Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: military issue  (Read 702 times)

jackrabbitslim

• Bay Watcher
  • Erin go Bragh
    • View Profile
military issue
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:57 pm »

I'm having a problem with my military. When i give my dwarves a task, such as kill something or to move to a certain area or even just train, about half my dwarves go where I tell them, but then the other half just goes to some random place in my fort and stand there, and NEVER leave unless i remove them from the squad or make the squad inactive. It says that they are training, but all their skills get rusty after awhile. Is this a bug and is there a work around?
I may be insane but I'm not crazy

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: military issue
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:15:38 pm »

yeah, its a bug
Workaround is to use the move [m] button instead and they'll engage once they see the monster
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

Gentle Manne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 07:01:44 pm »

If you're trying to get them to train, make sure the squad is active and they have a barracks assigned to them. Check out the wiki article on training. It's not very straightforward.

jackrabbitslim

• Bay Watcher
  • Erin go Bragh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 07:50:26 pm »

telling them to move doesnt fix it. about half of them move, the other half go stand in random places. to test it out, i made a barracks outside my fortress, one for each squad, well away from each other. i currently have 4 dwarves standing in the hospital, 3 outside by the armor racks i designated, 6 in the old barracks, 5 are eating sleeping etc 2 are standing in my workshop hall "going to dodging demonstration" and another 3 are in the dining room standing on tables and are unable to follow orders.

if i change it and just make them in training mode, the ones that moved where i told them go back to the barracks outside, the others just stay in the same place.
I may be insane but I'm not crazy