Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174789 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #600 on: November 08, 2010, 12:25:40 pm »

Well it does let friends play together. But I really don't see a group of five people being able to stick together very well. It is more likely if they all got into the same town, one or two of them will die off first and join a new town. When the remaining 3 die they join a different town, and eventually they all just get dispersed unless they purposefully try to stick together.
Pretty much. I think redesigning it to the way we would like it would make for a more enjoyable play experience.

I took some drugs to make it out into the desert, but no one is marking the map as they go! I went to two areas to pick up some stuff, and they were already taken. Come on!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 08, 2010, 12:56:37 pm »

Well it does let friends play together. But I really don't see a group of five people being able to stick together very well. It is more likely if they all got into the same town, one or two of them will die off first and join a new town. When the remaining 3 die they join a different town, and eventually they all just get dispersed unless they purposefully try to stick together.
Pretty much. I think redesigning it to the way we would like it would make for a more enjoyable play experience.

I took some drugs to make it out into the desert, but no one is marking the map as they go! I went to two areas to pick up some stuff, and they were already taken. Come on!

You can still find low level resources in depleted zones.

Though I tend to just find logs in them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 08, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »

Did you tell people about it? Do they know you need saving?

Granted, they might not be able to. We just locked out a guy from out town because, after someone dropped off drugs, he wandered into a known pack of zombies. No one online had the AP to go help, and it got too late to wait. I had to close the gate. :/
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 08, 2010, 04:58:34 pm »

At least you took one out with you. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 08, 2010, 05:01:49 pm »

Sounds quite interesting.

Would be awesome if you could make your own kindof "private village" with unlimited group size.

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 08, 2010, 05:58:09 pm »

Damn, I went to sleep too late and woke up a bit past the attack time and now I'm dead.  Did the Colosseums of Armageddon even have 40 citizens? 

Ah well, this game was pretty unique.  Don't think I'll be playing it again though. 

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 08, 2010, 06:02:24 pm »

Ha.... wow. Apparently I decided that sitting around outside of town was a good idea when the attack came.  :-\

Sorry guys, I thought I left my guy in town but looks like that wasn't the case. Good luck!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 08, 2010, 06:03:35 pm »

Yea, you poor dead soul. 

35 of us survived, you and 4 others stayed out last night.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 08, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »

Damn, I went to sleep too late and woke up a bit past the attack time and now I'm dead.  Did the Colosseums of Armageddon even have 40 citizens? 

Ah well, this game was pretty unique.  Don't think I'll be playing it again though.

Yeah, had 40 for a while.

It's fun, but a bit brutal.
Come play Mafia with us!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 08, 2010, 06:07:10 pm »

What kind of DF players are you? Loosing is the only source of fun!
Hello Hunam

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 08, 2010, 07:47:22 pm »

You should have seen my last post on the town forums of the structure of fear, it was in a thread for posting requiems for the town...
...status effects make things interesting

(we were about to be hit by between 135-180 zombies with 77 defense also there was only twelve of us)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 08, 2010, 09:44:01 pm »

You should have seen my last post on the town forums of the structure of fear, it was in a thread for posting requiems for the town...

(we were about to be hit by between 135-180 zombies with 77 defense also there was only twelve of us)
We lost 11 people on the first attack. 11. 11! 9 people were outside the city and 2 people died when our wall didn't hold up. We suck.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 08, 2010, 09:50:34 pm »

We lost 11 people on the first attack. 11. 11! 9 people were outside the city and 2 people died when our wall didn't hold up. We suck.
I was in worse... lost 21 on the first night.  It was a downhill affair from the beginning...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 08, 2010, 09:58:48 pm »

We should all try and Suicide and join the same village at once (Suicide means being outside when attack comes at the same time)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 09, 2010, 03:24:38 am »

What kind of DF players are you? Loosing is the only source of fun!

Losing while your asleep is not fun, it's only fun when your there to watch (and potentially try and stop) the inevitable loss.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 127