Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26658 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That's fine, once every two days is still pretty fast for a forum game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Especially such a complex one as this one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

I wonder if we could play a Fortress RPG inside this Fortress RPG...
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

WHEEEE
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, been tired every day, been pushed to the full limits at work and can only do minor gaming and forum stuff. I will get it up today...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, you're still getting turns done faster then I do.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Take your time, we'll still be here when you get back (probably).

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well these guys have the coddling done so i will encourage you with tough love.

C'mon man up and just do it! we dont need to fancy spelling and formatting, just hide the rolls cut some corners and let the players handle the minutae and descriptions. Were all dying to know how everyone dies in the end. If you say one day gets done at least we can give you input on what we do on the next day! and then you can resolve 2 days in one post! think of the possibilities!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Today... *rolls* you are attacked by... *rolls* a siege of... *rolls* goblins... *rolls* led by... *rolls* their demon-king... *rolls* riding dragons.

As for weather... *rolls* it is overcast.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

While I'm not in any particular hurry, you really should cut or simplify anything that takes too long or is too tedious. If it slows down the game now, it'll kill it later.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing that is killing this game is my motivation atm, due to work I have been coming home tired and frustrated, not wanting to sit down and roll dice for a while I put it off again and again, this causes me to find excuses... I am working on it now so it should be up tonight...

Though as players more discussion and such to show that you DO want the next day to come would help motivate me, if I can come on and see a bit of discussion or such.
Maybe I will post up an Fortress Thread, where each day is posted and between the days you post there, leave this for discussion if you start doing so...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Splitting into two threads might be best. At the very least it would make organisation easier.

Motivation, huh? Well, the moment you slip up I'll be there making my own game, and then you'll feel very silly but I'd let you join if you wanted to.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That's the opposite of motivation. >:(

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have low charisma!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

So on the one hand, I want to burrow down the cliff to the sea, so we can get pet whales or something (penguins on those icebergs would be AWESOME). On the other, it is a loooooooong way down, so I'm not sure when we'll ever get around to it, plus it'd open the door for hideous sea monsters to shamble up our stairs and savage us unawares.

This would be well after we were settled in anyway, but still. Something to think about.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27