Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174807 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #525 on: November 05, 2010, 06:54:49 pm »

When the town is wiped out during a midnight attack, one of the people killed is randomly chosen as last man standing.  You dont' actually have to be the last person alive in the town, although that will certainly increase your odds of winning the award..
Shoes...

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 05, 2010, 07:22:06 pm »

How do you commit suicide IG? I kinda fucked myself over.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 05, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »

How do you commit suicide IG? I kinda fucked myself over.
Step out of the gates and wait for nightfall.  Make sure autosearch is on, to help out your poor doomed buddies.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 05, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »

Man, x2, you are an.... impressive person.

How did you manage to get so far away from town, use all your ratios, AND get surrounded by zombies?

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 05, 2010, 08:13:49 pm »

Who sees your last words?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 05, 2010, 08:18:24 pm »

If you look at citizens you can see everyone's

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 05, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »

Okay. Cause I would be disappointed if no one read them. They're fun to write.

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:42 pm »

Why were the developers mad at you Denzi?  I don't understand what kind of advantage you could get from playing the french or german versions. 

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 05, 2010, 11:11:36 pm »

Why were the developers mad at you Denzi?  I don't understand what kind of advantage you could get from playing the french or german versions.

They didn't cite any specific example (or give me a way to explain myself) but think the advantage you'd get from playing the french/german versions would be knowledge. They seem to want to have the players bumble around during the beta and have no real organization. (That, or they're getting a jolly good time seeing all the english folk running around like chickens with their head cut off, could be either/or)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 05, 2010, 11:27:53 pm »

I believe its because experienced players are less likely to explore and try new things...therefore not finding as many bugs because they (and those they teach) will start to use the same method every game.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #535 on: November 06, 2010, 05:22:26 am »

It is kind of bothering me that, at least in our town, there are a couple of people on the forums constantly going "well in the French version we did it this way and anyone who deviates from that behavior is to be hated and shunned forever."  I get that people who have played before have found the most efficient ways to survive, but having someone tell me "you should use this many AP doing this, restore with this, do this, then come home, and if you do it any differently you're a wasteful selfish piece of garbage" just sucks all the fun straight out of the game.  I enjoy the part of a new game where you figure things out, make mistakes, laugh about them, and then tell stories with your friends about the stupid things you did.  It's especially great if everyone in the game is in that same boat and you all stumble around together, getting eaten by zombies a few times before you find a better way to do things.  If someone's telling me exactly what to do, I don't feel like I'm playing a game at all.  More like I'm doing a job that I'm not even getting paid for.

So if the developers are telling people not to instantly become dictators, posting lists of rules copied from the French version and demanding that anyone who breaks them be banished immediately, that's fine with me.  However, I don't see anything wrong with *having* knowledge obtained by research and using it to try to help everyone.  If they're threatening you, Denzi, I hope they're at least threatening the people in my town who seem to think our first shot at the game ought to last weeks before being overrun and sees everyone who's trying different things or making newbie mistakes as THE ENEMY.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 06, 2010, 09:05:14 am »

Yeah Sappho I'm feeling exactly the same. I really loved this game and wasted most of my Thursday flicking back and forth between this forum and the forums in the game until that post with "the rules" went up. Now I have a hard time even logging in. I just want to give my character to someone else to play  :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 06, 2010, 09:23:35 am »

Ugh, I can't believe we're already getting into that phase of the game.  Honestly, why can't we have one game that people don't ruin like that?

No one's like that in our town but there's only 20 of us left and we're gonna get 2-37 zombies through our defenses if things don't shape up fast, so I'll probably end up with one of them before long.

Just for fun, post the rules here.  I want to see them.  I probably won't rejoin a town after I die here, if they've already turned the game into a formula I'm not interested in playing.
Shoes...

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 06, 2010, 11:03:11 am »

So the Boiling Highlands has an estimation of 40 to 80 zombies, and we only have 38 defense  :-\
Granted though the quality of the estimation is only around 50% so I guess it could be wrong?

Also to the people getting turned off by the veterans of the game, I say just try to stick it out until we get some coalitions together so we can all be in the same town
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 06, 2010, 11:05:18 am »

From what I've seen there really isn't much left to dabble around in.  Search the desert for resources, upgrade town, repeat.  I feel like the developers focused too much on the cooperative survival aspect.  It should be possible for a loner to survive in the desert by stealing from the town or searching the desert around them. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 127