Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174451 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1515 on: November 28, 2010, 06:08:00 pm »

Workshop day 1 is not a requirement as many seem to believe

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 28, 2010, 06:09:05 pm »

Well, surprisingly for me, we survived with no zombies getting in and only 4 dying in the wastes. Unfortunately, we don't really have that whole 'teamwork' aspect nailed down and it'll probably be difficult for us to get past the much thicker hordes outside now.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 28, 2010, 06:12:55 pm »

No but it is a requirement for before you run out of resources to build it. So it's generally wise to get it done first. Day one you only need about 50 defence, the watch and search towers are nice though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 28, 2010, 06:43:45 pm »

Day 2, we have 85 defense and only about 10-30 zombies to attack.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 29, 2010, 02:04:32 am »

Still, if you're going defense instead of workshop, Armor Plating sucks compared to other options.

The Workshop may not be a requirement but has significant resource and manpower requirements, enough that it serves as a test for how many people are willing to follow group decisions and how many aren't. Especially for new people, the morale boost of the perception of being in a non-fail town is very important, and makes them willing to contribute more to later projects. Towns with a workshop on Day 1 have no problems focusing construction APs on specific needed projects later, and waste less resources in general.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 29, 2010, 03:26:44 am »

Wow at the world forum's mentality about 'griefers'.

Hell of a lot of cheese needs to be contributed to some world forum goers.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 29, 2010, 03:41:37 am »

Wow at the world forum's mentality about 'griefers'.

Hell of a lot of cheese needs to be contributed to some world forum goers.

What mentality?

Personally I enjoy playing this game to see how long a town can last, for me it would be better without 'griefers'.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 29, 2010, 04:09:44 am »

Hey guys, if you don't Know, I am Nanothnir, Hero of Heartless Foothill of Crows, the town that survived to day 16 before crumbling. All those that got to day 14 (which is just over half the numbers) jumped straight to the 100 Soul town and discovered with little shock that we were really the only ones that had reached 100 Soul points, so we are looking to fill the town via my ability to invite people to a coalition, have them join the town (through the link on the coalition page) and then fill it for the final run to Beta end...

Does anyone want to try joining it, you will need to know though that there is about 10 Spots left, and 2 I believe will be taken as they are dieing2nite, you will also need to wait for about 4-5 hours or so so I can get on to invite and shit due to me being at work when the attack comes and so on. This is an offer, but know that the town mainly consists of Crow Folk and we have all worked together before and should know what we are doing.. Plus we have a Hero this time (me ^_^ )

None the less, the offer is up for any Bay12ers you will get 1st choice really if you can make those times...

Also:: We built a Workshop on the first day, then built around 10 more constructions before the days end too, we were at 100+Def on the first day and around 200 by the second. The workshop helped alot cause we also divided ourselves into Constructors and Scavengers, The constructors would waste 2ap each day on scaving the 4 tiles that were depleated around the town so that we would have a large amount of Raw Resources for later, and the Scavs would do all the long treks. THIS worked well...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 29, 2010, 06:39:48 am »

We built a Workshop on the first day, then built around 10 more constructions before the days end too, we were at 100+Def on the first day and around 200 by the second. The workshop helped alot cause we also divided ourselves into Constructors and Scavengers, The constructors would waste 2ap each day on scaving the 4 tiles that were depleated around the town so that we would have a large amount of Raw Resources for later, and the Scavs would do all the long treks. THIS worked well...

Yep, my current town also has dedicated scavengers and builders. Pretty good organization, and I think we'd have it good if not for the number of inactive and non-responsive people (first thing we did was put a note on everyone's door to read the forums). It also seems there's a bunch of players who see someone shouting orders on the forum, go "I hate this town" and then run out into the desert to die on the first day.

My last town started out good, then went to hell when the main organizer died. (no, I'm not a leader, I'm just the guy who goes "all right, from my calculations, we have a 33.33% (repeating) chance of survival").

Good job with the Crows and with the Hero thing. Too bad they're gonna wipe distinctions after the beta, but still, you're going to be one of the more recognizable players around.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:44 pm »

Does anyone want to try joining it, you will need to know though that there is about 10 Spots left, and 2 I believe will be taken as they are dieing2nite, you will also need to wait for about 4-5 hours or so so I can get on to invite and shit due to me being at work when the attack comes and so on. This is an offer, but know that the town mainly consists of Crow Folk and we have all worked together before and should know what we are doing.. Plus we have a Hero this time (me ^_^ )

I'm up for joining. I just started a new town, but it's not impressive enough for me to feel too bad about jumping ship to join a really good one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 29, 2010, 01:27:37 pm »

I would take an invite, i'm currently without a town, my handle is Vactor there
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1526 on: November 29, 2010, 01:51:20 pm »

I'm up for it as well. How will that work out with the beta ending soon?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 29, 2010, 02:01:38 pm »

Its just to experience the 100 Soul town and see whats what...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 29, 2010, 02:16:20 pm »

Can you guys please post in the World Forums of D2N so I can have your Game names...

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 29, 2010, 02:19:22 pm »

I threw a reply in the join the pits thread
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 127