Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creatures, Reactions, and [ITEMCORPSE]s  (Read 608 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Creatures, Reactions, and [ITEMCORPSE]s
« on: October 29, 2010, 10:19:36 pm »

Thi is two questions about how creatures reacts with reactions and the [ITEMCORPSE] token, and one that's more generally about [ITEMCORPSE]s.
1.) Can live creatures be the result or an ingredient in reactions? How about corpses?
2.) Can the [ITEMCORPSE] tag allow creatures to have their bodies become creatures, wheather "trapped" creatures, asteroids monsters, creatures with an artificially low maximum age to represent metamorphosis, or something else?
3.) Can the [ITEMCORPSE] tag be used multiple times, causing creatures to turn into multiple things on death?

Not being a big modder, these questions would be mostly of academic intrest to me...but if I could create an annoying little semi/megabeast that replicated endlessly or mechanical creatures that can be built by dwarves rabbits that "die" into dragons or bronze-collosus-like creatures that release the previously-bound goblin or whatever...I just might be interested enough to try!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures, Reactions, and [ITEMCORPSE]s
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:33:15 pm »

I don't really know anything about [ITEMCORPSE] so I can't help there but from what I understand you can only get vermin creatures from reactions. I think it would be interesting if you could get creatures to appear via their corpse though.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 11:11:49 pm »

Tested it just now, and multiple [ITEMCORPSE] tags don't work.  It just takes the last one.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:18:38 pm »

Tested it just now, and multiple [ITEMCORPSE] tags don't work.  It just takes the last one.
Aw, man...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 12:35:27 pm »

1) No. Maybe vermin.
2) No. Maybe vermin.
3) No, but you can make them drop an object that can be processed at a workshop with a custom reaction into a bunch of different items, or you can give a creature a bunch of castes and have each of them drop a different item.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.