Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about certain game types...  (Read 583 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Questions about certain game types...
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:05:04 am »

First, has anyone ever played a Spore Game? (specifically, one in that particular format)? How would the response to that be around here?

Second, has anyone played Doodle God before? If so, would you be interested in a game with a similar, but slightly more story-oriented premise?
くコ:彡

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about certain game types...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:25:03 am »

Are you going to start a Forum Game in this thread, or is this something that should be put into General Discussion?

[EDIT]
I didn't mean for that to sound as rude as it does, I'm just asking because most games are made completely out of nowhere. I'm kind of taken aback at your politely asking for preferences, rather than just making the game in a fit of hysteria/insomnia.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:32:03 am by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:35:19 am »

I may make a Doodle God-esque game, but the last few Spore Games I've run... well, they kinda crashed and burned. I'm just asking because I don't want to run a game that's going to get five posts a week or something like that.
くコ:彡

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 01:47:20 am »

I've played Doodle God, and I can safely say that it wouldn't work as a forum game. Evolution games are hard to manage due to the obscene amount of organizing you have to do. Try something smaller first, then decide if you want to go back into the potentially endless, or continue with small games. Alternatively you could make a multiplayer text adventure, those are becoming increasingly popular.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 02:08:23 am »

I've seen many games based on Doodle God on different forums. Dunno how well they fared overall, as all were just starting when I read them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!