Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Crusader Kings: El kingo of spaino.  (Read 8037 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings: Heathens and Germans. Heathen Germans.
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 04:09:42 am »

My starting count had six daughters.  Six, count 'em six.  Zero sons.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 04:30:08 am »

That's when you institute that one succession law that lets females inherit, though I guess it is a mod anyway.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 06:39:53 am »

My Sicilian King, Tired of dealing with being the King of Jerusalem and wanting to focus back home due to several of his dukes wanting to secede decided to name a Loyal Duke of his bloodline to the Throne in the Holy lands...

Needless to say my king dies later. (No sons so a brother was named King) The Kingdom of Jerusalem, under what I think was some half baked claim on the Throne of Sicily, Declares war on me.  Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh I'd think the Holy Kingdom would be a bit more focused on trying to commit genocide upon the Muslims then trying war with the very Kingdom that they owe their existence to.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2010, 07:08:49 am »

I gave up my Sicilian kingdom after my vassal Genoa started a war with Germany.  Since they were miles and miles away I had to rely on vassals to fight and they all immediately mobilized under AI control and just sat there, so I didn't have any soldiers to work with and the main kingdom doodz I sent were wiped out by attrition before they could get into range.
Shoes...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2010, 07:32:18 am »

Last game I started as koloneia, a small county in the eastern byzantine empire. Gaining independence was, as always at the borders of the byzantine empire, quite easy and fast. Then I spent 3 or 4 generations surviving and slowly expanding in the pagan and muslim lands. At the end I had some provinces and several vassals, with a couple of duchy titles. a small regional power which hit its maximum expansion when borders collided with turks.

Then , I see that Byzantium is ruled by an old emperor and has elective law. And all the vassals have, at most, 1 province. Needless to say, I pledge allegiance, and few years later I am the new emperor, and I change the law so that my sons inherit. I retake Constantinople and push the turks back to the borders of the map, marking my entrance in the great world powers. I even conquered the kingdom of sicily, as a first step on the path to rebuild the former empire.

Elective law can be exploited sooo easily.

unluckily, such a sudden expansion can lead to problems with rebellion, but when your own provinces can gather more than 150K soldiers, it is quite easy to deal with them. Also, it build prestige quickly since some rebelling counts claim all your titles when they go to war.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2010, 12:29:56 pm »

Sicily is in its death throes, I can feel it.  My stupid heir won't have any kids because I guess he's gay or something, I had his old wife assassinated and replaced with a lusty young thing, but he still just won't go, my Sicilian provinces are revolting because of religious differences, and Germany is still kicking my ass.

Good news, Mathilde finally died, so there's that.

I'm in full on Take Everyone With Me mode and have mobilized all my thousands of forces to march on Germany's heartland.  I figure once I collapse I'll start a new game with my most recent save to continue the world.  If I win the war against Germany I might start declaring war on my claims hoping to cause an early World War via spiraling alliances.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2010, 01:01:43 pm »

Good luck with that. It seem that in my game no one honors alliances anymore, everyone is breaking them and all the kingdoms are isolationist.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2010, 04:27:40 am »

Okay that was unexpected, I decided to take a look at My ally's (King of France & England) family tree...

Apparently my Family at some point took the Throne of France...

Tracing Inheritance it looks like the Root of this Italian King of France is the Hauteville I named Duke of Calabria...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2010, 09:27:25 am »

Is there an actual 'family tree' capability that I am unaware of, or are you just paging through characters?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 12:33:06 am »

So after having my line die out I went and got DVIP...

I am not seeing why you guys all say it is needed. Am I missing something because it does not seem to make the game that much more fun, and quite frankly when I added the add-on to it it quickly became LOL RANDUM EVENT TIME WHAT HAPPENS NOW!!!!111!0

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2010, 03:00:53 pm »

So after having my line die out I went and got DVIP...

I am not seeing why you guys all say it is needed. Am I missing something because it does not seem to make the game that much more fun, and quite frankly when I added the add-on to it it quickly became LOL RANDUM EVENT TIME WHAT HAPPENS NOW!!!!111!0
What are you talking about? It's awesome.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 03:56:13 pm »

Why. What does it do? It seems to do very little.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 08:39:20 pm »

Why. What does it do? It seems to do very little.
Mostly, it's just flavor and bugfixes, along with some semblance of historical accuracy. Brilliant Spanish, by the way. They have some good addons, as well.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings: El kingo of spaino.
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 08:46:05 pm »

Ah.

I dislike the addons but the bug fixes and what not are okay.

Not to sure about the historical accuracy, some people must like it but the game feels not as finely tuned with it.

Brilliant Spanish, by the way.

If I had wanted to learn Spanish I would most likely have higher grades then I do now.  :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings: El kingo of spaino.
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »

If you want to cause some chaos, try assassinating the head of any family using Gavelkind or Semi-Salc Gavelkind inheratance law. Watch the lulz ensue.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6