Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26710 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Starvation is very possible if we don't get more food. Insanity if we don't get more drink.

Arkon: Much as I'm loathe te suggest it, it might be wise te think about takin' an Earth-workin' peasant dwarf with us.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:17:39 am by Samthere »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

i sell my tent and buy 12 "rum" bottles

everyone sell their tents and buy food/seeds
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:18:04 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The potato Seeds are gonna transform into Plump Helmet Spawns if Maxi don't choose right...

Also nice tally of the Goods and stuff, mind you... Food ain't really all that 'healthy' at the moment, you could loose half of it before even getting close to the bottom of the barrel just by eating it, remember all food is nearly full of Weevils and Lice and so much unhealthy stuff that most would throw it away. Shame thats all the Mountainhome will give you. Then there is the amount of water in that booze... ^_^

None the less its good to see that you are willing to do that maths... ^_^

Starvation is very possible if we don't get more food. Insanity if we don't get more drink.

Arkon: Much as I'm loathe te suggest it, it might be wise te think about takin' an Earth dwarf with us.
The Terminology of the Personalities are Meta. More for me to remember what the stats of the dwarves are...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

The Terminology of the Personalities are Meta. More for me to remember what the stats of the dwarves are...

Arkon: Much as I'm loathe te suggest it, it might be wise te think about takin' an Earth-workin' peasant dwarf with us.

Fixed. :D

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

I thought water dorfs were just smot guys who were week in the beginning
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

We shouldn't worry about the hardtack. It's called that for a reason. It keeps for months and months. The bugs only add flavour.

Also, I assigned the toolkits based on the person's skills.

I guess this is what I deserve for being the record keeper...

TOTAL SUPPLIES
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NAME:: Irony Anchorbolt

NAME:: Sam UristCatten

Name: Etur Rackwheels

NAME:: Shade Buket-Nimak

NAME:: Vallan Lombukog

Name: Arkon Onolduthnur [Estillibash]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:55:38 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought water dorfs were just smot guys who were week in the beginning
That too...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The two dwarves/week per item of food is kind of awkward, so I'll just double the amount that everyone has, but make that only one dwarf/week. It's still sold the same, but you get two per sale, not one.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:55:45 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The two dwarves/week per item of food is kind of awkward, so I'll just double the amount that everyone has, but make that only one dwarf/week. It's still sold the same, but you get two per sale, not one.
Heh, yeah the 2/week is kinda awkward, but its spos to be a barrel that the dwarves share. Barrels hold like, what 30 food. That means thats 15 food per dwarf each week... Meaning that he eats 2 food a day with one left over as a 'snack'...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, let's say that each barrel contains the same proportion as before- one barrel feeds two people for a week (two units of food). I'll add the barrels into the list. Are the drinks still in bottles, or are they in barrels too? If it's bottles, what happens after they get drunk?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, let's say that each barrel contains the same proportion as before- one barrel feeds two people for a week (two units of food). I'll add the barrels into the list. Are the drinks still in bottles, or are they in barrels too? If it's bottles, what happens after they get drunk?
Well to tell the truth the Item list was just copy pasted from Hastur's list, I thought I went through that proper...

Anyway, I am actually falling asleep right now, so let me rethink that about the booze situation, if anything there should be enough booze to last at least long enough to produce twice as much if booze production is started straight away, I don't know, sleep making brain work less...

Shade you seem like someone who has thought things out, tell me what you feel about this fact (infact everyone please) and let me think clearer about it, if anything I should mention that the more expensive the food is, the more filling it is, so in other words a Plump helmet fills 1/10 slots (might actually use the grid thing that is visible in the spoiler of post two) while Hardtack fills 3/10 and the biscuits fills 5-6/10. You know what I mean. I will rework it tomorrow morning, but basicly the prices will remain the same, the amount of days that something will keep you full will change...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what, your quite right Shade, basicly the weeks worth of food is as you said. Booze is the same. But I don't understand what you mean when you say what if they get drunk...

Still need one more founder though, I wouldn't mind starting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I think he means "once we drink the booze, do we get the empty bottle to use for other stuff?"

In any case, I've updated my entry for what is hopefully the last time. Mostly I just swapped out my tent for extra food, booze, and personal basics.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I've added your changes. Are you sure that you still want Jewellery skills? We don't have a toolset for that workshop now.

Also remember that in my list One Week = One Dwarf, not two. To counter this doubled rate of consumption, you get two units of Hardtack per 5☼ spent, for example. You can fit two weeks of food/drink into one barrel. Also, the drink is in barrels. It's simpler this way.

Also, can we have an Oregon Trail-style travel sequence?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:04:50 pm by Shade-o »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've pulled some deities from a world I generated, so here's our civilisation's pantheon:

And these are the megabeasts that were worshipped:

So pick one or two that you'd like to worship. Maybe it will be important later?

If you don't pick them, I will! Hee hee hee!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:24:39 pm by Shade-o »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27