Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Who likes Booze ?  (Read 8115 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who likes Booze ?
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 04:17:57 am »

personally, I drink no alcohol, for reasons much similar to the ones listed by armok.

and, on the subject of drinking at the age of 14, I think that at that age the liver isn't ready to deal with the alcohol, or so I have been told. So drinking much at that age would lead to great liver damage.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 04:50:53 am »

I'm mostly in Armok's camp, but I'll sometimes have one beer on a big occasion. I'm up to three total.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 05:09:13 am »

Never had more than a couple sips. Every alcohol I've ever ingested has tasted like ass.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 05:09:56 am »

Never had more than a couple sips. Every alcohol I've ever ingested has tasted like ass.
Tip: try using a cup or glass instead.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 05:19:33 am »

Well, I just had moonshine. Was uh, strong. Really strong. Uncle and Cousin make it, we got it in a big jug. More than enough to last us for a few years, bloody fuck, that was strong.
I've had moonshine. The guy who had it claimed it was extremely high proof, but after about four ounces of it I felt at about a one and a half drink level (but with a fuzziness that tells me it was full of toxic byproducts, meaning it wasn't properly distilled). I also downed that in one swig, and it lacked the burn of even 80 proof vodka. Hmm... That should mean that it was distilled at too high a temperature, so too much water and other shit was boiled too, rather than (mainly) just the ethanol.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 10:04:00 am »

I have to say that if I had a 14 year old son or daughter then I would be much more concerned about them doing skunk or pills than getting drunk on cheap cider. It's pretty normal for 14. 15 and 16 year olds to get drunk on fortified wine, of some other such muck, at least once or twice. If they were hitting the spitrits then I would be pretty worried. I would probably let 16 + year olds drink (in moderation) at home rather than in a dodgy park or street corner. (But they would probably want to be outside anyway.)

I really would rather prefer that this didn't turn into a big drugs thread, because they are pretty boring. But it's fair to say that it's widely accepted that E's and skunk potentially do a lot more permanent damage to a still developing brain than booze does to a young liver. Livers regenerate pretty well, and humans have had booze around long enough that we have probably evolved alongside it a little.

Anyhow, the Americans are brewing some pretty good ale in recent times. I have a case of Anchor Porter (5.6%), Brooklyn Chocolate Stout (10%) and Goose Island IPA (5.9%) turning up tomorrow. Good times.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 03:41:34 pm »

Oh, booze. I remember when I used to be all crazy about getting drunk; now I just think of drunkness as a rather unpleasant state not worth having for the sake of fitting in and shit like that.
Always enjoy mead or beer though.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2010, 08:05:42 pm »

I believe I'll try that Killian's Irish Red recommended to me on my next paycheck.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »

Sailor Jerry.

I am telling you guys...
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 10:06:37 pm »

Sailor Jerry is IMO pretty average cheap rum saved by the admittedly pleasant gimmick of vanilla flavouring added to it. Without the flavouring it would be a journeyman rum. Honestly, try some quality rums. There are so many about. I love good rum.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »

And that's what its supposed to be, tasty cheap 92 proof kickass.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 04:43:01 am »

It's just not that cheap over here. I used to like it a lot but realised that for the same price you can get better rum. Saying that, mix it with fresh lime juice and some good ginger beer, and it makes a pretty nice drink indeed. :)

Same with JD. Overpriced, foul stuff that you would never catch me drinking normally. But mix it with fresh lemon juice, Cointreau and lemonade and it makes one of the most sublime drinks ever.

As you can probably tell, I like booze. :) I'm putting in a bid to run a pub this morning actually. If I get it, it's going to be loads of fun.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:19 am »

As a broke, starving, college student I drink whatever I can get my hands on, and what can be afforded. My personal preference is either a good strong Tequila or Vodka, but I really don't care too much as long as it's alcoholic. Generally I avoid sugary drinks.
Worst thing I ever drank was this stuff called Aftershock. Not only did it taste like cough syrup, it made everyone who drank it feel sick (I think from all the sugar).
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 10:22:58 am »

What's wrong with aftershock? This great bartender who used to work at my student union bar invented the the triple aftershock and lemonade. Another one of his inventions was the double curacao and orange juice. Which comes out looking like slime.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 10:25:18 am »

I'm a beer man myself.  My personal favorite is Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, followed closely by Stone's Arrogant Bastard and Ruination IPA.  For general-purpose bar drinking, I usually go with Sierra Nevada's IPA or Strongbow, or Labatt if my finances are limited.  Liquorwise, I usually go for gin and tonic, but that's not that common because I usually go to the bar for a while and like to play pool/darts/karaoke, for which liquor-based drinks are generally not conducive.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10