Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Function Loss: Heart  (Read 1805 times)

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Function Loss: Heart
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 06:47:50 am »

Edit: wrong topic.  :P
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 09:31:26 am »

Your blood runs low enough on oxygen to be useless in less than ten minutes. Something like a can of beer lasts in your body for more like an hour and if you drink two cans it adds up so you'll still have alcohol in you for two hours.

Dwarves obviously have on the order of several months to regenerate their liver but a regenerating heart would only be any good for minor heart attacks where there's no full loss of function anyway.

That's probably how it works underwater as well. Dwarves don't drown, they dilute! Too much water ingested causes fatally low quantities of alcohol in the liver and they slow down, sink to the bottom and eventually become sober and therefore dead.  8)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 01:41:31 am »

Your blood runs low enough on oxygen to be useless in less than ten minutes. Something like a can of beer lasts in your body for more like an hour and if you drink two cans it adds up so you'll still have alcohol in you for two hours.

Dwarves obviously have on the order of several months to regenerate their liver but a regenerating heart would only be any good for minor heart attacks where there's no full loss of function anyway.

That's probably how it works underwater as well. Dwarves don't drown, they dilute! Too much water ingested causes fatally low quantities of alcohol in the liver and they slow down, sink to the bottom and eventually become sober and therefore dead.  8)
However, very thirsty dwarves are forced to drink water. While they do this, their liver begins processing itself into a mixture of ethanol and a special chemical that rewrites their organs to human organs should their liver become reduced to >30% of its original size before re-introduced to alcohol.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 06:30:20 am »

And here I thought the most vital organ was the beard.
Pages: 1 [2]