Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174756 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #690 on: November 10, 2010, 10:26:41 am »

I'd be shocked if we survive the night, we are looking at at least 36 zombies, probably closer to 50, breaking in :/
Really?  Mine says up to 80.

Mine says "Attack estimation : Between 85 and 105" and "Defence : 49" (hence the at least 36 breaking in)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 10, 2010, 10:36:22 am »

Looks like we get 3 invitation keys apiece, now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #692 on: November 10, 2010, 11:17:48 am »

OH! pick me!
I got nothing

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 10, 2010, 12:50:32 pm »

Ok, I'll PM one to you.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 10, 2010, 01:35:50 pm »

Attack: 145 - 175 zombies
Defense: 93

Time for Fun

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 10, 2010, 01:49:28 pm »

We're utterly screwed.  And we have LESS planks than yesterday, damnit.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 10, 2010, 02:18:53 pm »

We're utterly screwed.  And we have LESS planks than yesterday, damnit.

We had a few more but they got pushed into the last ditch defence. We may have wasted our logs but I don't think we'd have got ten planks tomorrow anyway. Shame though, we were only four away when we woke this morning and I found two and someone else brought in three I saw and now we have one...
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 10, 2010, 02:57:41 pm »

I'm in the town 'Echo of the Crazed'. We have about 26 defense and there are 30-60 zombies incoming. We're screwed :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2010, 03:03:14 pm »

I'm happy. The Colosseums of armageddon is actaully in good shape. We have a good amount of resources and most of us should survive tonight. We're actually at the point where we need most of the town to stay behind and build stuff instead of scavenge.

We might even reach day 5. No idea if we'll live PAST day 5, but we might reach it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2010, 03:39:00 pm »

Yea, worse case scenario right now in Colosseums of armageddon is 10 zombies get through. We have tons of rotten logs and scrap metal so if things go okay we should have all the materials we need to keep building. The guys getting 100 zombs, what day are you guys on?

I screwed up a little today and wasted 3 ap making more wrought iron. If we are 3 ap short on this defense I'll blame the inactives.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:32 pm »

Yeah. And, for once, no one is outside. We could theoretically NOT lose anyone tonight.

Not likely, since I think we have some infected people and a few zombies will probably get inside, but it's possible.
Come play Mafia with us!

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 10, 2010, 03:50:28 pm »

yes, i have three keys up for grabs! PM me and ill send you one!
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 10, 2010, 04:47:56 pm »

So the first four voteable upgrades for the watchtower:
- See all zombies within 3 squares
- See all zombies within 5 squares
- See all zombies within 7 squares
- See all zombies within 7 squares + you can enter town from one square further away than normal (saving 1AP on your return trip)

What other upgrades are out there for that building and others?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 10, 2010, 04:50:55 pm »

I've been pondering some town roles. Basically have some duties that have one or more people dedicated to them. Might make things go smoother for towns.

Obviously requires a town that's a least marginally functional.

Key roles:

Gate Keeper: Person who's job it is to open and close the gate each day. Should be someone dependable who can be relied on to be around near 23:00 game time. A backup person should also be found for each day, just in case.
Expedition Commander: Person who's job it is to plan and lead expeditions. Needs to be uninjured and reliable. They should be given a rucksack or the like to maximize town returns from expeditions.
Zombie Hunter: Person who's dedicated to killing zombies on the expedition route. Needs to be uninjured and reliable. They should be given the best weapon in the town and kept stocked with water/batteries/whatever. Ideally they'd also have some extra carrying capacity, but it's not strictly required.

General Roles
: These are more guidelines for players. Which role people should play depends on where the town is at.

Builder: Stays in town to work on constructions. Only drinks water every other day unless the extra AP to finish a construction is really needed. Food is likewise conserved, unless the town has way more than it needs (unlikely). Drugs should only be used if absolutely necessary to finish a needed defense before the attack. Best for people who have little time to play or can't be on at reliable times.
Scavenger: Spends as much time out in the wastes as possible gathering materials. Best for people who can only log in a few times a day and can make sure they're back in town before the gates close. Should go along with expeditions when possible.
Gatherer: Goes out near the end of the day to gather excess items dropped by scavengers or expeditions. Also handle rescue duties to aid stranded citizens and add their AP to critical construction projects.

Thoughts?
Come play Mafia with us!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 10, 2010, 05:01:00 pm »

LOL!!!
Turns out that no one closed the gates...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 127