Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Floating Down Ramp  (Read 401 times)

Wnderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Floating Down Ramp
« on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:19 pm »

I have an adamantine puzzle. I found a tube of adamantine surrounded by magma so the only access point is above it but above the access point is an underground sea. So all I get are damp rocks and hot rocks. I tried using a cave in to fill in an area of the sea but the cave in just made dirty water. Whats weird though is after the cave in I have a couple of down ramps just floating space in with no up ramp attachments and nothing above or below them. I was wondering if this is a known bug before I try and report it.

I going to try a system of pumps to pump magma into the sea. I haven't used magma since 40d so it should be interesting.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Floating Down Ramp
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 08:49:56 pm »

This is an old bug.

If they irritate you you can build a wall or a ramp underneath them and then unbuild it to get rid of the downramps.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Floating Down Ramp
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:29:28 pm »

I have an adamantine puzzle. I found a tube of adamantine surrounded by magma so the only access point is above it but above the access point is an underground sea. So all I get are damp rocks and hot rocks. I tried using a cave in to fill in an area of the sea but the cave in just made dirty water. Whats weird though is after the cave in I have a couple of down ramps just floating space in with no up ramp attachments and nothing above or below them. I was wondering if this is a known bug before I try and report it.

I going to try a system of pumps to pump magma into the sea. I haven't used magma since 40d so it should be interesting.

Drain the water into the HFS?
"Extinction is not an option."