Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26737 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Presumably, with metalsmithing tools and a bit of ore, I can forge jeweler tools when the time comes. And if that doesn't work out so well, it'll probably be because we're having trouble and metalsmithing will be more valuable than jewelry anyway.

I'd rather get on with the actual fortress bit, as opposed to dying savagely in the wilds for several turns. Mind you, I like Oregon Trail, but if we start with seven and meager belongings we might not do so good once the survivors arrive.
There is no Set tool, I was thinking about it, but now have agreed with Shades idea that you need the tools to build the special buildings, after that any extra tools of quality will act as modifiers.
I'm not sure what you mean. I was under the impression that tools would be needed for both metalwork and jewelcrafting, and I figured I could forge more tools at a metalsmith's forge. Thus, my plan was to use the one set of tools to build a metalsmith's forge, then use said forge to make jewelry tools (and additional forging tools) at some point. Would some part of that not work or not be necessary?
[/quote]The part that is unnessesary is the part bolded... Tools are needed to build the important buildings (which are listed) but are also modiferes when used in any other workshop...

Looks like we're all ready to go, aside from some potential item juggling.

Will we be starting soon?
After I get home from work and have entertained my GF for a while... ^_^
As a proficient farmer, Torish probably knows how long seeds take to grow. Please tell us.
Well we will be going via a proper Growder so, let me think about it while I am working (Lunch break is up now.) and I will tell ya after I finish, PM me ideas on how you feel their growth should be, DF speed is too fast but how long should it take for each seed to grow if they were real. Remember Carrots IRL take around 7 months or so to mature...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

May I be dwarfed?
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:23:25 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I be dwarfed?
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
One of the First Migrants to come... Heres hoping that the first wave won't be 1 dwarf though...

NOTICE, I will be Starting tonight, I will PM the Farmer the growth rate of the plants later. Please note that this DF world is Unmodded and it is vanilla...
ALSO:: I will be changing the poll. Please vote...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

What time of year are we actually starting the travel at? Spring?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What time of year are we actually starting the travel at? Spring?
Arrival is in spring no matter how long it took...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we eat/drink our supplies while travelling?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we eat/drink our supplies while travelling?
Yeah thats why the Weeks are said, thats how long it takes you to get there, and you use up surpplies...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tricky, especially since we only start with 21 weeks of food in the first place. Unless can gather lots of food from the local area (wait... did we bring a fishing rod?), taking a longer journey could kill us slowly with starvation. On the other hand, a short journey could result in dying quickly with goblin-applied stab wounds.

Well played, sir. I hope that the rest of this story is as thrilling as this.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tricky, especially since we only start with 21 weeks of food in the first place. Unless can gather lots of food from the local area (wait... did we bring a fishing rod?), taking a longer journey could kill us slowly with starvation. On the other hand, a short journey could result in dying quickly with goblin-applied stab wounds.

Well played, sir. I hope that the rest of this story is as thrilling as this.
You wanted an Oregon Style journey....
Rod is in Group Supplies...

You could aways trade with the Humans...

Oh and forgot...
WHAT THE HELL!!!

Roll(1d4)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

Roll(1d4)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

Can I roll anything other then that for Kitten checks...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just as a Reminder Folks, there is not specialized Toolsets, they were something I was thinking about, got no real feedback, and have stuck with this method.

Toolsets are Multiuse and used in the construction of Buildings that require these Toolsets, thus becoming part of the building. Using a High Quality Toolset to build a Building and carrying a Toolset will give Modifiers to the rolls when the workshop is used...

Also, can people please tell me WHOM has reworked their Profiles, or even PM me them/their post location, so that I can update my own GM list...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda amazed that people are willing to lose a lot of food for a safer entrance over a quick arrival.
Perhaps I should remake that last one (Option four) to read 2weeks, to make it a little more appealing...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, we don't really know how many goblins or how harsh combat is.

We're almost all armed, sure, but only one of us has any actual combat training, so a goblin ambush could be nasty indeed.

Even so, it's my vote. Fresh slaves and scavenged equipment! Not to mention free combat training.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Also, it looks like Shade's records on the first page just below yours are accurate. Glancing through it, it looks like I'm the only one who's entry needs updating.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check the Making a Profile part, you can now add a Deity to your character and say what gender...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I will pick Tobul Granitegorge then. Too many good spheres. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27