Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pump operating with labor disabled  (Read 630 times)

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
Pump operating with labor disabled
« on: January 22, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

I've built a pump, enabled pump operating on one of siege operators, but he didn't come to pump. 'Why?' thinks me. I lloked into unit list and saw, that my siege engineer went to pump, so, I quickly disabled pump operating labor for him. Despite this, he marrily went all the long way to the pump and started pumping. I have a save if needed.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Javis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pump operating with labor disabled
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:45:00 am »

From your description, he began the pumping job before you disabled it in his labor preferences.  Try removing him from the job in the unit or job menu.  He won't pump again.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:10:00 am »

Well, of course it works, but... He (well, she, actually) was on the freaking half-map-long way to the pump, when I disabled her pumping labor.
Checked with other... yep, they just funish their current job before they notice, that that labor is disabled.
It is very annoying, that dwarves would cancel doing (or going to) their work as soon as they are just a little thirsty, but not when I order them NOT to do this kind of job...
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

Javis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 04:44:00 am »

To get the dwarf to stop in the middle of the job, scroll down to them in the  (j)obs or (u)nits menu then (r)emove them from it.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 07:00:00 am »

I know ths, but it's still a bug.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:42:00 am »

The labors indicate what jobs a dwarf will start.  The behaviour is well understood, it's expected, so I don't think its a bug.  Perhaps a missing feature.  

I agree with the suggestion that disabling a labor option for a dwarf should cancel any current job that uses that labor, to save us from going to the job menu.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 05:21:00 am »

I'd say, that stopping started job isn't that neccesary. But if he didn't even reached the place, where job is located, and therefore didn't actually started any work...
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 03:55:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dorten:
<STRONG>I'd say, that stopping started job isn't that neccesary. But if he didn't even reached the place, where job is located, and therefore didn't actually started any work...</STRONG>

Under the current setup, though, a job is started as soon as a dwarf gets a foggy notion that he might want to work on it someday, maybe, if he doesn't get thirsty on the way.  This causes all sorts of pain.  Like what you describe.