Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26726 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Arkon will worship, from this Pantheon, Midor and Nemen Queensieges.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arkon will worship, from this Pantheon, Midor and Nemen Queensieges.
\\Points at OP,\\ Do you see Megabeasts up for Worship???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

We took the long way? I am disappoint.

Well, at least I don't have to count as much food!

Starting with:

48 Weeks of  Plump Helmets
-24 Barrels
102 Weeks of Hardtack Biscuits
-51 Barrels
--75 Barrels
114 Weeks of Rum
-57 Bottles
20 Weeks of Beer
-10 Bottles
--67 Bottles

Over 15 weeks we should use 105 weeks of food and drink between the 7. Should we eat the hardtack or the plump helmets first?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:40:41 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Poll will stay up untill tonight after work, which is in another 8 or so hours, so if anything more people can come in and change that vote...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Didn't see that it was on the OP now, just read it from the thread's progress.

Just Midor, then. :D

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't see that it was on the OP now, just read it from the thread's progress.

Just Midor, then. :D
When did I say that Shades post was Cannon...

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

You didn't explicitly say it but you implied it here:

Granted I was gonna do this anyway, I will accept that due to now I don't need to myself. And yeah I do agree on the food double thing. But please make sure you actually ask for my thoughts over things...

It's fine, I just didn't understand that they had been changed when moved to the OP (technically I didn't realise they'd been moved there at all); my bad.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you tell me what to add and remove, I'll do it.

We've had 7 votes on the path already, are non-players supposed to vote too?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:17:46 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you tell me what to add and remove, I'll do it.

We've had 7 votes on the path already, are non-players supposed to vote too?
Just remove mostly posts that look like GM decisions.
Megabeasts are not worshipable...

Well anyone wanting to be a Migrant was able to Poll too, but none the less the Poll is over...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:33:59 am by Neyvn »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yaaaay! We're all going to die!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The sound of an animal calling out rose through the heavy fog that had covered the area all winter, shortly after the sound of cracking twigs and ice under a wooden wheel began to grow louder as the shape of a Pony and Wagon rolled out of the thick white, pulling the reins tight the Dwarf known as Sam UristCatten drew the pony in check, its small and sad rebuttal was ignored as the 6 other Dwarves disembarked from the wagon. Irony Anchorbolt looked about himself, the cold dieing winds of Winter left his breath as clouds of vapor each time he exhaled, a thunderous roar brought him to the edge of the cliff face that named the area, each footsteps crunching away at the light covering of snow and ice that coated the ground. He found that the great River that they had followed towards this place emptied itself into a majestic waterfall, falling miles and miles before smashing into a heavy and unseen ocean surface, and a short distance away from the cliff edge small icebergs were forming in the cold waters and sea winds that clashed against the wall...

Turning back to the wagon walking down along the river bed, the loose stones crackle the deeper sound compared to the frost over the grass, his palm touches onto the trunk of one of the snow heavy tree that hangs out over the the river as he holds himself stable while hopping between its roots. When he returned to the wagon he discovered that the other 6 had started a small fire after hitching the pony to a low hanging branch, they huddled around it as Shade Buket-Nimak began to read from the freshly unrolled scroll that had been the target of question over the Winter times they had just passed though...

"Greetings to you, oh Founders of Dagoth-ur, The Seacliffs of Infinite Wrath...
We are gladdened by your safe arrival to these areas and hope that the trip was safe and calm. Before leaving you were entrusted with enough coin to get more then enough food to last you the trip of a month and many after that, as we hope that it has taken you at least that. Nonetheless, make ready your shelters, gather food and drink via sweat, hoe or bolt and make yourselves safe least the creatures of the land find you...
Stay yourselves safe and pray to your Deities and Armok himself that he does not take notice of you and the nearby Fortress that we are sure you have seen to the East where the hills give way to the flats before rising to the Mountains once again, our scouts informed us that they frequent the lowlands, and bearly saw any patrols near the Cliff where you are to build our new Outpost and Mountainhome in hopes of sweeping these fowl creatures from the area. We here at the Mountainhome pray to Armok that he let you create your defenses and home before the "FUN" starts...

Well we wish you luck, a small armed convoy will arrive some time in Autumn this year to supply you with some gear and extra hands, but others may in the future arrive, as with every new Outpost, many of the Unemployed here at the Mountainhome look elsewhere for their lively hood. Good luck and may Armok be pleased. Strike the Earth..."

As Shade rolls the scroll into a ball and casts it into the fire, a worried look comes across each of the dwarves present. What now, do they struggle to dig and build their defenses before the Fog of Winter falls and the Goblins at the Fortress on which it seems they had spent 15 weeks trying to avoid and failing to do so, discover their location. Or leave the area. To return to the Mountainhome to face Hammerstrikes or worse. If anything the temperture of the air around them left the feeling that this Fog would last at least a month or two before falling, but the chances of growing anything in early spring on the surface was limited to not at all, it is unknown too what would happen to the underground crops with the salt air and cold climate, it looked challenging but only they would have control of their future...

Heh, and it seemed like such a good idea to Follow that river around the Mountains...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Welcome to Dagoth-ur, The Seacliffs of Infinite Wrath.
Each Dwarf is of their own, no one else can control the others directly unless they are accepting orders from a leader which will be elected via the current poll.
Each Dwarf needs to input three Major actions. Each action will take a chosen amount of Hours, these hours can be anything from 6 to 24. Meaning that a Dwarf could do nothing at all except sleep and eat or spend the whole day awake if wished. These actions will be needed to fit a simple pattern.

Survival - Survival is that of Eating and Caring for oneself in ways of patching ones wounds. A small amount of hours can be allocated to Survival depending on how the Player feels that their Dwarf can go without eating or drinking. When it comes down to it, a Dwarf needs a balanced meal of 3, Breakfast Lunch and Supper. These meals consume only 1 point from a meal, 7 Dwarves consume one unit of food if the Meals of 3 are eaten...

Working - Working is that of the active part of the day, they are divided into two kinds. Major jobs and Minor Jobs. A Major Job is categorized as a job that will take a lot of hours of non stop work (bar for Survival or Revival actions.) Attempting to do a Major Job and a Minor Job will leave the Dwarf Exhausted to the point of collapse. Though a Dwarf can do at the Max of 4 Minor Jobs. Minor jobs could count as Hauling or crafting a single item, while Major jobs are cutting down trees, building or making a lot of items...

Revival - Revival is that of sleep and relaxation, Sleep is needed by all Dwarves no matter what, pushing the Dwarf through the night will put pressure and exhaust him/her to the point of collapse come Morning. If a Major Job was done during the day, the minimum needed sleep to recover 100% is that of 6 hours, after that its extra recovery to different things. More sleep is better though...

The map below is that of this Month, after each month the map will be refreshed with the current status, additional maps will be added if things come to become important, the location of the Goblin Fortress is clouded by the Thick Fog, after the fog falls there will be a new map shown, untill then, only the region map is visible...

Good LUCK all...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks incredibly awesome. Giant river and waterfall? Icebergs? Seasonal fogbanks? Hostile climate? Impending Goblin attack? Gigantic cliff? The possibilities are thrilling. Thrilling! I feel like a Dwarf in a magma forge!

Shade's Standard Schedule:

3 Hours of Survival - Breakfast, Lunch and Supper.
12 Hours of Work - Flexible skills!
9 Hours of Revival - Sleeping at night.

(May change in event of wounding, combat, incarceration or insanity)

For clarification, what is the effect of devoting more hours to work? One Major/Four Minor is based on your endurance, but what does time give you?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:30:59 am by Shade-o »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

Sam's Standard Schedule:

3 Hours of Survival - Breakfast, Lunch and Supper.
13 Hours of Work - Hunting!
8 Hours of Revival - Sleeping at night.

(May change in event of wounding, combat, incarceration or insanity)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basicly, the more time you spend on a job the better chance of it being of higher quality, more being made at once or even more skill points added to level that skill. Let me put it this way. Doing a Major Job in crafting can net a high amount of Craft goods made per hour, though for a minor job a smaller amount is made. But there is less chance of getting more from the job then if you spent the whole day working on it...

10 Hours of Work - Flexible skills!

What does this mean???

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, we haven't scouted the area, seen any enemies, picked a leader, made a plan or even moved forward in time. I'll reserve judgement on what I'll be working on until some of those are concluded. Plus, I have a wide variety of skills.

Also, doesn't the guide say that the minimum time on a particular Action is 6 hours? That's why I picked 6 for Survival, but Sam picked 3...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27