Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174787 times)

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #570 on: November 06, 2010, 11:46:34 pm »

The Great Old Ones, of course.

In all seriousness, though, it's the people who run the game. You can e-mail them at contact@die2nite.com

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 07, 2010, 02:33:30 am »

Everyone take a shot!

My town has a lot of inactives, we need to ban them so we can still their stuff. I think we are in big trouble either way.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #572 on: November 07, 2010, 05:08:35 am »

Okay, in a new town called Odd Theatre of Hoards... not liking that name. Sounds ominous (and awesome. Ominously awesome? Awesomely ominous?)

Ah well, here's to hoping this town doesn't get dicked by fools who can't remember how much AP they'll need to get back indoors before the attack.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 07, 2010, 01:12:05 pm »

I am really starting to hate people who join a town and then never do or say anything.

At least they could've built a tent... =/

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #574 on: November 07, 2010, 02:33:05 pm »

Well I went to visit a friend yesterday afternoon and ended up unexpectedly staying the night.  At exactly 23:00 I cringed, knowing my character had just been eaten out in the desert...

I'm in a new town now, the Frightful Store of Temptation.  And there will be no unexpected sleepovers tonight!  Tomorrow's a work day. :)

But there are only ten or so people in our town so far, and only a few hours til the attack...  Should I risk spending the night in the desert (as time will likely stand still) and autosearching this square until tomorrow night, or should I head back to town early to be safe and not be able to search tomorrow (as I will be out of AP)?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 07, 2010, 05:01:40 pm »

Sigh...

19-24 Zombs against 59 Def...

What a waste of Materials. Workshops are one of the very first things needed to be built no questions asked. It like playing an RTS and not building any Harvesters while hammering our warriors, then wondering why you can't build more...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #576 on: November 07, 2010, 05:07:27 pm »

Don't you need a cinderblock or something to build a workshop though?  I haven't even seen one of those yet.  Even if everyone agrees to build it, you have to have all the materials first.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 07, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »

If you get a Concrete Powder thing and use a ration of water with it, then it turns into concrete. They seem to be easy to find, always getting one on the first day with each of these towns...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 07, 2010, 05:26:58 pm »

Ha... wow. Day 3: 151 zombies attack us, we have 56 defense. I got eaten by 8 zombies, and that was about average. The Boiling Highlands is no more!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 07, 2010, 05:35:21 pm »

It was good while it lasted.
Does the "Last Line of Defense" achievement mean I was the last alive, or just someone who lived until the last day?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 07, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »

The Murky Lakes isn't looking good, a troll opened our gates a few minutes before the attack, we lost nineteen to the zombies and a few more to the desert.

Watch out for xPoncex.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 07, 2010, 06:00:40 pm »

R.I.P Boiling highlands.  Just joined my new town, Colosseums of armageddon.  What a boss name for a town.

I'm the only member currently :(

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 07, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »

Wow. Seriously? That was a lot of zombies.

Surprisingly, I survived two nights of infection to get eaten by zombies. Cool!

Hello, Colosseums of Armageddon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 07, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »

I'm in the Frightful Store of Temptations as well..

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 07, 2010, 07:51:39 pm »

So no one closed the gate yesterday. I got eaten.

Also in Colosseums of Armageddon.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 127