Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grey9 is writing yet another speech  (Read 928 times)

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
Grey9 is writing yet another speech
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:52:02 am »

so its not about a russian guy this time. I am doing an oratory which is a speech about what you would like to see change in the world, moralwise my initial topic was honesty, but 3 other people are doing honesty so I changed to sincerity. I think that I cant do particularly well with sincerity. I need to have a rough draft by monday

Any topic ideas, content suggestions, good examples?
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grey9 is writing yet another speech
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 06:56:04 am »

my initial topic was honesty, but 3 other people are doing honesty so I changed to sincerity.
Any topic ideas, content suggestions, good examples?
Trololol lolo lololo?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 07:03:29 am »

This baffled me somewhat as I don't remember you writing any other speeches. But hey, it's sincerity. Best thing you can do is bullshit it with a lot of pink fluffy meaningless tangents about the importance of sincerity. The best way to promote sincerity is by lying about it.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 08:47:17 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:20:20 am by Stany »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 08:51:18 am »

World peace, nuclear disarmament, the eradication of poverty...
Which are less-vague(but still vague) moral concept. Way to make an example.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 08:54:18 am »

If it's about what you'd like to see change in the world surely you have far more topics available than vague moral concepts? World peace, nuclear disarmament, the eradication of poverty... there are so many easier and better topics.

I dont want to be "that guy" but its supposed to be on vague moral concepts its like a persuasive speech on morales

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 10:33:29 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:57:35 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:00 am »

The only way to imperil the world more than giving every state nuclear weapons is to take away every nation's nuclear weapons. Hello World War III.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 02:02:36 pm »

The only way to imperil the world more than giving every state nuclear weapons is to take away every nation's nuclear weapons. Hello World War III.
Relevant: http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1852

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 02:06:24 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:59:04 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 02:32:01 pm »

Ever since I "got intimate" with a Chaffee tank I always wanted to make a WWIII FPS or wargame set in the 50's between the US and Russia across Europe and Japan, on the premise that the Manhattan project was never attempted. Kind of like World in Conflict, only using the classic G.I. Joe hardware.

Anyway, yeah. Sincerity. The current political circus probably gives you lots of insincere ads to disect.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 04:36:53 pm »

Anyway, yeah. Sincerity. The current political circus probably gives you lots of insincere ads to disect.
first helpful thing in a while thanks