Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Bloodthirsty Bambi and a Crutchwalking Mass Murderer  (Read 1635 times)

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
A Bloodthirsty Bambi and a Crutchwalking Mass Murderer
« on: October 28, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »

So, I starting playing this game again after a few months break.  I downloaded the latest copy and start an adventurer to see the updated civs... or rather not to see them.  I found out that every civ but humans is absent, (not even a dwarf, elf, or goblin I can steal the armor off of!) and that even human towns are almost impossible to find and lacking in any potential weapons upgrades whatsoever.  I finally found a warlord to get a quest from, and went off the go kill a hydra with just a Large Copper Dagger.  I actually did it, and discovered the new "butcher" feature.  So I start a skull collection, and even try at one point to train my throwing skill high enough that I can throw them at people and kill them.  I'm at 33 so far, counting 11 corpses I haven't butchered yet.  But when I came back to the town (at least I think it was the right town, I tried following the quest promp but it led me nowhere) I didn't get even a "thank you", so I killed him for his insolence.  It was at that point I discovered that nobody seemed to care -there wern't any guards, but the few humans who fought back seemed completely random.  So I went around slaughtering more villages, or at least trying too.  First off, I was crawling all this time.  That's right, Crawling.  The only wound I got from the hyda was a bite in the foot, but that opened an artery and severed the motory and sensory nerves.  They haven't healed in the year or two since then, (in-game, I was retired for about half of that time) and so I've named my adventurer "Achilles".  "Achilles Deadfoot" I would be if I could modify my last name, with my bloody dagger "Lady McUrist" (sadly I couldn't name it in-game) that has tasted the blood of two hundred and thirty-four.  I sadly was not able to get any skulls out of the humans, who actuall can regenerate without you traveling off the combat map.  I tried burning them, I tried letting my hunger grow but never got to the point where I was allowed to butcher them (although I might have been if I played an elf).  But the most shocking revelation was that humans have NO ITEMS OF *ANY* KIND WHATSOEVER ON THEM!!!!! :o  But I suppose there are worse things than a dozen nudists living in a small hut, there was that time I accidentally asigned my military "No Armor" and "Armor Replaces Clothes" at the same time.....  :P  But I was getting tired of crawling around everywhere -then I remembered crutches.  I embarked to a site near my retired adventurer, and what should I see when I arrive there (with the adventurer) but a deer leaving a trail of blood beside two dead dwarves, and a firsherdwarf with the crap being beaten out of him.  At this point I was "ok, *NOW* this is getting to be too much dwarfiness, I got to write this on the forums!"  And there you have it; I'll work on getting up a screenshot or two up maybe and then get revenge on "Shimmersplit" this bloodthirsty carp of a deer.  (And carp officially are nerfed now, my foot injury was no handicap against beating them on their own turf.)  ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:30:43 pm by Arkenstone »

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodthirsty Bambi and a Crutchwalking Mass Murderer
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:02:07 pm »

Most of this is because adventure mode's broken.
*Hugs*

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
Re: A Bloodthirsty Bambi and a Crutchwalking Mass Murderer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:32:42 pm »

Lol, but that's almost all from world gen...  Like, I just came to this cave and you can't see the ground on this huge square because there's so much food and ale...

Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 06:25:17 am »

Must be a dragon's lair, they usually spread crap like that all over their lairs
*Hugs*

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:46:00 pm »

Adventure modes broke. Wait till the next verison.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 06:10:19 pm »

Eh, I got killed by an Ettin who got a lucky punch to the chest -but he only lived that long because I decided it would be a Fun idea to kill him with my crutch...  It was.....

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 11:03:48 am »

Some deer seem to be really really strong now. One grabbed my sword and I spent the next 10 IRL minutes killing it by bashing it. It's hold was so strong that even a superhumanly strong adventurer couldn't break it.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 01:14:06 pm »

That mass of food thing has only happened to me with Ettin caves.
Everybody!

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 01:34:19 pm »

I've always been scared of large herbivores like deer.  I've already had two adventurers rendered paraplegic by kicks to the lower spine and one killed by a kick to the upper spine.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 06:17:53 pm »

The deer. Nature's serial spine kicker.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 06:18:32 pm »

I guess you could call it...
An Eattin' cave.
 8)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »

An Eattin' cave.
 8)
Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 11:27:02 am »

8)
An Eattin' cave.
fix'd that for you

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 03:25:01 pm »

Actually, it was an ettin cave.  And I think that deer are the new Carpophants...  :o

Be afraid.

Be *VERY* afraid...

. . .  d . . . & & & & & & & . . . @ .

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 12:16:36 am »

8)
An Eattin' cave.
fix'd that for you

I love you all.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!