Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26711 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

According to my D10, we are 'Good Friends'.

-I carefully consider Etur's offer and request, but tell him to get back to me later.

-I stare blankly at Torish. Ral only gave me the authority to hand out rations. I had not even considered taking over the textile industry. If I could do that, why stop there? All the world is there for the taking...  I tell her that I trust her judgement and she should do whatever seems best. Also flirt with them NO NOT AGAIN

-Get to know Irony.

-I also support Arkon's bid.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:28:01 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

-I stare blankly at Torish. Ral only gave me the authority to hand out rations. I had not even considered taking over the textile industry. If I could do that, why stop there? All the world is there for the taking...  I tell her that I trust her judgement and she should do whatever seems best. Also flirt with them NO NOT AGAIN
Dwarf harem comedy, do it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like that in Neyvns world, relationships start at 2.5th base *High five*
I once had a pair of Dwarfs become Lovers in the first week and married by the second season of a new fort. So yeah I think its more to do that these are Dwarves we are talking bout and not pansy elves or confused humans. Besides the way Shade is writing the extra parts of their Actions that their character is very assertive and forceful when it comes to life and everything...

Also you've suddenly started calling my dwarf Akron :P Just thought I'd bring that up before it sticks.

Opp sorry there mate. Easy mistake when your Name is Ron (see Maps for proof) and when you say it in your head you read it Aar-K-ron when it should be Aar-Kon...

If you'd like to move the turn along and I haven't posted, you can default me to:
I'll only be doing that if you DON'T post while I am at work and/or you Don't post within the Hour of my PMing you on my return from work like last time...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right then, I will be updating when I get home in about an hour or so, stuck in town atm due to my new PC chair needing transport and they transporter don't finish work till later...

Oh and two things that might be nice to mention.
1 PM me anything you want to ask in secret if that ain't obvious.
2 I am still trying to get a fair template in the workings of the dicerolls, some I feel is too easy for you so I raise some I lower cause its too hard, they will get perfect after a while, so sorry about the confusion, its hard to work out the differences needed when you have to do it in your mind before starting...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

NAME:: Sheb Strikekitten
USERNAME:: Sheb
DEITY:: Geshud
PERSONALITY:: !!FIRE!!
SKILLS::
Hammerdwarf: 4
Shield:3
Armor:3
ITEMS::
Warhammer, 2 Handed – 80☼
Medium Shield – 60☼
Single Dwarf Tent – 50☼
Huge backpack with frame – 100☼
Lantern – 6☼
8 12 hour Candles – 24☼
Commoner Clothes – 120☼
6 Weeks Worth of Hardtack: 30☼
5 Bottles of Beer: 30☼
Total: 500☼
BACKGROUND::
Shilban was the Hammerer's younger sister and would probably have become one herself, if it wasn't for her greed. While working as a Sheriff's Deputy, she ran a complex scam involving arresting innocents, pocketing bails and selling confiscated items. When the Duke Norist Crownednot found out about this, he asked that she be Hammered, unaware of her relationship with the Hammerer. Her brother helped her escape and found a job for her as Sheriff of a reclused community. After changing her name and dying her beard, she signed up and is now ready to emigrate, knowing this is her last chance.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not entirely certain, but I don't think females have beards. That would make an excellent disguise, however.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not entirely certain, but I don't think females have beards. That would make an excellent disguise, however.
Sorry yeah, my Dwarf Females don't have beard, and if they did they would be at the constant level of a Pubescent Teenager...

OK I am sorry this is taking alot longer, but I am rehashing the way the posts will look, after I get this down, I will be saving a copy of it so all I need to do is Copy Paste and edit in the new actions and swap out the Action Spoilers...
I wish Spoilers in Spoilers worked, or at least worked in Code, cause when the numbers get larger it might take a whole page to fill in everyones actions. That or I just get boring in the posts...

Fake Edit:: In Fact new poll up...

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

on my d10(random.org) i got 9! what does that mean?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More than 'Good Friends', that's for sure.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

on my d10(random.org) i got 9! what does that mean?
Someone might be falling in love... ^_^ Too bad you are just 2 stages higher then being seen as a Big Brother... ^_^

Ok this is annoying, I thought I took care of this, Did I miss Nirur Torir changing his Skills cause he has 6 Farming. I am Gussing he meant Proficient, but there is still a level missing, did he Novice something or boost the other two up to Adequate. I thought that we informed him that Dabbling level was technically free.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

//Day 4\\

Quote from: Shade's Day
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Survival - Communications and Rations for the day...

Work - Spending the first hour of the day, Shade grabs one of the three Whetstones, on closer exception, even they are not of great quality and by her best estimate would only be able to sharpen two tools/weapons before the abrasive surface that allows for the sharpening to be removed and the stone useless. Moving to the river Shade began to run the Pick against the stone...

It took around an Hour to finish Sharpening the Pick but it no longer had any Rust remaining on its surface and the point of the tool was quite sharp, perhaps now Shade could Mine something...

With the pick sharpened Shade moved onto the days true task. Colleting one of the StoneBlocks from the Masons Workshop, and after looking for a set of tools at the Rough Mechanic's Workshop and not finding them (They are in Vallan's hands) She began to build a Set Brewers Workshop near the tent, taking about an hour to set it up, Shade grabbed one of the Empty Barrels left over from the food eaten for fermentation. She soon remembered that it took two units of the plant type to make a bottle of booze and a Barrel could hold 10 bottles each and finally it took about 2 hours to brew one unit of booze. Sadly they would need bottles to distribute the booze and cups to drink it, Dwarves had long passed the times of dunking one's head into the barrel, too many hairs and lice in their booze kinda changed that...

It took a while to set it up before the Plump Helmets began to breakdown and turn to the mush, after 10 hours she had enough for 3 Units of booze, pouring the mushed Plump Helmets into the barrel to let it ferment, it was only then that she remembered that it would take 3 DAYS before the booze could turn to Wine and that time that she filled the barrel with more ingredients that the timer reset.

The Day ended for Shade by finishing up the Records on what had been done during the day with all the things that have changed. None the less this practice was becoming natural to her...

Revival - Night came and all remained calm, perhaps even after 4 days their presence here was still undiscovered...

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raw Consumptions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sharpening Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brewering Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships Status (click to show/hide)
I hope that this new system is better...

Quote from: Arkon's Day

Arkon's schedule for day 4:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Survival - Communications and Rations for the day. Turns out that Shade IS the Record Keeper, and had assumed the position on the first day...

Day Work - Early in the morning you begin to train Sheg with some methods that would be bother a way of training him at war and as well as keeping the dogs attention long enough to get it through to him, perhaps, but none the less, avoiding a puppy and its boundless energy from the sharing of the food that his master had been eating will be difficult.

At first the Pup enjoyed his Master playing with him, chasing after him tirelessly, even when his master dodge away from his pounces he kept chasing again and again, for the first 5 hours the puppy was going well until either he began to tire or something caught his attention cause the pup turned away and returned to the Tent to drop down outside the flap panting. Needless to say there was nothing more that Arkon could do for the remaining 2 hours other then get the pup something to drink...

Spoiler: Animal Level (click to show/hide)

Night Work - Collecting one of the whetstones and the one that Shade had used earlier that morning, Arkon headed down to the river carrying both of his axes and one of the picks from the wagon. Kneeling before the river he began to Sharpen the weapons and tool.

Unsure on the correct method he spent a while attempting to use the worst of the two and began to scrape the Axe against it, but even after 3 hours he couldn't work it out though, time and time again he scraped it against the stone before suddenly it shattered outright without even removing a bit of rust from the Axe. Shaking his head he returned to the Tent with the three tools and the remaining Whetstone...

Having had little success in Sharpening anything, Arkon turn his attention to the Deer Corpse that he had attempted to cut up the day before, its a good thing the air around their site was quite cool during the day and cold at the night else the corpse would have started rotting by now. Lifting the carving knife he set to work on the Rough Butchers Workshop that the Wagon had become...

Having attempted this before he thought he could do it again, but this time it went bad, on the second attempt the knife cut that had been planned to separate the skin from the muscle began to cause the hide to become damaged and he hadn't even begun to remove the skin from the meat. It COULD be salvaged but perhaps by someone better then himself. The Patrol was peaceful, perhaps he didn't need to do this due to the Heavy Fog that covered the area and would most likely remain here for a Month or two like they had first though, but one can never be too careful...

Revival - Sleep was relaxing...

Spoiler: Butchering Results (click to show/hide)

You just had NO luck with the Whetstones, the last one was a Crit FAIL! It was a good thing I was using the worst first else you would have lost a full stone in one go...
The Training though, the first one was a Crit at 3x the amount. Anything over 2x gets an exp boost from it. Though the last 2 were Crit Fails. Loosing you Exp, yeah I punish Crit Fails with Exp Loss. Normal Fails give exp so don't worry...

Quote from: Torish's Day

Survival - After a quick chat with Shade, Torish collected her Rations for the day. Needless to say She had a plan...

Work - The best place to Thresh the thread out of the Ropereed plants is to make a Farmers Workshop. Collecting a Mined Stone she set the Basic Farmers Workshop near her above ground farms, she went back to the Tent and collected all the Ropereed that she had harvested from the land already. An hour later after settling in, she did the maths. It would take an hour to turn one Ropereed to two threads and would gather two seeds from the job...

It was amazing how bad one could do something on your first attempt. Two of the Ropereeds were Shreaded to nothing, even the seeds were lost in the process somehow, but after struggling with it over 7 hours she achieved to thresh two Ropereeds, resulting in 4 threads and 4 seeds.

After all that struggle with the Threshing though she took up the Fisherberry seeds and Ropereed seeds and begun to plant them into the fields. It would take 3 hours to fully plant a 3x3 farmland but considering the amount of seeds that she had, she could easily plant them all in under that...

Spoiler: Task:: Planting (click to show/hide)

Amazingly after finishing planting the Fisherberries in under an Hour and a half and starting on the Ropereed, Torish was able to extend the amount of seeds she had to end up planting all 9 plots. So not only did she plant them in the same time but also was able to double their amount. Sadly the Fisherberries will take around 2 months to fully mature enough to harvest while after 2 months of growth on the Ropereed it will only be mature enough to harvest in an extra 2 weeks so in total taking 10 Weeks to mature enough to harvest.

After finishing planting though she returned to her workshop to try again with two more Ropereeds...

Able to work well after calming down and doing some planting, she was able to get 3 threads out of the first Ropereed and 2 from the second...

Revival - After all that work, sleep was a welcome experience. Perhaps next time she Threshes though she will do better...

Spoiler: Threshing Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planting Results (click to show/hide)

WARNING!!!! You have 2 hours spare, please do something!!! Else they will be put into Idle time...

Quote from: Etur's Day

Survival - Collecting ones rations for the day, only to join Shade before lunch for a little Conversation.

Morning Work - Just after Breakfast Etur heads down to the Farms with the shovel he used when he dug through the soil at the excavation site. Cutting small channels between the plots he attempted to dig towards the river to get an Irrigation system running for the Plots. Perhaps this would increase the growth time when done. He guess that it would only take 30mins to dig a tile, so shifted his direction towards the nearby river to start there instead.

Spending only 2 hours on it, he was only really able to get four tiles away from the river, starting one tile short from the water itself, but for some reason it was only because he powered through the first 30mins and digging 3 tiles before starting to slip up as the ground was muddy. Slipping over an hour into it, perhaps this wasn't actually a good idea. None the less there is now a channel leading 4 tiles away from the river.

Day Work - Working in the Mechanics workshop, he began to collect the stone he had mined before and started to make some Mechanisms. They would take about 3 hours to make each, but they were a good amount of gears of different shapes and sizes that the task verified the time taken. And due to getting so caught up in the work after lunch he forgot to see Shade about his offer when She had told him to come see her after she had thought about it...

Spoiler: Task:: Make Mechanisms (click to show/hide)

Working tirelessly even after forgetting to get back to Shade after lunch and working non stop for 12 hours in total, he was able to produce 8 Mechansims from 4 Mined stone, doubling the amount he thought he was going to get and actually getting 4 out of the the Large Mined Stone he used first. It was amazing work considering that he had forgotten what he was originally planning, maybe tomorrow...

Revival - Sleep came in the end of the day, and as with the days before, they were peaceful...

Spoiler: Mechanics Results (click to show/hide)

Warning, There is some RP posts happening after people post actions, if you do not respond to these posts that matter, I will move on with basic work. If you have no alternative yourself, you idle.

Quote from: Sam's Day

Revival - Now that you can sort of move around, you were able to feed yourself with the rations provided.

Late Night Work - Waking up from his Sleep, Sam hobbled out to the Wagon where he sees Arkon putting down the Skinning knife in the last attempt to skin the Deer Corpse. Informing the Warrior that its ok, its harder then it looks picks up the knife and attempts to salvage the skin, taking extra care to not damage it any further. While normally it would be an AVERAGE Task, the beginngers attempts have made it difficult, starting at the wrong points and cutting with the wrong method, while Sam himself isn't a skilled butcher, he did know the finer things as he began to slide his knife under the skin...

Finally after taking as long as possible to remove the skin he succeds in taking it off, while the muscle and fat will keep the meat itself safe from the elements (even with the temp) he cast an Single Dwarf tent over it to keep itself before taking a closer look at the Skin to see how badly damaged it is, and if they could use it or not. Luckily it wasn't too badly damaged and he hung the hide over a low level branch nearby, though a Tanners Workshop would have a proper place to dry the hide, this will have to do for now...

Spoiler: Healing Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Butchering Results (click to show/hide)

Taking extra time will lower the level but there needs to be half the time extra deicated to it before it is possible...

Quote from: Vallan

Survival - Waking early with a mild cold and grabbing his Rations from the Tent before anyone else wakes allows him to get a head start over everyone.

Work - First things first though before returning to the Workshops, he dashed off to the old Rough Workshops and collected his Half Made Door, which had luckily not taken any damage of the night or two that it was lying there. On returning to the Workshops he collected a Stone block from the Masons to be used in upgrading the Carpenters from the Prepared Workshop it was to a Set Workshop, the nice and smooth flat workbench would allow him to get the clean cuts he needed. After an hour of upgrading the Workshop, he pulled the Door onto the bench and returned to work on it...

It ended up taking him only an Hour to finish, but no matter how much skill he used to make it a good one, it just came out a plain ordenary door. Nonetheless, not letting this stop him he moved onto making some Beds for the others. Remembering right it took him an Hour to make a single Part and it took 5 Parts to make a Bed. If he worked well he should be able to make some today...

After striking through the day making the parts for the beds he worked non stop, well except to drag the logs from the stockpiles to the workshop each time he finished the parts needed to make the bed. Which turned out to be Twice. Two new beds were near the workshop, ready for a dwarf to sleep in it, it seemed that after getting into the work things just started to slot together quite quickly and not one peice went wrong. In fact, you could say one bed was perfect in every way...

Revival - With the Cold begining to bother him, he tucked himself into his bedroll, using one of the spares as an extra cover in attempts to stay warmer...

Spoiler: Carpentry Results (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Irony's Day

Survival - Enjoying the best out of the rations as possible, and sharing the food with his puppy, Irony looks towards his day.

Work - It only took him a moment to find the Whetstones that were in the tent, grabbing one of them he disappered to the river with Shade as he too sharpened his Tool of his trade, the Axe. Seeing Shade have a degree of seccess he followed the same method as best he could...

An hour later, both he and Shade rose to their feet with their newly sharpened Weapons. Handing the Whetstone over to Shade whom was heading back to the tent and offered, Irony went into the woods and started his days work. Spending 14 hours out there cutting down these monsters he calls trees...

Spoiler: Task:: Woodcutting (click to show/hide)

It took a while after the first one fell but the day ended with him bringing down Two trees in total. Good work against the hard wood of these Pines out here...

Revival - Sleeping with a Puppy at your feet and kittens all over your face and in your beard is actually more peaceful then it sounds...

Spoiler: Woodcutting Results (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:11:51 pm by Neyvn »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Arkon's schedule for day 5:

3 Hours of Survival - Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper (during Lunch and Supper, Sheg gets extra scraps if has worked hard so far), socialising when possible.

4 Hours of Work: Getting Sheg to chase me, as yesterday (basic training and dodging skill).
3 Hours of Work: Training Sheg to go fetch certain things on command (war dog training).
-4 Hours of Lesser Work: Take a whetsone again and begin sharpening tools, taking care this time - first my axe, then my pick (which I will swap with the miner's) while keeping watch as usual.
-2 Hours of Lesser Work: Start developing a set of martial exercises to improve focus, alertness and steadiness (any of fighter/unarmed combat skills/concentration); patrol every half hour.

7 Hours of Revival - Sleeping in the evening and at dawn.

My colour-coded day:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, I think you missed listing some of the skills from day 2 in the totalled skill box:

Thankys! :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:06:38 am by Samthere »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also just want to mention something...
Why does no one actually work together with anyone on anything. A Dwarf will keep working unless there is an actual change in plans, ie the last turn had Etur wanting to upgrade the Carpenter's Workshop while Vallam is IN said workshop. You guys need to look around and whom is doing what and help out that way...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, I never thought to check my character sheet from the first page, as I was the last to enter. I went with (5) farming, (2) brewer/cook, and (1) weaving.

I'll spend any extra time from the previous day threshing.

3 hours survival
7 hours revival
1 hour rest/survival: Play with my kittens, Favor and Hope.
8 hours threshing: Continue turning rope reeds into thread.
5 hours weaving: Create a new basic loom, using loose threads if needed. Turn loose thread into cloth. If I finish that, turn cloth into hooded cloaks and coats. Aim for 3 hooded cloaks and 4 coats, although I doubt I'll finish today.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Scout

• Bay Watcher
  • ?????
    • View Profile

Name: Urist McAwesome
UserName:RedAlertFan http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=17832
Deity:Midor
Personality:Fire
Skills:Professional Shield User, Professional Spear user.
Items:2 Unwanted kittens,Large shield full body cover,Spear, 20 cheap rum,20 weeks of hard tack,Personal basics, bag of bandages,Backpack,Pick. All 500 dollars.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 11:51:35 am by RedAlertFan »
Whatever you do, don't agree to stop looking at pornography or getting help from Jesus.
"mind if I sig this"
 - Person who isn't actually going to put that in their sig
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27