Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exiting the back door  (Read 1549 times)

Fancy Admiral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exiting the back door
« on: October 29, 2010, 11:36:19 am »

So my elven trading partners must be pretty embarrassed to have sold me a breeding pair of bears and a match to the Cougar they sold me last year for a bunch of mugs.  When they packed up and left, they headed downstairs... and out the cavern.  Didn't want to be seen, I guess.   ;D

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
Re: Exiting the back door
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 11:43:45 am »

They did the same thing to me a while ago.

I thought it was especially strange because the only cavern open was the lowest level...

Guess they wanted to go through Moria?

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 11:55:32 am »

Riiiight, now we have spelunking elves. And that's right when I'm building an aboveground town for my dwarves... I smell role reversal.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:59:45 am »

"We dwarves are very partial to the stone, and would appreciate it if you kept your digging to a limit of 100 rocks. I will return next year if I am able"

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »

"We dwarves are very partial to the stone, and would appreciate it if you kept your digging to a limit of 100 rocks. I will return next year if I am able"

I lol'd.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:08:02 pm »

Sounds like this could be a handy way to dispose of some elves...

Build your depot down on the lowest level and lock your front door when they decide to leave.

"Mind the FB on your way out..."
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 12:16:57 pm »

"Once a beautiful stone, and now? It is a rude bauble, fit only for your kind. I see your low race still revels in death."
Completely offtopic, but:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 12:22:02 pm »

Now I wonder what will happen if you've opened up the circus.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 03:09:22 pm »

With the correct kind of clowns, !!elf merchant!!.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 04:08:05 pm »

Sigg'd

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 04:14:35 pm »

Now I wonder what will happen if you've opened up the circus.
I'm pretty sure that they will leave through there.
Theoretically, if you modded elves to be able to swim in magma and locked them in the magma sea they could exit through there.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 04:16:04 pm »

Improved (closer to the original text):

We dwarves are partial in particular to the stones in the caverns beneath your lands. Although we are loathe to spare a single pebble to your senseless quarrying, we are willing to ask that you cap your mining at one hundred cubic meters until we next meet. I will try to return next year as I am able.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »

Improved (closer to the original text):

We dwarves are partial in particular to the stones in the caverns beneath your lands. Although we are loathe to spare a single pebble to your senseless quarrying, we are willing to ask that you cap your mining at one hundred cubic meters until we next meet. I will try to return next year as I am able.

Sigging.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 04:22:23 pm »

Awesome. now we just need to get ToadyOne to implement this for non-dwarf civs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.