Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this supposed to happen?  (Read 1686 times)

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this supposed to happen?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 05:07:30 am »

Oh gods.

This is how the world will end.

The further DF gets, the more worldgen errors start popping up.

Eventually, a worldgen error will result in a perfect replica of our world. And everyone will download it, and embark in famous or familiar places.

And whatever happens in DF will happen in the real world.

Being the crazy bastards that we are, one of us is undoubtedly going to do something like make Mt. Rushmore have magma running out of the presidents' noses.
More likely every building in NY will be turned into giant phalluses.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 07:10:00 am »

Oh gods.

This is how the world will end.

The further DF gets, the more worldgen errors start popping up.

Eventually, a worldgen error will result in a perfect replica of our world. And everyone will download it, and embark in famous or familiar places.

And whatever happens in DF will happen in the real world.

Being the crazy bastards that we are, one of us is undoubtedly going to do something like make Mt. Rushmore have magma running out of the presidents' noses.

Not me. Though channelling magma into D.C. sounds like much "!!Fun!! right now. Get rid of a few nobles.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 07:13:19 am »

I very nearly have this on my current .18 embark.  I didnt fiddle any settings, just generated a random world.  My map is only 19z from flat surface to the magma sea with the sea starting directly below the 3rd cavern floor.  I turned cav 3 into my magma forge level:)  All very convenient for hauling but everyone in the fort is disturbed by noise when sleeping :S
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:14 am »

Undergroud is sometimes bugged, I've scanned many locations with reveal and seen some pretty messed up things...hopefully it will get fixed one day.
Pages: 1 [2]