Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Who likes Booze ?  (Read 8110 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Who likes Booze ?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 06:07:58 pm »

Jesus H. Christ.  That is the best booze advertisement I've ever seen.  Mad Dog 20/20 - knock'ya out like Novocain.  Leave all your troubles behind, and everything else for that matter!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 06:17:08 pm »

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York.  This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark.  MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called "Mad Dog 20/20".  You'll find this beverage as often in a bum's nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink.  This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn't stop any bums from drinking it!  Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside.  Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain.  Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster.  Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop.

Dear God Man.
Okay, that sounds good. I think I finally found a drink worthy enough to call a Silver Bullet (A drink guaranteed to take me down in as few shots as possible during a full moon (When I'm unusually "bulletproof to alcohol")). I was a fan of Jagermeister, but I think I built up a resistance to it or something. It takes a good few shots/drinks to actually affect me noticeably; but I also noticed that it takes far more than I remember nowadays to feel the effects.

I'm not kidding, I have a resilient system regarding alcohol (or as you would call me, an expensive date). I mean, I haven't drank so much at my sister's wedding reception since ages ago (I'm not kidding, I think I was the heaviest drinker of everyone else there); the remainder time between then and before was maybe a beer occasionally every other week. Despite how much I had during the reception, I was still able to be aware of my surroundings, walk straight, and speak properly. If anything, I think I actually was more social too. And to top it off, by the end of the night, I was still safe for driving for the final stretch heading home (then again, I have also taken some time ages ago to train myself to be able to drive properly even when phased for any reason at all; just in case). Of course, by the time it was my turn to drive, I already sobered up enough before the night ended with minimal sobering assistance.

I'm up for the challenge to take this drink on. Sounds like my style of drink.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:20:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 06:21:00 pm »

You can get used to this stuff too. I routinely drink multiple bottles of it a day.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 06:21:21 pm »

Pah.  Everyone thinks they're a solid drunk, until they've downed a couple tall Pale Ales without standing up.  Then watch what happens when get up to take a piss, and you can't find the floor after falling over.

You can get used to this stuff too. I routinely drink multiple bottles of it a day.

I can only hope to God you mean little bottles.  I could stand the taste of the stuff after drinking a whole bottle in the course of a day.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 06:21:57 pm »

Americans who drink Leberkleister like its plastic bottle vodka make me want to move to Germany.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 06:25:30 pm »

I can only hope to God you mean little bottles.  I could stand the taste of the stuff after drinking a whole bottle in the course of a day.

Ill just say it's probably because I grew up on the stuff.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 07:22:17 pm »

Dark rum, Spiced rum, brandy, scotch, and ouzo (which is really hard to find here,) are my bullets of choice. I limit myself to one of anything nowadays, though, because I'm a recovered alcoholic. Mostly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 07:27:04 pm »

What spiced rum do you drink, Zero?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 07:28:23 pm »

Whatever I can afford at the time I buy.

Edit: Ideally, I pick up Kraken Black, but if I'm broke (which is usually the case,) I get Cap'n, which I mix.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:33:21 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 07:30:10 pm »

I haven't had too much time to experiment, but I like both the rough, 'nasty' tasting drinks, and the pansy lite stuff.

I like Jack, and I liked Maker's Mark, though it gave me the worst hangover I've ever had, like stomach flu bad. I like my beer dark (but not too dark), and my malt liquor tasty.

I'm mixed on vodka. By itself, it tastes both okay and bad. It tastes like the smell of alcohol pads, and makes me think of doctor's offices, but after an hour of drinking it's okay. I'm mixed because, (no pun intended), you can mix it with so much to make delicious drinks. Screwdrivers taste deceivingly non-alcoholic, up to about 1/3 of 80p.

Now you guys really make me want to sample some new things. I'm going to try my Heineken on Friday, though I really want to try Bacardi 151.

Fakeedit: I need to get my friend to make his warm spiced cider this winter. It is truly delicious.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »

As an ex pseudo-bartender, if you like dark but not too dark beer, try a) Killian's Irish Red, b) Saranac Black and Tan (NY area), c) Yuengling Black and Tan (midwest area).

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 07:51:59 pm »

I like pretty much everything, except maybe 2 types.
1. Cheap Beer, just can't stand the shit. Sadly, this means if I ever turn into a alcoholic I will be homeless as well.
2. Super-burning type of alcohol, ie. Tequila and likewise.

Everything else is a-ok in my book. Geeze, this thread makes me want to go pour a glass.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:03:19 pm by x2yzh9 »

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 07:53:17 pm »

Whatever I can afford at the time I buy.

Edit: Ideally, I pick up Kraken Black, but if I'm broke (which is usually the case,) I get Cap'n, which I mix.

Next time you're broke, look for the hula girl.

The secret to vodka is to put it in your freezer right under the vent. When the bottle frosts up when exposed to air, its a fantastic thing. I swear, I can taste the grain like that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 07:55:27 pm »

Gotta say this right offhand, because I didn't earlier. I don't condone underage drinking.

Also (I assume this is because of age,)
2. Super-burning type of beer, ie. Tequila and likewise.

Tequila =/= Beer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:01:20 pm by MaximumZero »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 07:57:21 pm »

I didn't try to compare Tequila to beer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10