Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26731 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

Wow, look what I just found on the front page, first paragraph:

Actions will be simulated to a realistic method of production, don't be expecting to make a bed in one day.

You got lucky, man. And you did it with caveman technology, too.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if boulder gave me a +3 what would a rock or a block or a wooden table give?
We a basic stone from a Mine would give a +1 or so. but working it into a block would give -1 if anything...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, look what I just found on the front page, first paragraph:

Actions will be simulated to a realistic method of production, don't be expecting to make a bed in one day.

You got lucky, man. And you did it with caveman technology, too.
Heh Yeah. That.... ^_^
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok im crossing out my days actions and reposting them

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In reference to this building plan, how much have we dug out?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In total there is 32 Stone tiles mined out, you need to decide on HOW it was mined. How deep the ramp goes and how long the pathway to the place goes...

Remember that a River fills the Zs under it and can cause flooding directly beneath it if not smoothed...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like four or five z-levels ramp down, to me.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 hours eating berries throughout the day
3 hours minor action construct carpenters workshop underground and consume toolset with rock
3 hours minor action construct mechanics workshop underground with rock
4 make boards
4 make boards
8 hours sleep on my bed, preferably underground if convenient enough

OOC: can i keep the tools with me? i dont want them stolen by kobolds.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's OK, I already stole them.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

didnt someone already get scolded earlier for backseat gming? I think ill wait for neyvns replies no offence, really i mean it im not being sarcastic. i didnt say anything earlier but you are interjecting into everything

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually with every Toolset but the ones you have been using, HAS been in Shades stash...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

turn
Hilarious.

Looks like four or five z-levels ramp down, to me.
I'd rather be a bit further down to make sure we don't get any dampness, but that's a good ballpark. Maybe seven or eight?

Someone should make a proper carpenter's workshop, preferably out of stone blocks, before we continue with the beds. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, right?

3 hours Survival
6 hours Revival
15 hours chopping down trees and hauling them back to camp
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What on earth are you planning on doing with all these logs? We've used two so far.

About the cave, we'll probably be needing candle lanterns lit since we're most likely inside. And how far inside do we need to dig before the deafening sound of the waterfall is low enough to sleep inside?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Burning them into charcoal for use in glassmaking. It's also handy to have raw materials for beds and barrels around.

Still, if there's something else I should be doing I'm all ears.

True, the constant need for lanterns will be irritating, but I'm not sure there's a lot we can do about it, unless you want to make an aboveground fort. Maybe we should start ranching for a steady supply of tallow to make our own, or something.

As for the noise, I'd intended to burrow in quite a ways (this is also our defense corridor, remember) then go off to the side with closed doors, so our permanent bedrooms will probably be well out of any kind of irritating noise. Might be a while before we can move our beds in there, but thus far we've had a dabbling miner doing it; maybe you'll be faster.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, charcoal should be good.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27