Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26721 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

No, we are Armok.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As much as I like the IDEA of an oregon trail sequence, i think it is dangerous for the health of the game.  So i vote against it if the GM is not confident about it. Also i will worship Niweni Goldflames the Hot Luxuries:
Male Dragon associated with wealth and fire.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to let somebody else join, as I'm in Hastur's game, but if you need another player, I'd be happy to join this one as well, so long as I may continue to mercilessly abuse commas in ways that are probably technically correct, but still feel excessive.

I'd join as a farmer, to prevent famine.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be great, we can always use a farmer, and I think that this is the start of a beautiful relationship. We need seeds and food, I think.

If we could start our journey with something like this, I'm sure that any material losses would be well worth it.

And uh, I notice that our dwarves don't have any genders or physical attributes or personalities. Is that going to come up at some point?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:15:48 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NAME:: Torish Nirurtorir (Torish is a perfectly valid word. Means "crown." I picked it only because it sounds like "Torir," not because I have even the slightest of nobility ambitions.)
GENDER: Eh, let's go with female. Dwarves aren't picky about male/female names.
USERNAME:: Nirur Torir
PERSONALITY:: Earth
SKILLS:: [Not sure if dabbling counts. Backup brewers are absolutely critical, and I need to do something other then just farm.] (6) Farmer (2) Brewer (2) Cook
DEITY: Geshud: (Goddess associated with fortresses)
ITEMS::
(800)
Peasant Clothes - 60 (740)
Backpack - 60 (680)
Personal Basics - 5 (675)
Shovel - 12 (663)
20 weeks Plump Helmets - 300 (363)
3 bags of Plump Helmet Spawn - 60 (303)
3 bags of Cave Wheat Seeds - 60 (243)
3 bags of Rock Nuts - 60 (183)
2 bags of Dimple Cup Spawn - 40 (143)
3 bags of Pig Tail Seeds - 60 (83)
3 bags of Sweet Pod seeds - 60 (23)

kittensGet

23 currency remains

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Presumably, with metalsmithing tools and a bit of ore, I can forge jeweler tools when the time comes. And if that doesn't work out so well, it'll probably be because we're having trouble and metalsmithing will be more valuable than jewelry anyway.

In terms of deities, a lot look good... not sure who to pick.

I'd rather get on with the actual fortress bit, as opposed to dying savagely in the wilds for several turns. Mind you, I like Oregon Trail, but if we start with seven and meager belongings we might not do so good once the survivors arrive.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With skills, Proficient is the highest (5 points) and you get Dabbling and Novice together for one point.

How's this?

(5) Proficient Farmer
(2) Adequate Cook
(2) Adequate Brewer
(1) Novice Herbalist

Also, you have won three kittens.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:24:48 pm by Shade-o »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've pulled some deities from a world I generated, so here's our civilisation's pantheon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And these are the megabeasts that were worshipped:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So pick one or two that you'd like to worship. Maybe it will be important later?

If you don't pick them, I will! Hee hee hee!
Woah, slow down there mate, now I know how Phantom felt over his World of War game... Granted I was gonna do this anyway, I will accept that due to now I don't need to myself. And yeah I do agree on the food double thing. But please make sure you actually ask for my thoughts over things...

Also,
Presumably, with metalsmithing tools and a bit of ore, I can forge jeweler tools when the time comes. And if that doesn't work out so well, it'll probably be because we're having trouble and metalsmithing will be more valuable than jewelry anyway.

I'd rather get on with the actual fortress bit, as opposed to dying savagely in the wilds for several turns. Mind you, I like Oregon Trail, but if we start with seven and meager belongings we might not do so good once the survivors arrive.
There is no Set tool, I was thinking about it, but now have agreed with Shades idea that you need the tools to build the special buildings, after that any extra tools of quality will act as modifiers.

Also I am a 50/50 feeling about the Oregon Trail thing, never been good at that game itself so don't know...
After the Fortress location has been decided (which is most likely Seacliffs now anyway) I will remake the poll to ask if that is wanted...

I was going to let somebody else join, as I'm in Hastur's game, but if you need another player, I'd be happy to join this one as well, so long as I may continue to mercilessly abuse commas in ways that are probably technically correct, but still feel excessive.

Oh come on, I don't use it that bad do I??? I actually talk like that sometimes so its common for me to add it via text too... Also remember that the ... is habitual.

I think he means "once we drink the booze, do we get the empty bottle to use for other stuff?"
Yeah I will give you empty bottles for when you empty the booze...

And uh, I notice that our dwarves don't have any genders or physical attributes or personalities. Is that going to come up at some point?
Basicly me forgetting to add that to Profile listing there...
Tell me the Gender and we can add them, the physical attributes and personalities are actually explained by the personality, eg, Earthen Dwarves have High amounts of Stamina and good Endurance, so that mainly explains that they are well built characters, while the Water Dwarves are Intelligent and have high perception and charm says that they are more 'beautiful' in the dwarven way then anything thing else. Look if you want to 'draw a picture' of your dwarf then so be it...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:30:42 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look stop...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With skills, Proficient is the highest (5 points) and you get Dabbling and Novice together for one point.

How's this?

(5) Proficient Farmer
(2) Adequate Cook
(2) Adequate Brewer
(1) Novice Herbalist

Right, the sign-up sheet confused me and I'm slightly sleep deprived.

I'll take the point in weaving. We should be fine on food, and we'll need quality ropes. I'd also like to make some valuable socks when I have nothing better to do.

Also I am a 50/50 feeling about the Oregon Trail thing, never been good at that game itself so don't know...
After the Fortress location has been decided (which is most likely Seacliffs now anyway) I will remake the poll to ask if that is wanted...
I'm against it. I want to play DF, not Oregon Trail. Although, that would make an interesting forum game.

Oh come on, I don't use it that bad do I??? I actually talk like that sometimes so its common for me to add it via text too... Also remember that the ... is habitual.
Huh. I hadn't noticed. I was talking about myself, but I guess if I hadn't noticed your comma abuse, then mine's not as bad as I thought.

Hurray, normalcy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Look stop...
Heh, I was just thinking that was crossing the line into a GM hijack. :P

There is no Set tool, I was thinking about it, but now have agreed with Shades idea that you need the tools to build the special buildings, after that any extra tools of quality will act as modifiers.
I'm not sure what you mean. I was under the impression that tools would be needed for both metalwork and jewelcrafting, and I figured I could forge more tools at a metalsmith's forge. Thus, my plan was to use the one set of tools to build a metalsmith's forge, then use said forge to make jewelry tools (and additional forging tools) at some point. Would some part of that not work or not be necessary?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I've got all the things tallied up. It's all in my first post, under yours. The things that come in containers (bags, bottles, barrels) have them listed with them with a total at the bottom.

Of note, here are our vital supplies:

-21 Weeks of food for 7 Dwarves in 75 Barrels.
-19 Weeks of drink for 7 Dwarves in 67 Bottles.
-190 various seeds and 42 bandages in 26 Bags.
-50☼ hard currency.

At least now we won't starve to death immediately!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Looks like we're all ready to go, aside from some potential item juggling.

Will we be starting soon?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a proficient farmer, Torish probably knows how long seeds take to grow. Please tell us.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27