Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174397 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1665 on: December 05, 2010, 08:09:03 am »

God the game is almost unplayable with all these players running around as headless chickens.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 05, 2010, 08:09:16 am »

Langdon, your bragging wins. Your town is better. :P
And Kitsunin, everyone building a tent requires everyone to be active and not completely stupid. :P

What's your character name in game anyways?
Empty, that is why it so important my town makes it to 14+ days and thus 100 soul points!

If you tell me your name in game, I will try to drag you in via coalition hopping.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:10:49 am by GlyphGryph »

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 05, 2010, 08:14:29 am »

It's..."Kitsunin" Is there a way to find someone's soul by searching for it?

EDIT: Derp, of course I ask before even bothering to look.  I'm not editing my stupid question out though, I don't have pride :P
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:16:42 am by Kitsunin »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 05, 2010, 09:34:59 am »

Langdon, your town sounds quite fun actually.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 05, 2010, 09:52:53 am »

Langdon, your bragging wins. Your town is better. :P

The Town That Will Not Die is so pathetic, that when someone grabbed the last plank from the bank on Day 4 and built a hovel, everybody else said "meh". Not even a single complaint. The prevailing mood is "why won't we die?".

Someone managed to scrounge up enough iron to build the pump this morning. Only one person took an extra ration of water. We have no weapons except for a bunch of broken used torches in the bank (broken because someone tried to kill zombies with them).

In fact, every single appliance in the bank - chairs, washing machines - is broken. If the game allowed throwing radios at zombies, we'd probably have broken radios in there too.

Two days ago I was thinking of not wasting my hero days in this town, just walking out the gate and trying again in a different town. Now I'm gripped in this sort of morbid fascination - I'm going to stay until the end just to see how everything turns out.

Unfortunately today I'm stuck out in the desert with the daily expedition (members strewn haphazardly across the map) waiting for someone to come back online so we can move on. I'm still terrified from the zombie attack three days ago, so if I get left behind I'm toast.

We don't know why we're here, we don't know what we're looking for, all we know is stumbling blindly across the desert is better than just sitting around waiting for the end.

It's like we're trapped in a Russian novel.

Langdon, your town sounds quite fun actually.
Dunno, it's actually kinda weird. I mean, it's Day 5. Other towns would be at each other's throats, grabbing defensive items from the bank and building forts, trying to get LMS.

In our town last night, in the hour before the attack, someone takes the Old Door from the bank. And puts it back. Then someone else takes the Old Door. Then probably goes "oh what's the use". And then he puts it back as well. It's like we've all lost our sense of self-preservation. I'm going WTF? :-P
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:06:02 am by Langdon »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 05, 2010, 11:19:31 am »

Your town sounds so amazingly hopeless. You seriously need to save those logs for posterity. :P

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 05, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »

Well, our walls gives us 36 free points of defense per night, as long as we keep upgrading it, so we ARE ignoring defense for today - but we'll still have at least 70 more by the next attack anyways. :P

Walls upgrade is one of the worst though, but also thats not enough points, we jumped from 400 to 800 in one town and that was only a few days ahead of where you are now. Assuming this follows the beta increases.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 05, 2010, 12:16:34 pm »

I am actually looking forward to dying tonight

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 05, 2010, 12:28:46 pm »

Your town sounds so amazingly hopeless. You seriously need to save those logs for posterity. :P

It's like the RNG is taunting us. You know what just happened?

The guy we were waiting for came online, and we finished the rest of the 8 AP expedition route. A little scary, but the four of us all got back to town safely.

You know what else? I found a bag of cement.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 05, 2010, 12:45:02 pm »

It's like the RNG is taunting us. You know what just happened?

The guy we were waiting for came online, and we finished the rest of the 8 AP expedition route. A little scary, but the four of us all got back to town safely.

You know what else? I found a bag of cement.
I'm in the same town as you ;). I'm travis2466

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 05, 2010, 12:52:21 pm »

I'm in the same town as you ;). I'm travis2466

Naw sorry, we're Intimidating Slum. No travis on our citizen list.

You mean you're in a hopeless town that against all odds looks like it's going to survive to Day 6 too? Nice!

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 05, 2010, 04:47:06 pm »

So does anyone want a clueless newbie on their coalition at some point? I am Superbest if so, currently struggling in a pathetic slum doomed to destruction by its hovel-loving residents. :(

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1677 on: December 05, 2010, 05:06:05 pm »

What day are you on? Our town has started building a ton of hovels today because we don't have the ap and/or materials for any other defences. While it isn't as good a town as the Misty Refuge and one of our members is a bit of a weirdo (apparently everyone in our town but him are sexy ladies) it is an alright town, and nothing like some of the horror stories in this thread and in the forums, towns with over half inactives for instance.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1678 on: December 05, 2010, 05:33:17 pm »

Well I'm dead so I will hold out until someone here gets a good town and jump in via coalition or something

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 05, 2010, 05:39:20 pm »

I had to watch a damn movie so I died =/
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 127