Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kill Cyclops: Cannot Follow Order??  (Read 341 times)

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
Kill Cyclops: Cannot Follow Order??
« on: October 29, 2010, 07:05:55 pm »

I have two whole squads, some of the people in them very new migrants.

A cyclops has wandered onto the map. I set phasers to kill, but I have eight soldiers on "cannot follow order" and the other 12 are doing who knows what random stuff, even though they are all on-duty. I have tried taking them off and on duty, removing and resetting the order, etc. None of them are fighting the cyclops or even training.

She is sitting in my trade depot, waiting for the next person dumb enough to ignore the burrow settings. At this point I am waiting for the next caravan to show up. I looked through the forum search but the only "cannot follow orders" stuff I found was woodcutters and bowmen acting weird.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Cyclops: Cannot Follow Order??
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 07:11:51 pm »

If they won't move if you've set them to kill, move your soldiers next to it. They should auto-attack then.

Sometimes dwarves can be very stupid.
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
Re: Kill Cyclops: Cannot Follow Order??
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 07:16:52 pm »

The problem solved itself when she stepped on a cage trap, but thanks :D
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.