Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trapping the Untrappable? -spoilers-  (Read 1673 times)

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trapping the Untrappable? -spoilers-
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:46:06 am »

I've used World Tinker 3 to export the world save data, I've successfully found all the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
data and removed their [TRAPAVOID] tags.  I imported the file back and started the game.  They're still gliding over cage traps effortlessly.  Is their [TRAPAVOID] hard-coded in some other manner then just the one token or am I using the utility incorrectly?  Or is there some other token I need to remove?
Cage traps are my magma.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Trapping the Untrappable? -spoilers-
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:06:34 am »

Strange, it worked for me with a plains titan (he emenated an aura of giving and kindness!). Only removed trapavoid and added pet. Maybe tinker wont notice and changes in the file unless you add something?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:09:28 am »

It might be the fact that they can fly.

That's just a guess, though.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:57:01 am »

Even if they fly if there is a ceiling over you can trap flying.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:49:27 am »

It might be the fact that they can fly.

That's just a guess, though.

yeah and my last few forts I've been trapping giant eagles without a ceiling just fine.
Cage traps are my magma.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 08:38:05 pm »

*bump*

If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.  I have that fort shelved for the time being but I'm anxious to get back to it.
Cage traps are my magma.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 11:30:29 am »

I couldn't catch cave swallow men before beating them unconsincous, but managed to catch other flying creature (Modded creature made by me, mostly just a flying whale. Yes.) fine. A wild guess, maybe intelligence prevents trapping somehow. Because, y'know, they are smart enough not to fly directly into traps.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 03:14:14 pm »

I couldn't catch cave swallow men before beating them unconsincous, but managed to catch other flying creature (Modded creature made by me, mostly just a flying whale. Yes.) fine. A wild guess, maybe intelligence prevents trapping somehow. Because, y'know, they are smart enough not to fly directly into traps.

Well, if you mean simply flying around them no, they can't do that.  It's a single tile hallway full of traps.  But if you're saying the intelligent token makes them avoid flying into traps even if they pass into the same square as a trap... I shall have to take a look at that.  Thanks.

I don't see any sort of intelligent token on a lot of them, but what does the [DEMON] tag do?  Could that be the culprit?  And if I remove it, how badly would it screw them up?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:31:48 pm by Drakeero »
Cage traps are my magma.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »

Im not sure what the demon tag actualy does, non-random modded demons with just fine without it.

Also, nothing wrong with expirimenting, just make plenty backups.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 05:32:11 pm »

The Intelligent tag does not mean they think better, it allowes them to speak and have civillisations because it is [CAN_CIV], [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK] in one tag.

EDIT: Forgot one tag that is in [INTELLIGENT]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:28:52 pm by bluephoenix »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 05:36:57 pm »

Im not sure what the demon tag actualy does, non-random modded demons with just fine without it.

?

I'm pretty sure the demon-, FB-, and titan-specific tokens do nothing as of 31.xx.  I might be wrong on the demons, though (haven't tried).  I remember trying to add a few custom titans/FBs and having no success.  The raw parser didn't understand the tokens.  It'd be nice if Toady opened those up to the raws.  Right now they seem to be worldgen-only, which ruins my plan to eventually populate hell with mostly Doom monsters.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 06:02:27 pm »

?

I'm pretty sure the demon-, FB-, and titan-specific tokens do nothing as of 31.xx.  I might be wrong on the demons, though (haven't tried).  I remember trying to add a few custom titans/FBs and having no success.  The raw parser didn't understand the tokens.  It'd be nice if Toady opened those up to the raws.  Right now they seem to be worldgen-only, which ruins my plan to eventually populate hell with mostly Doom monsters.

Can't you just set the number of demon types in worldgen to the number of Doom demons you want to add, then gen the world, use World Tinker to access the demon raws, and simply edit them after they've been genned?
Cage traps are my magma.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 06:14:52 pm »

Well, if you mean simply flying around them no, they can't do that.  It's a single tile hallway full of traps.  But if you're saying the intelligent token makes them avoid flying into traps even if they pass into the same square as a trap... I shall have to take a look at that.  Thanks.

I don't see any sort of intelligent token on a lot of them, but what does the [DEMON] tag do?  Could that be the culprit?  And if I remove it, how badly would it screw them up?

Both passed trough a pathway filled with cage traps in similar fashion. It was just a wild guess, I really don't know crap about modding.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 06:27:47 pm »

Well, I'm looking up and down the raws trying to figure out how to get them trappable.  As said I do NOT have a military to handle them.  I would prefer to cage them.  But if nothing else can be done I will simply have to use the nuke button on Runesmith.

I prematurely released the demons with a DFReveal screw up.
Cage traps are my magma.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 06:40:52 pm »

Can't you just set the number of demon types in worldgen to the number of Doom demons you want to add, then gen the world, use World Tinker to access the demon raws, and simply edit them after they've been genned?

Probably.  That requires extra work every time I start a new world, though, as opposed to just once.  It's also a workaround for something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place.  Thanks, though.  I might try that next time I get around to playing/modding.
Pages: [1] 2