Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26714 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

6 Hours Survival - congratulate myself with plump helmets and beer.
10 Hours Work - build a mason's workshop near the other workshops in first three hours, make blocks for four hours, upgrade the carpenter's workshop with said blocks in last three hours.
8 Hours Survival - Get acquainted with people in two hours after dinner. Sleep for six hours after supper.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I borrow some tools for weaving? Please?

3 hours survival: Push for people to eat fisher berries, and save the seeds. I'll be eating berries, of course.
8 hours revival
13 hours work: Gather plants. Prefer looking near the river.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

3 hours survival:eat fisher berries, and save the seeds.
18 hours revival RECOVER!
3 hours work: Go get the backpack!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:16:52 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

Shade's Standard Schedule, Day 3: THE DAY THINGS WERE CRAZY

3 Hours of Survival - Breakfast, -take Lunch at cliff- and Supper.
13 Hours of Work
- Remind somebody that we have a deer corpse that's starting to smell.
- Remind somebody else that a random boulder isn't a good carpentry workbench.
- Release a set of tools to that guy asking for them.
- Berate Sam on why he decided to bleed out instead of wake me up for treatment.
- Take to Sam and inspect his wound, clean it out with water, and wrap it in a fresh bandage. I AM A DIAGNOSTICIAN AND WOUND DRESSER I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. But if it's rotten and he's under threat, CUT IT OFF WITH AN AXE. Regardless of the leg condition, start a romantic entanglement with Sam.
- After that's done, equip self with rope and mountain climbing gear, and go to mine the cliff excavation. Show Etur how an ADEQUATE MINER rolls.
- In the last hour or two go take records of the day.
8 Hours of Revival - Sleeping at night, waking at dawn.

Starting at dawn (6am)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(May change in event of wounding, combat, incarceration or insanity)

DESTROY ETUR.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Arkon's schedule for day 3:

3 Hours of Survival - Breakfast of Berries, Lunch and Supper. It seems breakfast is the shared meal, so make up war stories about ancient heroes to tell the others.

-1 Hour of Lesser Work: Assisting Shade with cleaning and bandaging Sam. WORRY NOT, BROTHER; SEEN IT A HUNDRED TIMES. YOU'LL BE UP IN NO TIME! Inadvertantly block Shade's romantic advances in a hilarious manner.
6 Hours of Work: Training Sheg; obedience, attacking and stopping attacking targets on command.
7 Hours of Work: Butchering and hanging deer (some scraps thrown to Sheg, and even some for the others' puppies [which were probably attracted by the smell]) while keeping watch; every hour or so, take a stroll around the camp.

7 Hours of Revival - Sleeping in the evening and at dawn.

My colour-coded day:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 07:10:05 pm by Samthere »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well thats everyone but Shade, how much time are you putting towards Doctor work and Mining work???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take as many hours as I need for doctor, and work on Mining until there's only an hour left for Record Keeping
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take as many hours as I need for doctor, and work on Mining until there's only an hour left for Record Keeping
Your the Doctor you need to assign hours to working, just saying that I do it until its better isn't an action.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Three hours, then.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right then, I will roll when I get home from work in another 4 or so hours...
Good to see we can move quickly, wish though I could have gotten a few turns done over the weekend. If everyone posts Uber Fast I can easily get two days done in one go, give or take...

When we get to the first week done, should we do a Weeklong or so Roll???

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That sounds good.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

I'm in UK timezone so I'm usually in bed when it comes to updates. I'll try to post as soon as I can after, though.

Let's see how it goes with the next couple of days, but running a week at a time could be a possibility. The thing is, if events don't go according to plan, does the week stop and we get to list new actions? This would probably mean having to run each dwarf's day before moving onto any dwarf's day 2, which would probably be a bit more work.

E.g. if you had run a week for all the other dwarves and then move to me and on my first day I accidentally lure a sneaky werewolf into the fortress, are those dwarves committed to their actions?

Also, I was wondering which takes general precedence: the DF game or general sense. By this I mean "if something can be done in the DF adventurer mode, is it likely to be doable in a similar fashion/time here?" Things like picking up a lot of dirt in a short time (without removing the source)? Or is 'natural-world sense' our primary guideline?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in UK timezone so I'm usually in bed when it comes to updates. I'll try to post as soon as I can after, though.

Let's see how it goes with the next couple of days, but running a week at a time could be a possibility. The thing is, if events don't go according to plan, does the week stop and we get to list new actions? This would probably mean having to run each dwarf's day before moving onto any dwarf's day 2, which would probably be a bit more work.

E.g. if you had run a week for all the other dwarves and then move to me and on my first day I accidentally lure a sneaky werewolf into the fortress, are those dwarves committed to their actions?

Also, I was wondering which takes general precedence: the DF game or general sense. By this I mean "if something can be done in the DF adventurer mode, is it likely to be doable in a similar fashion/time here?" Things like picking up a lot of dirt in a short time (without removing the source)? Or is 'natural-world sense' our primary guideline?
I try to stick to the Natural World Sense with a touch of DF... I relise now though that I have been giving too short of time for cutting down trees, mining and constructing. How long do you think it would take a Dwarf to really cut down a tree, he wouldn't take only 3 hours, it would take more if he was a beginner too...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that for a week, we should post a schedule for each day, but keeping alternatives to accommodate random rolls.

"If I mined out the cave, go pick herbs. Otherwise, continue mining."

^ Plus the axe is a crappy copper one. That's not a good thing at all.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

How long do you think it would take a Dwarf to really cut down a tree, he wouldn't take only 3 hours, it would take more if he was a beginner too...

Well, how long would it take a human to cut a tree? A strong human, with an axe, could probably fell a tree (thinking about a tree with maybe a foot radius in its trunk) in less than an hour; two people with one of those double saws, less time. Taking the branches off and chopping it into maneuverable logs would probably take a couple of hours more.

It really depends what kind of task we're trying to do. If I'm trying to get enough wood to make a table leg or a mug, I could probably just find a thick branch and have it off the tree and stripped of bark in less than an hour. If I'm taking down a large tree and splitting it into planks or logs of roughly similar size, that could take a good 8 hours or so.

Also, if a tree is very thick, perhaps it could take longer to fell but less time to cut workable wood from afterwards.

I guess it really comes down to how much you think we should be able to do with a single log. If a log can make something big, it should take some time to cut; if a log will only make a handful of wooden jewellery, it shouldn't take as long (unless the artsdwarf is being exceptionally picky).

All that said, I'm just estimating as an inexperienced and unskilled outsider to proper lumberjacking and woodcrafting.

I think that for a week, we should post a schedule for each day, but keeping alternatives to accommodate random rolls.

"If I mined out the cave, go pick herbs. Otherwise, continue mining."

^ Plus the axe is a crappy copper one. That's not a good thing at all.

I think that's a good option to have, but there will still be emergency cases where the situation changes and your dwarf would react completely different. For example, if a miner strikes a natural cavern full of wealth or monsters, the entire population of the fortress will likely react to that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:29:18 pm by Samthere »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27