Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Who likes Booze ?  (Read 8099 times)

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who likes Booze ?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »

You didn't compare it, you just said that Tequila is a type of beer.

Also you're like 14.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 08:02:21 pm »

And here I was, assuming that I'd read that post wrong somehow.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 08:03:04 pm »

Okay, Jesus, I'll edit it.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 08:03:36 pm »

You didn't compare it, you just said that Tequila is a type of beer.

Also you're like 14.
I thought 13?
Anyway too young for drinking.
Thirteen.

And I suppose I ought to voice an opinion.
I have never tried it, and I won't. I don't need to be even more stupid than I already am, or easier irritated, or forget even more, or be even more touchy feely...
Same.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »

Look, man, I'm worried a whole lot less about your knowledge of alcoholic beverages, and a whole lot more about your youth. Take it from someone who's been there: Addiction is a really nasty thing. Thing about it is, you never see it coming. By the time you can look at yourself and say, "Man, this is really affecting my life. What the hell am I doing to myself?" you're already drinking a six pack for breakfast. You've already alienated all your friends, fucked up all your relationships, and are quickly running yourself out of a job, and possibly a home. It is no small thing that you find yourself in, and it is no easy thing to overcome.

I remember how bad high school sucked, man, but 7 kids in my graduating class died as a direct result of alcohol. If you're going to drink, at least be careful about it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 08:22:24 pm »

Drinking at 14 isn't that bad. You aren't automatically going to become an alcoholic if you drink before the legal drinking age. I've been drinking beer and wine for as long as I can remember.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 08:23:46 pm »

Yea.

Well, I just had moonshine. Was uh, strong. Really strong. Uncle and Cousin make it, we got it in a big jug. More than enough to last us for a few years, bloody fuck, that was strong.

Then it was brandy. Still quite strong, but not too much.

Then came the dessert wine, drank the whole glass at the counter, was nice.

All of those were less than half a glass, of course, just to taste it, except for the white wine/dessert wine, that was half a glass. I feel like I need to piss and I am sweating now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »

Drinking at 14 isn't that bad. You aren't automatically going to become an alcoholic if you drink before the legal drinking age. I've been drinking beer and wine for as long as I can remember.

14 year olds tend to be invincible. If you're not careful at that age, which you most likely aren't going to be (see aforementioned invincibility,) you very well may wind up with a problem before you realize it. Most 14 year olds do not know what moderation is, and don't particularly care. If you know how to handle yourself around alcohol, that's one thing, but most American kids don't.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »

Well, I just had moonshine.
I don't think you quite understand the power of the White Lightning. That said, I know even the Freshmen at my High School tend to be drinkers. And smokers, of pretty much everything you can render smoke without killing yourself immediately.

I don't drink or smoke, and never plan to at any point in my life, so their behavior seems hilariously suicidal to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 08:33:53 pm »

It's not exactly easy for a 14 year old to become a serious alcoholic considering how hard it is for them to get alcohol and the fact that at 14 you have people who are pretty much legally obligated to help you with your addiction. Sure they might get totally shitfaced when they do get alcohol but that just makes them binge drinkers not alcoholics, two separate problems.

On the subject of alcohol anyone else here immune to hangovers? Regardless of how much I drink I always wake up the next morning bright and chipper.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:39:36 pm by Jreengus »
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 08:38:26 pm »

I say this a lot, but drinking time is happy time. It must be happy time before you start, or it will amplify whatever mood you're in.

Drinking to change your mood is a slippery slope towards dependency.

I'd kind of like a poll on it, but I'll just ask people. I hear people say drinking numbs your emotions and your thoughts. While I admit your mental ability is dramatically slowed, it is not gone. Does drinking 'numb' anyone's mood? It certainly doesn't numb my mood. If anything, it enhances whatever I'm currently feeling (though that's generally mellow or laughing, sometimes adventurous, always talkative, as I wouldn't start in otherwise)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:46 pm »

I guess I could add to this argument where my love of Mad Dog 20/20 comes from.  It was the first time I got drunk, in the back of my Dad's car sometime around Christmas, when me, him, and some family friends were passing a bottle around.  We had a footrace at a rest stop, and we all busted ass.

Me?  I was twelve years old.  Negative impression?  I don't think so.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 09:22:36 pm »

Bourbon, single-malt scotch and beer are the Holy Trinity of Booze. (Hence the song...)

I have to ask you what you mean by 'beer' as it's a very loose definition. Personally I prefer very good rum to bourbon. Has more depth.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2010, 09:43:19 pm »

I have an uncle who gives his 9 year old a bit of alcohol from time to time to make him go to sleep. Not like a can of beer, but a few sips. The kid's fine, aside from being hyperactive most of the time.

Though, personally, I shun alcohol as much as I shun cigarettes. Not to the point where I'd not hang out with those who do them, but I'm not touching either of them, and would rather have my friends cut down on both.

That and you can't really chug down a vodka like you do with a coke, so drinking alcohol doesn't seem to be a very fun pastime for me. Too many rules for something that's supposed to loosen you up.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:59:48 pm by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:21 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:52:48 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10