Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rally To Restore Fear And/Or Sanity  (Read 1876 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Rally To Restore Fear And/Or Sanity
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 08:13:43 pm »

I think Wolfmen are a seriously ignored demographic in this country. They're strong supporters of the meat industry, small business barbers and veterinarians. Their howl needs to be heard in the political world.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 10:10:05 pm »

Wolfmen are not fully human and thus cannot be granted the right to vote. Next we'll be letting all manner of anthromorphic creatures vote, they'll be protesting for the right to marry humans, then marry catgirl-dogboy, and soon all of society descends into madness. MADNESS I SAY.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 10:13:53 pm »

Wolfmen are not fully human and thus cannot be granted the right to vote. Next we'll be letting all manner of anthromorphic creatures vote, they'll be protesting for the right to marry humans, then marry catgirl-dogboy, and soon all of society descends into madness. MADNESS I SAY.
SOCIETY WOULD CRUMBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEE

But in a good way.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 10:18:34 pm »

Wolfmen are not fully human

That depends entirely on how you define human.  Perhaps wolfmen possess all the qualities of humanness in addition to their wolflike qualities.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 10:20:14 pm »

Don't make me link my slightly insane argument that anything that can hypocritically insult you, shoot you and then steal your shit counts as human.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 10:20:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:04:19 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 10:29:26 pm »

Don't worry, everybody knows that once something becomes legal, everybody under the law becomes entirely eager to take advantage of their new freedom, regardless of their previous disposition. Remember that time women were allowed to vote? You'd think their husbands had stopped beating them!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »

Don't worry, everybody knows that once something becomes legal, everybody under the law becomes entirely eager to take advantage of their new freedom, regardless of their previous disposition. Remember that time women were allowed to vote? You'd think their husbands had stopped beating them!

Watch out for those slippery slopes.
Pages: 1 [2]