Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174355 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1755 on: December 09, 2010, 10:57:35 pm »

There are too many people out to screw the town over just for lulz.

Hehehehehe....

I mean. How dastardly? How could someone ever do that!?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 10, 2010, 05:56:25 am »

Well, deciding to try it out. Town is OK (named 'Dishonorable Ring Of Spiders') and so far its Ok. We have a few buildings up (as expected, no one seems to care about anyone else) including a watch tower and a portal door. I'm currently helping errect some armor plating on the door. Not sure how long we will last if everyone else stays determined not to help.

Also, I can't say i'm a fan of this whole 'hero' thing. I mean, yes, they need money but barring normal players from even posting on the global forum, giving the heroes amazingly powerfull abilites and the ability to upgrade their house rubs me the wrong way.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 10, 2010, 06:10:12 am »

The house upgrades are fairly counter productive anyway, I wouldn't worry about them.

About the only one worth getting is the bed one as that has a decent chance to add 2ap, and even then you have to consider how much more useful the 6ap is now.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 10, 2010, 06:13:57 am »

Also, I can't say i'm a fan of this whole 'hero' thing. I mean, yes, they need money but barring normal players from even posting on the global forum, giving the heroes amazingly powerfull abilites and the ability to upgrade their house rubs me the wrong way.
Don't say they get amazingly powerful abilities, they don't.  I however hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the way they basically remove everyone who isn't a hero from being a part of the community.

Yes, it requires that many uses of the word hate.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 10, 2010, 08:12:34 am »

I don't know, the community isn't that great anyways. A strong and vibrant offsite community will develop soon enough, I'm sure.

The hero abilities are certainly NICE, but they are by no means super powerful, and the decent house upgrades are on a strict "you only need one or two per town" basis (Kitchen and Drug Lab)

Siesta is not that great, but maybe that's cause I generally haven't had a lot of Hero Time to mess with - you need to last 10 days on average for the investment to pay off, after all.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 10, 2010, 08:57:00 am »

I don't know, the community isn't that great anyways. A strong and vibrant offsite community will develop soon enough, I'm sure.

The hero abilities are certainly NICE, but they are by no means super powerful, and the decent house upgrades are on a strict "you only need one or two per town" basis (Kitchen and Drug Lab)

Siesta is not that great, but maybe that's cause I generally haven't had a lot of Hero Time to mess with - you need to last 10 days on average for the investment to pay off, after all.

That is still a hell of a lot better than the kitchen, the drug lab is also better than the kitchen. First level of kitchen takes 18 days to pay off for example.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 10, 2010, 09:07:17 am »

First level of kitchen sucks. Last level does not.

You get a lv3 kitchen, it costs what, 18ap and some resources?
You can now convert three food per day at 100% success rate.
That's 3ap per day, meaning number wise it takes 6 days to break even.
However, being able to actually give those APs to others, alone, is really useful.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 10, 2010, 09:12:45 am »

I'm sure I could only convert 2 food.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 10, 2010, 09:13:33 am »

If you could only convert 2 food, then you had a lv2 kitchen.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 10, 2010, 09:19:27 am »

If you could only convert 2 food, then you had a lv2 kitchen.

I'm sure I could only do 1 at level 2 (although at higher odds than the 1 at level 1), if it is 3 at level 3 it's not so bad although the ap upfront still might be more beneficial to the town than the ap later one.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:15 am »

AP later on is so much better for the town. Later on is when your expeditions have to start ranging out further and further. Basically, this pays off at the time when you need it the most, where every extra AP (especially when distributed across an expedition) matters.

Still, its not super great. Neither for that matter is the drug lab (though I think the lab is better).

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 10, 2010, 12:07:10 pm »

5 hours

Ouch, my first town right after beta was like that.

Hope it didn't fill up before the attack tonight.

Someone opened the gates :/. 7 died, 8 terrorised. I'm one of the only ones without a tent and I wasn't terrorised or killed for once!
I have no hope for the town, but meh. I'll hold out till we make the B12 town on Monday.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 10, 2010, 12:58:16 pm »

That's why the search tower seems useful, you won't need to go an incredible distance out of town just to find new stuff.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 11, 2010, 06:22:28 am »

Gah. I bust my ass posting guides, calculating defense options and sending off private message reminders to players who don't read the forum.

We've managed to survive to Day 5 without a single zombie ever getting past the wall. Workshop+Factory is up, hacksaw was found and repaired, water crisis averted by building drilling rig, great pit and ramparts are built, etc. In short, I do everything correctly, by the book, and it looks like we'll survive past Day 8. We have enough raw materials in the bank, as long as we have people manning the workshop (conversions cost 1 AP each now) we can get our defense past 200 for tomorrow.

And yet. Clear instructions in the Construction forum that we need all hands on building defenses. A bunch of people still insist on running around the desert, getting trapped in zombies and getting themselves injured, stealing random drugs from the bank and then getting themselves addicted, stealing animals from the bank and throwing them at zombies (despite my announcement that we need to save animals because we're building butcher next), running out of AP 2 squares away from town and demanding we drop off drugs, someone else stealing the only twinoid from the bank and then using it themselves instead of giving it to the stranded idiot... the list goes on.

This is definitely gonna be my last town.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 11, 2010, 07:51:03 am »

Town is pretty much dead on the second day.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 127