Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mayor hasn't noticed his demand being met.  (Read 1839 times)

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Mayor hasn't noticed his demand being met.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 03:35:31 am »

when he really irritates me bury him with a bunch of zinc traction benches.
Boiling zinc! Do it!
Because zinc is the only metal which is not only melted, but boiled by magma. Its vapors are deadly.

Wait, has the !!science!! been done?  Boiling zinc vapors!?  Has then been weaponized yet?

We have weaponized the embodiment of cuteness to slay a giant statue of living bronze.  We have designed hammer traps to chaingun kittens at attacking forces.  Who the hell do you think we are?
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 06:22:57 am »

Nah, if you've got magma with zinc near enough to enemies as to make vapors poison them, you could just skip a step and burn them alive. Using zinc vapors is totally meaningless, underproductive and absolutely dangerous.

I'm eagerly waiting for the first fortress to use this.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 06:42:30 am »

Just the occasional export ban on hoods and a lot of mandates for traction benches.  Which helps me finish my hospital.  Once my hospital is finished though I'm just going to start making them out of zinc [his favorite metal] and then giving him a zinc tomb and then when he really irritates me bury him with a bunch of zinc traction benches.
My last baroness wanted a rose gold statue in her tomb... on a map where I'd found/imported zero gold and therefore couldn't comply. I let it run along for as great a duration as possible, then built a door on her tomb, added a lever attached to nothing, set the profile of the lever to the baroness alone, commanded that the lever be pulled, and then locked the door to the tomb once she went inside to pull the Lever of Mystery.

...and then assigned the tomb to another noble. Some time passed, with the baroness happily pulling the lever, then unhappily pulling the lever, then pulling the lever and trying desperately to find food and drink, and finally not pulling the lever any more. At that point, I opened the door, had the offending vermin buried in a commoner's plot, and went on with my fort.

Nobles: They can ask for whatever they want. I'm going to give them what they need.

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 06:43:52 am »

Using zinc vapors is totally meaningless, underproductive and absolutely dangerous.

This is basically the only reason anybody does anything around here.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 09:05:28 am »

We have weaponized the embodiment of cuteness to slay a giant statue of living bronze.  We have designed hammer traps to chaingun kittens at attacking forces.  Who the hell do you think we are?
Can I sig?
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 07:47:55 pm »

He doesn't want the door to be on the outside where any common dwarf can see it.  This is HIS zinc door, for his use alone, and has to be completely within the room.  You need to build the door inside the room, attached to one of the room inside walls, and then set the door as 'internal'.

Interesting.  I ran into this bug tonight as well.  I had to simply hang the door off one of the walls of the room and it counted (I didn't even need to set it as 'internal').  I shoved it over in one of the corners and pretended it was a statue of a door...

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 08:11:25 pm »

Nah, if you've got magma with zinc near enough to enemies as to make vapors poison them, you could just skip a step and burn them alive. Using zinc vapors is totally meaningless, underproductive and absolutely dangerous.

And that's why it must be done.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22:01 pm »

NECROMANCER! THOU SHALT BURN FOR ETERNITY*!

*Or until the thread dies again
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 [2]