Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Idea: Aztec Mod  (Read 730 times)

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Idea: Aztec Mod
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:06:00 pm »

After reading a thread in DF General, I think a mod modeled on the Aztecs would be cool. Now, I don't know a great deal about the Aztecs. So I want your ideas. Weapons, civilizations, food types, flora and fauna, etc. I'd also be interested in a map of Mesoamerica. I'm not planning on the Spanish invading (maybe really tough enemies producing deadly syndromes), but if you think it could work, tell me how. All that's actually done is generating a pseudo-Nahuatl language.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Aztec Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:22:21 am »

A Spanish civ might be a civ with really high progress triggers, access to unique weapons -  guns with projectiles possessing a high max velocity - , whose blood could carry syndromes (a crude simulation admittedly).

You'll want to decrease the appearance rate of iron, or perhaps remove the player's ability to make steel. Bronze, I believe, was available to the Aztecs and their neighbours, at least for trade goods; a rival empire (The Tarascans?) to the north utilized bronze weapons. However, if the player can survive versus the Spanish and melt their iron or steel, he can then use them for his own purposes.

You'll have to remove the mount tags from most creatures though, and ensure that horses are basically only the mounted animal available (remove it from creature domestic). I don't really know how one would restrict horses to the spanish; maybe restrict spanish civs to evil terrain and make horses evil creatures?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod