

Another good one is "The Horse Monster and the Revolting Plot".
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #657 on: February 06, 2014, 10:57:49 am »

You've got one very unrelated name next to two very sensible names, one moderately logical name (rain comes out of the sky usually) and several plain ones. That means you're lucky.

Also, I would quite definitely buy "Are you blazing?" if it existed in real life. Of course, it would also have to mean blazing as in fire, rather than anger.

Bro, do you even blaze?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 06, 2014, 03:22:13 pm »

A book called "The Sinewy Fight of the Vampire Lord", a 444 page chronicle written by Egu. It concerns the vampire lord Upimi Acewill the Awe-Inspiring Violence. The writing is reasonably serious yet has a hint of viciousness to it.
Sounds like the dwarven book version of Hellsing Ultimate. I'd read it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 08, 2014, 07:01:21 pm »

"The Oily Cult was a dwarven religion of the Universe of Typhoons centered around the worship of Etur Oiledcrest, a eagle goddess of the mountains."

Oily Cult, eh? Wonder what their religious practices are, wink wink nudge nudge.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 93