Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New megabeast idea  (Read 939 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
New megabeast idea
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:19 pm »

Is there any way to make a dragon that , instead of flying, burrows? That seems like lots of Fun.
It could also be applied to other stuff...and all of those things would add more Fun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New megabeast idea
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »

No. Not besides just making one that resides underground (and those already exist). Also, dragons don't fly. Where did you get that ridiculous idea?

If I remember correctly, burrowing creatures were slated for the release of what is now known as .31, but they were cut (among other things) due to time constraints.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 04:53:49 pm »

I imagine we'll see such horrible fun at some point though.
Here's to hoping for Dune-Like sandworms that live in deserts and catch prey in a very antlion like way.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 10:38:33 pm »

No. Not besides just making one that resides underground (and those already exist). Also, dragons don't fly. Where did you get that ridiculous idea?

If I remember correctly, burrowing creatures were slated for the release of what is now known as .31, but they were cut (among other things) due to time constraints.
I was referring to burrowers, not blind cave dragons.
Sad. You can't even set them to be able to mine without tools or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 04:13:06 am »

Not that I'm aware. I tried this with a civ once and it was simply impossible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 07:27:57 am »

Not that I'm aware. I tried this with a civ once and it was simply impossible.
Oh, well...just add moles to ToadyOne's to-do list.
Imagine, once it's done:

Urist McArchitect: I've built the wall, but...
Urist McSomeoneelse: Is that the forgoten beast you walled off, eating Urist McTasty?
Urist McArchitect: Uh...there was a mole problem.
(beat)
Urist McSomeoneelse: Why are we all named Urist again?
Sig