Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174879 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2010, 11:55:38 am »

Ok, went out exploring (carefully) and I now have: Another rucksack, a plastic bag (makes a weapon with water?), a Toolbox, a mouldy ham sandwich, and a box of matches. No idea how useful most of that is. But I'll probably stick the toolbox, at least, in the Bank.

If you combine the matches with a rotting log, you'll get a torch. The torch will be lit, initially, and will provide extra defence. 1 in a personal home, or 2 in the bank. However, after the next attack the torch will burn out, but it can be lit again with matches.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2010, 11:56:52 am »

Plastic bag + dynamite-looking stuff + detonator + patch = bomb.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2010, 12:01:44 pm »

So, what time were zombie attacks relative to the in-game clock?  Not that we have to worry with 15 citizens.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2010, 12:05:04 pm »

From the Gazette:

Tonight's attack will take place at the following time :

* 22h00 GMT(London)
    * 17h00 EDT(New York)
    * 14h00 PDT(San Francisco)
    * 11h00 EDT(Sydney)
    * 00h00 SAST(Johannesburg)

So, 2PM Pacific Time for me. About 4 hours from now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2010, 12:05:40 pm »

The attack happens at 23:00 relative to the in-game clock.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2010, 12:08:38 pm »

Alrighty, I've been too busy to join so far but today I need to blow off some steam so I just registered as Androgen, new resident of the Boiling Highlands.  Time to figure out how to play this game now...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:48 pm »

Alrighty, I've been too busy to join so far but today I need to blow off some steam so I just registered as Androgen, new resident of the Boiling Highlands.  Time to figure out how to play this game now...

Welcome to the town, Sappho! Good number of us Bay12ers there.

First, upgrade your house to a Tent. Then make sure you grab the stuff in your house and look in your goody bag.

Then, go grab a water ration.

After that, you can explore a bit. Look at the map before you head out to see where the zombies are. You'll want to avoid those, unless there are a few other people with you.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 04, 2010, 12:12:09 pm »

Oh this is exciting, we have 6 B12ers in Boiling Highlands now I think. Oh Sappho, if you go exploring there's a house 1 square west of town that should be relatively safe to explore (there are 3 zombies, but 2 people sitting there, so they won't bug you). You might get some neat things from a house... I don't really know.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 04, 2010, 12:13:36 pm »

Oh this is exciting, we have 6 B12ers in Boiling Highlands now I think. Oh Sappho, if you go exploring there's a house 1 square west of town that should be relatively safe to explore (there are 3 zombies, but 2 people sitting there, so they won't bug you). You might get some neat things from a house... I don't really know.

I checked but got nothing. :/

It's only one space away, though, so no harm in her checking it out.

I think anyone from Bay12 who signs up today will join us. Which is awesome!
Come play Mafia with us!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2010, 12:29:26 pm »

How do you add a picture?  I see some of you have avatar thingies, but I can't figure out how to create one.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2010, 12:32:02 pm »

Go to the Your Soul tab, then to the Settings tab.  You can upload directly there.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:55 pm »

Note that it has to be 30 High x 90 Wide, so more like a banner than a normal avatar.
Come play Mafia with us!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:12 pm »

Does being drunk last all day? It makes sense that it would, but it makes talking and writing forum posts... interesting.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2010, 12:38:10 pm »

Don't drink early in the morning?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #359 on: November 04, 2010, 12:39:39 pm »

A life lesson as much as anything.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 127