Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26683 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

3 hours survival:Eat.
3 hours revival Sleep
18 hours work: butcher

OOOOOOO0OOOOOOOO0OOOOOOO
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:25:37 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, no beard then.

When do I join?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, I never thought to check my character sheet from the first page, as I was the last to enter. I went with (5) farming, (2) brewer/cook, and (1) weaving.

I'll spend any extra time from the previous day threshing.

Thats still only 8. Where are the two extra points????

Well, no beard then.

When do I join?
It will be mid season, but If I remember right there is 4 or 5 migrants that will be looking to come so a D4 (or D5) will be rolled, the result is the amount that make the trip and then each Migrant is given a number with another XDX *X being the result, and then those numbers will be coming, so for example a D4 is rolled and a 3 comes up, only three migrants will be coming. all four of them are assigned the numbers 1 - 4 in a random order and then 4D3s are rolled to decide whom comes when. This is a fair method so those that join later are not forced to wait forever...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

^That's two in Brewer and two in Cook

Shade's Standard Schedule, Day 5: THE DAY THE SKY BLED

EMPEROR SHADE DECREES THAT EVERYONE SHALL HAVE PLUMP HELMETS AND BEER FOR BREAKFAST, WHILE HAVING HARDTACK AND RUM FOR LUNCH AND DINNER.

3 Hours of Survival - Breakfast, Lunch and Supper.
-Get to know Irony. They may be a doltish Metal, but I can sense something deeper.
-I support Arkon's bid for military command.
13 Hours of Work
13 Hour - Use my sharpened pick to carve into that cliffside excavation, if I'm working on the cliff edge wear safety gear.
1 Hour - Go take records of the day.
8 Hours of Revival - Sleeping at night, waking at dawn.

Starting at dawn (6am)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(May change in event of wounding, combat, incarceration or insanity)

SQUAD BROKEN
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:07:15 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Looking forward to the migration; we should have a military force to be reckoned with! :D
THE DWARVEN WAR MACHINE WILL GO CLANK CLANK CLANK

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^That's two in Brewer and two in Cook
Yes.
(5) Farmer
(2) Brewer
(2) Cook (I'll cook something after the dead animals have been properly butchered.)
(1) Weaving

EMPEROR SHADE DECREES THAT EVERYONE SHALL HAVE PLUMP HELMETS AND BEER FOR BREAKFAST, WHILE HAVING HARDTACK AND RUM FOR LUNCH AND DINNER.
Aw, lemmie have run for breakfast, and the beer with lunch. Please?

I abstain from voting for whatever military position Arkon is going for. It doesn't really matter who's protecting us, so long as someone is.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

Okay, you have have them in whatever order you like, but you will have a 1 to 2 ratio. It's to help maintain sanity, see.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok kinda not happy that not everyone has posted their actions for the day, but you live due to me being buggered from work to even attempt to start rolling any dice...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

woops thats me isnt it. Seems out of character

Revival: 3 hours enjoying my meals slowly and savourously, looking over other dwarfs shoulders as they work and micromanaging them. (you may put words in my mouth for comedic effect)
Work: minor tasks. 2 hours Installing the door to keep out the cold. 2 hours leisurely stroll checking my snares,  5 hours on a hatch 4 hours installing beds underground and helping with the butchering.
Recovery:8hours sleep

(EDIT: Updated actions, woulda done it earlier but my power went out)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:58:31 am by Hastur »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just FYI Maxi, Butchering is like a Full day job, it took you 2 hours to just SKIN a Corpse then there is carving the meat from it then removing the meat from the bones from the remains. Each taking a certain amount of Time. At the moment you have a 4 Day dead Deer and a 3 Day dead boar...

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

4 hours of Survival
16 hours of Work: digging a 5x4 room for Nirur's farms, branching off the main road in the second z-level. It will also be upgraded to be a drowner and the only passage to emergency vault as my pet project for next two weeks.
4 hours of Revival

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

NAME:: Gasol Keldobar
USERNAME:: MaximumZero
DEITY:: Tobul Granitegorge
PERSONALITY:: Metal
SKILLS:: Armorsmith (Adequate [2]), Weaponsmith (Competent [3]), Metalcrafter (Adequate [2]), Furnace Operator (Novice [1]), Miner (Novice [1]), Appraiser (Novice [1])
ITEMS:: Toolset (all 500 ☼s)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:51:02 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Sorry. Like I said, if I'm hanging things up just auto me to cut wood.

6 hours Revival
3 hours Survival
15 hours chopping down trees
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You made it, still had to work today so people can easily get their posts in. Starting rolls shortly...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, Work was hectic today, too sleepy...
Will work on it tomorrow ok...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27