Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Should I just stop talking to this girl?  (Read 26289 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Should I just stop talking to this girl?
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 07:12:27 pm »

Date her for a while. Have a nasty break up in front of her dad.
On it

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 07:14:26 pm »

There's an achievement for knocking her up before you dump her.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »

There's an achievement for knocking her up before you dump her.
Shit, thanks for telling me!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 08:03:22 pm »

It's not all implausible. I dated a girl for 4 years. A week before her period and during her period, she'd be reaaaaallly cranky and hate me for no reason. And then apologize profusely for her behavior later on.
And knows it and does nothing about it and on top of it uses it as an apology to really really behave like an asshole? Sounds like my past four and a half years!

And then girls wonder why men make stupid comments about women on their periods.  ::)

I'm all for equality and gender correctness, but seriously, bleeding for four days in a row and not dying IS pretty damn creepy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 08:27:28 pm »

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 08:33:31 pm »

Whaddup? PMS'ing? :D

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:15 pm »

I'm a guy, but good to see that you think anyone is offended by your notion that 'women use their periods as excuses to really really behave like assholes' must be female.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2010, 08:48:20 pm »

First thing I did was to check your profile, which states you are male, but nevertheless it makes sense :D So no flowerpot there.

Also I never said women generally use their periods as excuses for anything. Some are totally fine while they menstruate, some go all exorcist on your ass. In a totally unhealthy and noticeable way.

And menstruating IS NOT an excuse for behaving like an asshole. If you cant cope with your hormones, dont make other people pay for it. Simple as that. Everybody got their cross to bear.

edit:
Just to clarify, stating eventual vulnerability, kindly and gently asking for help and acceptance is ok.
Throwing furniture for no reason is not.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:51:00 pm by Puck »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 08:48:54 pm »

>.> While I'm sure that haveing their period does cause hormonal inbalances in women, to quote my mother "Women who use 'pmsing' as an excuse to act bitchy insult us all"
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:49 pm »

Thank you, KaguroDraven's mom.

She knows what I mean.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 10:35:07 pm »

where the fuck are we at now? close this dump.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 05:17:10 pm »

Welp.

Okay, new problem! Whenever I try to start a conversation with her, she just goes "Mhm" or nods/shakes her head. What the fuck? This is starting to annoy me, I really like her, but her being Bi-Polar.

Fuck, I bet there's a quote about this somewhere. Any advice?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 05:18:39 pm »

Whenever I try to start a conversation with her, she just goes "Mhm" or nods/shakes her head. What the fuck? This is starting to annoy me, I really like her, but her being Bi-Polar.

Just like "bleeds everywhere" is not a good explanation for disinterest in you, "is bipolar" isn't either.  She doesn't want to spend time with you, mate.  You're annoying her.  You need to back off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 05:23:01 pm »

Whenever I try to start a conversation with her, she just goes "Mhm" or nods/shakes her head. What the fuck? This is starting to annoy me, I really like her, but her being Bi-Polar.

Just like "bleeds everywhere" is not a good explanation for disinterest in you, "is bipolar" isn't either.  She doesn't want to spend time with you, mate.  You're annoying her.  You need to back off.

Or it could be her bipolar disorder.

I don't know anything about girls, but maybe relate to her that you have some issues yourself?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 05:54:14 pm »

Need to back off. Hm, interesting. I'd take that to heart if it wasn't so..Vague. I don't know how long I need to just back off and get away from her before she acts to me un-bitch-like(Ie. Doesn't give one-word responses to everything.)
Also, hold on, I have a picture somewhere of her that she took of herself on my phone.

Yea, just to give you an idea of what she's like on a daily basis. She alternates from this to complete bitch. You'll have to look at it sideways.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm starting to feel like this is a thread to vent. Ergh.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:11:09 pm by x2yzh9 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6