Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Who likes Booze ?  (Read 8097 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Who likes Booze ?
« on: October 27, 2010, 03:03:50 pm »

I know I certainly do. I like proper ale, whiskey, rum and G&T.

I hate Bacardi. Cheap nasty shite. Fizzy cider too. hate it. Ugh.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Who likes Booze ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:18:14 pm »

I have never tried it, and I won't. I don't need to be even more stupid than I already am, or easier irritated, or forget even more, or be even more touchy feely...
You know what, I seem to be awfully lot like other people are when drunk when I'm not.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:33:58 pm »

Bourbon, single-malt scotch and beer are the Holy Trinity of Booze. (Hence the song...)

Gin is just straight f**kin' nasty. It's like drinking rubbing alcohol that someone marinated a cheap "pine tree air freshener" in.

Wine I can do, but I think the finer distinctions of wine are lost on my palate. It's like classical music or art -- I'm sure that with years of education and a self-conscious pretentiousness, I could be a wine connossieur. But it's just more interesting and flavorful to be a beer knurd.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:43:22 pm »

Good wine, beer (preferably czech), highquality damson destilate, whiskey.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:55:58 pm »

I drink cheap red wine; if its good enough for the finest professional soldiers in history, its good enough for me. I do like better wine, particularly nice cold riesling, or port. Spirits are different. I can rarely make up my mind between brandy (neat), vodka (near-frozen and neat), or rum (in a hot brown sugar-cinnamon grog, which must be Sailor Jerry; I do not drink with the Captain. I got one bottle and was sorely disappointed). And while I do like a fine bourbon, I can't afford the pleasure of high shelf stuff, and Jim and Jack have a stigma of alcoholism about them.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 03:58:32 pm »

I drink cheap fortified wine. Everyone around me says I might as well be drinking gasoline but I love the stuff so...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 04:01:24 pm »

I'll drink a lot of different stuff. My favourites are absinthe/sambuca or mead.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 04:14:49 pm »

First time I got drunk was from Brandy, further few times were from Rum, So those are probably my favorites.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 04:16:02 pm »

I have never tried it, and I won't. I don't need to be even more stupid than I already am, or easier irritated, or forget even more, or be even more touchy feely...
Same.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 04:17:25 pm »

I generally just drink a decent dark beer with food, Guinness or the like. Miller High Life or malt liquor for getting drunk, if vodka's not available. Only had one good wine, some pricy dry champagne given to my grandparents for their fiftieth anniversary by some wine-snob friend of theirs. Rest of the wine/champagne I've had has been shit, but then I suppose it wasn't dry, and that may well be the defining line. Budweiser falls in with the wine (hilariously, Budweiser is more of a piss-weak rice wine than a beer) as far as taste goes. Alcopops are disgusting swill, tasting like gutter-rate gum flavored with old tires and antifreeze.

Only had one hard liquor that wasn't good though: grape burnett's vodka a friend bought to fuck with my head. The rest's been more or less decent.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 05:00:58 pm »

I love quite a few different drink : Belgian beers, who are in themselves a world, rakia/grappa, wine, in general, and hydromel/other weird fermented stuff.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 05:05:09 pm »

I go by on Dutch and Belgian beers exclusively. There's too much choice within that category alone :)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 05:05:54 pm »

I drink cheap fortified wine. Everyone around me says I might as well be drinking gasoline but I love the stuff so...

Mad Dog 20/20 rocks, don't diss yourself.

I've moved on to Jack&Coke and Beam&Pepsi myself.  And dark beers and ales of course.  I've learned how to make Colorado Mudslides, but that's a little heavy for ordinary drinking.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:12 pm »

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York.  This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark.  MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called "Mad Dog 20/20".  You'll find this beverage as often in a bum's nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink.  This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn't stop any bums from drinking it!  Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside.  Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain.  Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster.  Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop.

Dear God Man.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 05:53:20 pm »

It's good shit man. Don't knock it till you've had it. And for that editor, I LIKE the citrus flavor. So there.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10