Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Poisonous/Exploding/Igniting/Melting Weapons  (Read 19035 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Poisonous/Exploding/Igniting/Melting Weapons
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 07:19:55 pm »

Anybody know how hot fire is? Also, i'm editing the first post now to include everything we've come up with.

EDIT: nevermind. just realized i'm not the post starter. funny how memory works
I believe that fire goes up to the [HEEATDAM] point or whatever that tag is.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 07:37:18 pm »

If it succesful then you are awesome.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."
My point still stands.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 08:32:57 am »

this is cool. err, warm.

posting to watch more stuff, maybe add some of my own.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 03:16:18 pm »

Huh, been awhile since I last seen this thread.

May as well update the first post with our findings.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 03:52:49 pm »

Well, that's pretty damn awesome.
くコ:彡

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 07:29:59 am »

This is relevant to my interests (exploding ammo). Was hoping to create an arrow that did something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIi4Fe6jRHo

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2011, 05:20:04 am »

Added explodium to the inorganic_metal RAW file (including the [ITEMS_AMMO] tag) and created a custom reaction through the kiln to create explodium from lignite. The reaction is working correctly, but I'm unable to physically craft bolts from the explodium that is created. Any advice?

*Edit:
Messed around a bit and I believe I discovered the culprit. Apparently if/when you create a reaction for a metal object you can't use the POWDER_MISC type, it has to be BAR.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Edit x2:
In order to make the explodium bolts work more efficiently and less chaotically I altered the HOMEOTHERM number of the civ creatures in my current version of DF. Through this manner I was able to make it so that bolts wouldn't magically ignite on me while my adventurer travels through a hot, jungle forest, but will still burst into flames once impaled in a creature. My next step will probably be to create a custom crossbow that uses the custom igniting ammo (explodium) and make it so that only Dwarves are able to use both. I might not have actual exploding ammunition (yet), but it will cause increased bleed damage due to the melting of body parts.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:07:42 pm by Pride »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:59 pm »

I need to follow this.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 12:50:59 am »

What if you created a material that ignited at room temperature, but didn't have a heat damage or melting point?  It would perpetually be on fire and never burn out, right?

Now, if you created a civ of fireimmune creatures and gave them a reaction to smelt this material, would you get invaders with flaming swords?  :D

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 01:49:48 am »

What if you created a material that ignited at room temperature, but didn't have a heat damage or melting point?  It would perpetually be on fire and never burn out, right?

Now, if you created a civ of fireimmune creatures and gave them a reaction to smelt this material, would you get invaders with flaming swords?  :D

Oh. Oh dear. That kind of "goblinite" would be difficult to get off your map. You'd have to make sure they didn't have cloth clothes.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:14 am »

Oh. Oh dear. That kind of "goblinite" would be difficult to get off your map. You'd have to make sure they didn't have cloth clothes.
  You could give them Armour made from the same stuff "!!FUN!!"

I Think I'm finally getting used to the forum...way of thinking....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:07:20 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2011, 02:26:11 am »

You could give them Armour made from the same stuff "!!FUN!!"

I Think I'm finally getting used to the forum...way of thinking....

Looks that way. My condolences ;)

On topic: Hmmm... If it were valuable enough, thieves might haul it off your map for you. Best make a fireimmune thief race as well.
[/quote]

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »

For some reason i cant get any of these to work. i've tried in the arena and in adventure. they just act like regular bolts. I've got temperature on so i dont know what's wrong.

Any ideas?

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2011, 02:49:00 pm »

No one has any ideas?

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 07:30:13 pm »

For some reason i cant get any of these to work. i've tried in the arena and in adventure. they just act like regular bolts. I've got temperature on so i dont know what's wrong.

Any ideas?

Well, as stated in the last paragraph on my OP, the Arena is unreliable in terms of triggering the bolts, although the bolts *should* be igniting/melting immediately, so I'm unsure of what is happening there. Are you sure the bolts are 'Explodium/Virium/Doomium' Bolts, are implemented properly into the raws, and are they equipped on dwarves (Or other beings with at least HOMEOTHERM:10067), and do those dwarves have no other armor (Notably gloves) that could be interfering with the process?

I also haven't tried to test it in Adventure mode extensively. Material properties, most notably fire and ignition, tend to act strangely there. The only place I have gotten it to consistently work is in fortress mode (Via custom reactions and having hunters shoot Deer and Eagles). Of course it's still plausible that something in the last few version updates may have changed how these things are handled. If it still doesn't work, well, I don't know what to say  :-X
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:32:27 pm by CrimsonEon »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6