Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Chrononauts - I've got all the time in the world. (Turn 5)  (Read 5896 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts - Time is running out!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 11:35:04 am »

Uuupdaatee?  :D

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts - Time is running out!
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 03:10:13 pm »

France

André Dupont travels back to the mid 1760s, arriving in a prosperous albeit somewhat troubled Paris. He arrives outside a tailor, walks inside, and orders a new coat. Then he wanders about the city, buying a knife off a street merchant. He relaxes on a bench near a fountain, keeping an eye on the front door of the tailor. He settles in for a bit of a wait, enjoying the sights and sounds of the large French city.

Mexico

Adolfo Gonzales travels back in time and hops on a plane destined for Boston. On the way, he outlines his plan in his mind, and chats casually with the people around him in Spanish.

USA

Desmond Blue timejacks onto a plane in the past traveling to La Maddalena, Italy. He walks out of the bathroom and takes an empty seat, no one on the plane any the wiser of his intrusion.

China

Liu Fong jumps back to Y2K and acquires a QBZ-95, with 2 spare magazines.

Japan

Piet Pompies travels back to the 1920s. He wanders casually over to where a man is speaking before a very large audience. He makes his way through the crowd, grabbing an iron bar on his way towards the stage.

All other countries do not take an action.

Turn 1 is over! Character creation is closed! Please ponder and submit your next action.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm, continue with current action and then time travel ten years and 3 months into the future to escape pursuers when it is done?

P.S. I love how you made the colours of the names like the colours of their flags.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:40:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will have some trouble with that when Australia gets a turn, probably. Remember, PM me actions, don't post them in the thread!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I don't want to pm them.  :(

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I will have some trouble with that when Australia gets a turn, probably.
Which would be now! Hadn't noticed the new thread... ah well.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I almost forgot to send an action in, thanks to no thread updates.

Onwards, for the glory of rewriting history randomly!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uuupdate?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Aaaaw, I wanted to Join!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mexico

Adolfo Gonzales walks along the streets of Boston 1773. He finds a hut on the outskirts of town, with a wooden sign proclaiming it to be the home of a WITƆH DOƆTOR. He walks inside, where a woman in rags is reading a scrap of paper with a small lens. She glances up and scrutinizes him closely, looking him up and down. He picks up a small sack labeled "cure for thy warped & broken skinne" off the shelf and walks up to her. He drops a single gold piece on the table, and walks outside, whistling.

France

André Dupont perks up as a man strolls into the tailor with a few others. He gets up from the bench and follows him inside. As the man orders a new set of clothes, he walks up behind him and slits his throat, then stabs him in the eye and neck repeatedly. As screams begin to erupt around him, he strolls hurriedly out, putting the bloodied knife in his shirt. He immediately rounds the corner into an alley and ponders his next move.

Japan

Piet Pompies strolls casually onto the stage. Murmurs begin to break out below, and Piet notices a few people pushing through the crowd as he walks up to the man on-stage, who stops talking and stares at him. Raising his bar, he deals the man a savage blow across the face, knocking him down. He leaps on top of him and begins beating him brutally, crushing his skull and throat, before stabbing him in the eye with the sharper end of the bar. People holding guns surround him, shouting angrily.

Australia

Ranic Thorbert jumps back a year. Most of the wreckage is still the same, and he can see missiles streaking overhead. He quickly absconds to a safer position, seeking out a government building, but it appears they have all already been leveled.

USA

Desmond Blue jumps back to the 1790s and seeks out a polished artillery piece. Pulling himself under it unnoticed, he fiddles around inside it, then slides back out and retreats to a safe distance. Taking out a pair of Boy Scouts Binoculars, he peers at the artillery piece as several figures approach it from the distance.

China

Liu Fong takes a bus to Yan'an.

Turn 2 is over! ]The timeline has changed!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:38:49 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drop the bloody iron bar and then jump to the year 2020. Try to look inconspicious and find out how history has changed via public library or public internet terminal.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Liu Fong left the bus, gazing around the area with only mild interest. After having spent far too much time listening to some clown complaining about his life, he had arrived at Yan'an, former capital of Communist China. His began walking, his gun securely hidden in his duffel bag. Walking into a dark alley, he shifted back in time.

If his sources were correct, Mao Zedong was here in the city. All he had to do was kill him. The resulting chaos would, he hoped, allow Nationalist China to sweep into communist-held lands with ease, and then present a unified front to withstand the Japanese invasion. Though unlikely, perhaps China would even cause Japan to fold out of the war early, and prevent the world from seeing the devastation of nuclear weapons.

Travel back to 1935 to begin an assassination of Mao Zedong, and as many of his subordinates in high leadership positions as possible.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I was just busy and unmotivated.

Mexico

Adolfo walks up to the white house. Slipping through time, he walks in it after it is destroyed in 2021, then reappears in his chosen time in George Washington's dining room. A maid is currently setting out food, the guests soon to arrive. As she steps out, Adolfo hurries up and dumps the bag into his soup, stirring it thoroughly. Hours later, George Washington is dead from severe arsenic poisoning. Adolfo sits outside, contemplating his next move.

USA

Desmond Blue watches as Napoleon and his entourage stroll up to the artillery piece and inspect it. As Napoleon leans over to inspect it, it blows up in his face, killing him and those around him instantly. Desmond does a silent fist pump and looks around for a way to escape.

Australia

Ranic Thorbert jumps back five more years, to 2044. Still not enough, however. The situation is the same. He manages to catch a scrap of paper, though, which turns out to be an Australian propaganda poster for the war. It seems Australia followed the USA and Great Britain into battle.

France

André Dupont travels to France, 2010. He takes a plane to Moscow, Russia, where he finds, to his frustration, that the Americans still won the Revolutionary War.

China

Liu Fong jumps back to 1935, where the alleyway he was using for cover is presently a house. Thankfully, the residents are not home, and he slips out through a window unnoticed and begins skulking around the city. After retracing his steps through time multiple times, he manages to find Mao Zedong touring the city, and takes up a perch on top of a building, taking careful aim.

Japan

Piet Pompies jumps to 2020 and looks around. Little seems different. Japan has still abstained from joining the nuclear war, and has been as yet unfired upon. So Piet accesses a computer terminal in a library and does a little research where he finds, to his frustration, that while physics was set back significantly, the nuclear bomb was still invented.

Turn 3 is over! The timeline has changed! (changes will take effect later)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:38:35 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4