Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174810 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #540 on: November 06, 2010, 11:07:26 am »

Here are the rules that were posted on our forums Cthulhu:
Spoiler: rules (click to show/hide)
It's interesting that they even went so far as to give it a special format and everything. Makes me pretty sure that it's carried over from the french/german version and just translated.

Edit: Oh the even worse part? This was posted by a guy that joined as about number 25-30 in our town and he has zero soul points on this account.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 12:00:13 pm by Bluerobin427 »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 06, 2010, 11:17:47 am »

Fixed it for you
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 06, 2010, 11:42:39 am »

So now everything is planned out for you and you are a mindless peon acting things out or be banished from the town? Never playing this game then.
Hello Hunam

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 06, 2010, 11:48:37 am »

Personally I wouldn't pay any attention to people posting stuff like that. If they're trying to tell me exactly what I can and can not do I'd just let them kick me out. It would give me a chance to check out the exile gameplay (When you are exiled you actually can survive the nightly attacks, I believe. Not too sure how, but the help guide says that when you are banished you gain new skills and the like. So worst case you get stuck with someone like that then you get a chance to practice that gameplay and learn about it)

If they were really getting upset though, and somehow managed to get me to 6 complaints or so, I'd just go grab some important supplies from the bank and take them out into the outside world, create myself a little set of supplies :P

After all, from what the guide said, if enough people get banished the banished can overthrow the people in town and really shake things up. The banished force their way into town and swap places with the people living in town, I believe. So the people who banished them instead get stuck outside :)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 06, 2010, 12:33:09 pm »

It is kind of bothering me that, at least in our town, there are a couple of people on the forums constantly going "well in the French version we did it this way and anyone who deviates from that behavior is to be hated and shunned forever."  I get that people who have played before have found the most efficient ways to survive, but having someone tell me "you should use this many AP doing this, restore with this, do this, then come home, and if you do it any differently you're a wasteful selfish piece of garbage" just sucks all the fun straight out of the game.  I enjoy the part of a new game where you figure things out, make mistakes, laugh about them, and then tell stories with your friends about the stupid things you did.  It's especially great if everyone in the game is in that same boat and you all stumble around together, getting eaten by zombies a few times before you find a better way to do things.  If someone's telling me exactly what to do, I don't feel like I'm playing a game at all.  More like I'm doing a job that I'm not even getting paid for.

So if the developers are telling people not to instantly become dictators, posting lists of rules copied from the French version and demanding that anyone who breaks them be banished immediately, that's fine with me.  However, I don't see anything wrong with *having* knowledge obtained by research and using it to try to help everyone.  If they're threatening you, Denzi, I hope they're at least threatening the people in my town who seem to think our first shot at the game ought to last weeks before being overrun and sees everyone who's trying different things or making newbie mistakes as THE ENEMY.
These are the type of people that make games like this suck.  Its fun to lose.  In that respect, noobs are fun to play with. 

Report them as having played the French/German version.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 06, 2010, 01:23:09 pm »

No one has been banned yet AFAIK because of these rules....I mostly omit them...because we have been running without them...granted certain people are wasting supplies and etc or whatever...but its my first town...and many others in it.

Also Megaman....to ban someone requires at least 8 people in the community to file a complaint...so its not like 1 person has any real power...only the people do...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 06, 2010, 01:38:37 pm »

To second some of the things I just heard, no one has any real power. They can bitch all they want, but can't really do anything if you steal from the bank or drink water every day. They can choose to banish you, but that has a chance of splitting the community. And if they ban enough people, the banished can take over the city.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 06, 2010, 01:55:22 pm »

Email them, worked for me

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 06, 2010, 01:59:54 pm »

Looks like I'm late to the party.

Is it still possible to get a key?

"Feel free to go scavenging on the net to try and find one ;)" isn't very encouraging.   :(

check last few thread pages

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 06, 2010, 03:16:09 pm »

New internet game. Everyone take a shot when someone asks how to get a key.

Or we could update the OP.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 06, 2010, 03:34:08 pm »

To be fair, I'd actually really like if people would actually pay attention to those first three sections- particularly the second. Several towns now have been decimated by people joining the game, stealing all of the town's planks to build hovels, and then logging off forever.  :-\
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 06, 2010, 04:57:50 pm »

Yeah, looking at that set of rules, I'm not sure what the big deal is.  Those aren't that bad.

I was thinking you meant people had powergamed it up and had a list of what each person had to do to maximize output.

Those make sense, and considering the nature of the game getting guidelines like that hammered down is good.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 06, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »

It's not looking good for Desert of the Headless. 90 or so zombies minimum with 40 or so defenses.

If half the people in the town were active maybe we would've had a chance...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 06, 2010, 05:20:15 pm »

Wish there was a way to auto kick people that aren't active or something...spose when we get 100 soul points and start playing with other people with 100+ soul points it wont be such an issue

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 06, 2010, 05:20:49 pm »

Yeah and if around 20 people didn't die the first two days by dicking around :P

Oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 127